Dynadot

Autonomous & Driverless car domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

morf13

Top Member
Impact
RE: Autonomous & Driverless car domains

Seems like there's a lot of news lately, as recently as the last few days, of advances in driverless & autonomous cars. There are multiple auto makers getting ready to launch some form of these cars, and of course, Google is working on their project car.

I have a handful of domains related to this news & technology, and I am wondering if anybody else has any? Also, any spike in traffic to your domains, or news of sales???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SelfDrivableCar.com
SelfDrivableCars.com

•••
Selfflying Vehicles

Getting type in traffics on the matching domain
selfflyingvehicles ./c/o/m
Also there are lots of #selfflyingvehicles tweets by various people/business, can't wait to see the industry grow more...

•••
•••
AutonomousRide / Self-Driving .Technology / Self-Driving .Company

Help shape the future of self-driving cars. Join the first public trial of Waymo’s self-driving vehicles—our early rider program—located in Phoenix, AZ: www.waymo.com/apply.

Waymo was formerly known as the Google self-driving car project. We became an independent self-driving technology company in 2016 and our goal is to make it safe and easy for people and things to get around.

•••
Self-DrivingEV(s) - RideSharingEV - RideHailingEV

The Next Car You Buy Could Be Your Last -- The Robo-Taxi Era Is Closer Than You Think

General Motors is testing self-driving Chevrolet Bolt EVs for use in shared fleets.

If you live in a large city -- and more and more of us do, according to U.S. Census data -- you know what a pain it is to own a car. It's difficult to find parking, and when you do, it's expensive. Insurance rates can be outrageous too. Taxis and ride-sharing services are an option, but you don't know the stranger behind the wheel and those fares can add up quickly.

By the end of the next decade, however, you'll probably find that the cheapest, most convenient form of transportation is a shared, self-driving electric car, according to new research by the Boston Consulting Group.

The convergence of three trends -- ride-sharing, autonomous driving and vehicle electrification -- will drive down the cost of travel by as much as 60 percent, triggering a major shift toward self-driving robo-taxis in large cities, according to BCG. By 2030, the group says, a quarter of all miles driven in the U.S. could be in shared, self-driving electric cars.

Read more: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannm...xi-era-is-closer-than-you-think/#76fe101d21b0

Last edited:
•••
AutomatedMinivan & AutomatedMinivans

Alphabet's Self-Driving Cars to Get Their First Real Riders
Google's car project finally exits testing phase through 'early rider program' in Phoenix

1000x-1.jpg

An early version of Waymo's autonomous Chrysler Pacifica minivan

After almost a decade of research, Google's autonomous car project is close to becoming a real service.

Now known as Waymo, the Alphabet Inc. self-driving car unit is letting residents of Phoenix sign up to use its vehicles, a major step toward commercializing a technology that could one day upend transportation.

For the service, Waymo is adding 500 customized Chrysler Pacifica minivans to its fleet. Waymo has already tested these vehicles, plus other makes and models, on public roads, but only with its employees and contractors as testers. By opening the doors to the general public with a larger fleet, the company will get data on how people experience and use self-driving cars -- and clues on ways to generate revenue from the technology.

More: Bloomberg.com

•••
Autonomous .Delivery

Your future Amazon orders may be delivered by self-driving cars

Amazon could cut costs with autonomous delivery

While Google is arguably the leader in advancing self-driving cars for your everyday transportation needs, it looks like another big name is looking at autonomous vehicles for an entirely different purpose.

Retail giant Amazon has created its own firm focused on the potential of utilizing driverless technology to improve its service, according to insider sources of The Wall Street Journal.

Though Amazon is no stranger to making its own products, as seen with itstablets and set-top boxes, it appears the company's interest in self-driving tech is more about logistics than commercial sales.

Rather than develop its own self-driving vehicle to sell, it look like Amazon's autonomous driving research team — which was reportedly created over a year ago and consists of about a dozen members — may be researching how to use the tech to lower shipping costs.

