Dynadot

Auctions and Bido Votes

NameSilo
Watch
Hello - I'd appreciate a little advice from the more experienced members please.

I read through NP and a lot of people recommended using Bido as an auction platform for domains. So I signed up and added one domain (well, two actually ethical-banking.com and the .net).

The process on Bido appears to be that you won't got to auction unless members vote for you - but how do members every get to know that you're in the queue for votes? There seem to be a blizzard of names in the Vote list so mine has rapidly slipped off the home page. I understand the value of having a meritous auction system - and applaud it, but there must be tactics for being noticed in the voting stages.

Or is the reality that you in fact do have to pay Bido upfront for their credits and just put your domain into the auction?

I'm happy to go through the learning curve but leaving a name in oblivion for 30 days only to find that I have used the incorrect strategy doesn't seem all that bright.

Any advice from the older and wiser heads of NP? Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Greetings Hans,
As the platform, its our responsibility to ensure that we built a system where the inventory that is "In-Demand" gets voted in to auction.
We do that via our "Vote For Profits" system, and it's described here:
http://www.bido.com/VoteForProfits
The voters earn money when the items they voted for sell. So even though there is a constant of flow of new inventory going up for voting, don't worry about that. The format ensures that the good items get voted in. We are not finding that items that would have done well in auction are not being voted in. There are many aspects of this system that we have in place that allow us to provide all the proper balance. Voters are able to download the list, they are able to see in real time what other people are voting for (please open your Channel Ticker settings and enable "Votes placed" messages setting), they are able to sort the list a few ways to get various perspectives, and also remember that the first to vote earns the most, so there is great incentive for them to scour the list and pounce on the good items first.
Like you did, its important to share your inventory with people, so they can know about the offering and be able to place a pre-bid or vote for it. Look for your items in the Vote tab, each has a dedicated link you can send people to in order to vote. Marketing your items is always a good idea.
I hope this info helps and thanks for the opportunity to discuss. Best wishes with your inventory.
Regards,
Jarred

•••
Thanks for that Jarred

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back