Primed for delivery
Similar to the company's initiative of using drones to deliver packages, Amazon may be researching the benefits of its own self-driving cars to cut the costs of relying on third-party mailing services (and, ya know, human beings) to transport packages.

Read more: http://www.techradar.com/news/your-...be-faster-cheaper-thanks-to-self-driving-cars

•••
SelfDeliver ./com

SelfDelivering
./com

Self-Delivery ./com

•••
•••
Excited by Waymo's news!

So here's a question, does everyone have their domains on sales landers, parked, developed?

Currently mine are on sales landers with Efty but with the news picking up I am thinking of moving them to parked pages. Mostly so I can harvest the traffic stats, not really for revenue purposes.

•••
Excited by Waymo's news!

So here's a question, does everyone have their domains on sales landers, parked, developed?

Currently mine are on sales landers with Efty but with the news picking up I am thinking of moving them to parked pages. Mostly so I can harvest the traffic stats, not really for revenue purposes.

If your goal is to harvest traffic stats, you can also do that by linking Efty to your Google Analytics account.

Last edited:
•••
If your goal is to harvest traffic stats, you can also do that by linking Efty to your Google Analytics account.

Yes I need to play around with this more - I have my account linked but does it break down the traffic by domain or do I need to configure my analytics account for each domain individually?

•••
Yes I need to play around with this more - I have my account linked but does it break down the traffic by domain or do I need to configure my analytics account for each domain individually?
If my memory serves me well, you'll find the answer in the FAQ on Efty

•••
Autonomouschopper.com

Autonomousdashboard.com

Autonomousminbike.com

Autonomoustec.com

Autonomoustraining.com

•••
Why Waymo’s self-driving car test in Phoenix is such a big milestone

Artificial intelligence is not the savior of mankind.

All of the intelligence we program into an interface — a speaker like Amazon Echo, the chatbot you use at work, or a car that drives on its own — has to be tested in the real world by actual human beings, and until those tests are perfected, it won’t be saving anyone. Even then, this computer entity is really an extension of the human mind, isn’t it? An AI is only as smart as the humans who create and program it — nothing more and nothing less.

That’s why autonomous cars are so important. They won’t be the savior of all mankind, but the AI in cars will certainly save a few lives — perhaps even millions.

That’s why the recent news that Waymo (the sister company of Google) is using a fleet of 500 test vehicles — the Chrysler Pacifica minivan, outfitted with LIDAR sensors and other tech to keep the car on the straight and narrow — is so important. No autonomous car will ever reach full production standards at larger automakers like Chrysler and GM until there are real people sitting in the vehicle — including kids, as Google’s Waymo has explained.

Here’s why that is.

Every expert in the auto industry knows there are millions of variables when it comes to driving, and an AI has to collect and analyze all of that data.

Read more: https://venturebeat.com/2017/04/28/...-car-test-in-phoenix-is-such-a-big-milestone/

Last edited:
•••
FullyAutonomous / FullSelf-Driving

Elon Musk clarifies Tesla’s plan for level 5 fully autonomous driving: 2 years away from sleeping in the car

Ever since Tesla released its second generation Autopilot hardware and started offering an option called “full self-driving capability”, there’s been some confusion about Tesla’s plan for rolling out fully autonomous driving.

CEO Elon Musk has clarified the plans this week and now predicts that true level 5 autonomy is about 2 years away – though Tesla should still have advanced autonomous driving systems before that.

While Musk said that the “full self-driving capability” option on the second generation Autopilot will eventually enable level 5 autonomous driving, which means fully autonomous in any and all conditions, Tesla also specified that it is dependent on software validation and regulatory approval.

The best timeline he mentioned was based on a coast-to-coast demo drive from California to New York without the driver touching the wheel.

During his TED talk yesterday, Musk reiterated that this demo drive is still planned for 2017:

November or December of this year, we should be able to go from a parking lot in California to a parking lot in New York, no controls touched at any point during the entire journey.

But Musk also said that while the driver wouldn’t have to touch the controls, he doesn’t think that it would be at a level where someone could just fall asleep at the wheel. When asked when he thinks that will be, he said about 2 years away.

Read more: https://electrek.co/2017/04/29/elon-musk-tesla-plan-level-5-full-autonomous-driving/

Last edited:
•••
Self-DrivingCity

The Self-driving City

Self-driving vehicles will change the urban environment drastically. The Self-driving City Research uncovers insights into the major changes, and how to adopt to them. Who will use self driving vehicles, what are their effects on the urban fabric, business, and on us all, the people? We show patterns and lessons learnt as well as five local in-depth case studies. All freely available below. The project is funded by The Dutch Creative Industry Fund, supported with knowledge from local governments, universities and industries.

A breakthrough is near
All major car industries are developing self-driving cars. Self driving trucks, and other vehicles, are close. Start-ups appear with new prototypes. Uber and Google invest in pilot projects while European ministers cooperate in adaptation of the legal framework. But what is the contribution to society of all this? What are the people’s needs and requirements? And will these new transport solutions contribute to a sustainable city?

The selected trends, precedents and data of the research show that proven technology is still limited, but that we are near a breakthrough. Progress is being made by testing in different product combinations such as distribution, private cars, and bus services.

Read more: http://www.except.nl/en/projects/590-the-self-driving-city

•••
•••
SharedAutonomy

Tesla Network: Elon Musk elaborates on autonomous ride-sharing, says will eventually be cheaper than public transport

‘Tesla Network’, the automaker’s upcoming ride-sharing platform, is one of the most anticipated new services that Tesla plans to offer. It’s expected to be released with Tesla’s ‘Full Self-Driving’ update on second generation Autopilot cars.

CEO Elon Musk recently elaborated on his vision for Tesla’s autonomous ride-sharing future, which is likely to have a significant impact on its business.

Musk actually ties his vision of shared autonomy with his new tunnel boring project because he sees the advent of car-sharing with autonomous driving ultimately increasing traffic – and tunnels can alleviate that. He said during this interview at TED:

“A lot of people think that once you make cars autonomous that they’ll be able to go faster and that will alleviate congestion and to some degree that will be true. But once you have shared autonomy where it’s much cheaper to go by car. And you can go point to point. The affordability of going in a car will be better than that of a bus. Like, it would cost less than a bus ticket. So the amount of driving that will occur will be much greater with shared autonomy and actually, traffic will get far worse.”

Read more: https://electrek.co/2017/05/01/tesla-network-elon-musk-autonomous-ride-sharing-vision/

Last edited:
•••
GoAutonomy .c/o/m

AutoAutonomy
./c/o/m

AutonomousSharing ./c/o/m

Last edited:
•••
I currently own and are available on GoDaddy Premium Listing
AiDiscounts.com 1499
AiDiscounts.net 199
AiPartsSupply.com 1999
AiDiscounts.Biz Make offer

•••
self-drivingcar.co
self-drivingcars.co

•••
•••
Elon Musk's TED 2017 Full Interview

The serial entrepreneur took part in an engaging 40-minute interview with TED's Chris Anderson on Friday, April 28, 2017 at the TED 2017 conference in Vancouver. Here's Elon Musk talking about the Boring Company, SpaceX, Tesla, hyperloop, Donald Trump, and more.

•••
Soon! an auction
Elon Musk's TED 2017 Full Interview

The serial entrepreneur took part in an engaging 40-minute interview with TED's Chris Anderson on Friday, April 28, 2017 at the TED 2017 conference in Vancouver. Here's Elon Musk talking about the Boring Company, SpaceX, Tesla, hyperloop, Donald Trump, and more.

What a genius!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back