NameSilo

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.
 
Last edited:
74
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I see a major problem with one of your listings, which is Lnvex and not invex (dot com). The logo says invex.
The logo says l

Hit the speak through button under the logo, it’s pronounced Linvex but spelt without the i

Some names listed on sh are not spelled the same way they are pronounced, so they included the speak through option

As for the logo, I agree it is a bit misleading, though I don’t have control over the logo design. I will identify this to SH support and see if they will redesign something

upload_2019-2-11_8-29-40.png
 
1
•••
Yes you need to use their landers. I specifically know this sale came through SH as it is a name I submitted to a contest and the contest holder chose it. Thanks

Perhaps. But anyway if you want to believe that there is a sufficient benefit to paying anyone 35% for a landing page that’s your choice. I guess UnDeveloped is no longer the most expensive escrow on the planet. SquadHelp just unearthed their crown by a large percentage. Because verifiably all SH is providing is a landing page and escrow service for...35%. The rest is possibly all unverifiable hype.

Until SH allows listing without using their landing pages we can’t even know if they have any organic activity in their marketplace or not.

Since they’ve apparently gotten to where they’re accepting most any domain
they accept almost everything. I can't have such great names!

and require exclusivity
Squadhelp has now made listings exclusive to their marketplace. You are not able to list at other marketplaces if listed at squadhelp. I’ll need to go through my list and remove from other marketplaces.

there will be no way to know if a given domain is getting exposure due to its name (landing page) or anything at all due to SH marketplace. Will be no way to compare. They really want to lock you in.
 
Last edited:
4
•••
Perhaps. But anyway if you want to believe that there is a sufficient benefit to paying anyone 35% for a landing page that’s your choice. I guess UnDeveloped is no longer the most expensive escrow on the planet. SquadHelp just unearthed their crown by a large percentage. Because verifiably all SH is providing is a landing page and escrow service for...35%. The rest is possibly all unverifiable hype.

Until SH allows listing without using their landing pages we can’t even know if they have any organic activity in their marketplace or not.

Since they’ve apparently gotten to where they’re accepting most any domain


and require exclusivity


there will be no way to know if a given domain is getting exposure due to its name (landing page) or anything at all due to SH marketplace. Will be no way to compare. They really want to lock you in.

I strongly disagree that all you get with SH is a lander. The communication with end users at your finger tips and the ability to submit your domains is a niche contest is paramount. Yes their commission is higher than BB but there’s no fee to list and theirs no fee for a logo creator so there commission overall is the same or less than BB in the end.
 
2
•••
Perhaps. But anyway if you want to believe that there is a sufficient benefit to paying anyone 35% for a landing page that’s your choice. I guess UnDeveloped is no longer the most expensive escrow on the planet. SquadHelp just unearthed their crown by a large percentage. Because verifiably all SH is providing is a landing page and escrow service for...35%. The rest is possibly all unverifiable hype.

Until SH allows listing without using their landing pages we can’t even know if they have any organic activity in their marketplace or not.

Since they’ve apparently gotten to where they’re accepting most any domain


and require exclusivity


there will be no way to know if a given domain is getting exposure due to its name (landing page) or anything at all due to SH marketplace. Will be no way to compare. They really want to lock you in.

As I recall, SquadHelp started out as a crowd sourcing platform through which companies or people may post contests for their naming and branding projects.

Then I guess they morphed into allowing selective domains to be sold on the website as well.

And now they are apparently allowing anyone who submits to list for sale, but requiring that you use their landing pages, and list exclusively with them. At a 35% fee.

To me, that progression speaks volumes. Good or bad progression, you have to decide for yourself.
 
Last edited:
6
•••
is it normal to get shortlisted so soon ? i just joined this week and have a few premiums shortlisted, some more than 1. also few in top 10% with flame icon.

just would prefer to know if its meh, versus super positive. thank you.

@JudgeMind :)
 
0
•••
Wait up a minute...
They accepted domain names that are NOT registered?
This is also normal at other domain selling sites?

THAT. IS. FREAKING. SICK.

For people to sell domains NOT registered!
 
0
•••
Wait up a minute...
They accepted domain names that are NOT registered?
This is also normal at other domain selling sites?

THAT. IS. FREAKING. SICK.

For people to sell domains NOT registered!

If they were smart they'd reg. them first to make sure it's still sale-able :)
 
0
•••
Thanks for the informative thread Judgemind, I guess the 1600+ plus NP views has created a bit of a surge to tryout their services.

I find that whole idea of acceptance of domains you haven't even registered very bazaar. I can just imagine.the "I've just listed a domain - And now it's been taken" complainers. Maybe it's just an oversight by them, otherwise their likely to end up with thousands of unregistered domains and then undermine their own service credibility. Even Sedo do their occasional checks
 
Last edited:
1
•••
I think some people missed the info but when you submit an unregistered domain they will give an option to choose: they register the domain and give 35% or you can register it and they give 65% if i remember
 
4
•••
I've used SquadHelp for a few months now and have had a great experience. I was skeptical as first if they were legit but won a contest and got paid out as promised. The team there (Jonathan, Grant, Janice and others) have been excellent to work with. Definitely recommend it!
 
3
•••
This is not a major issue, but I thought I should post at the chance they view and make the correction.

But when you submit any domain for any level of basic , basic plus or premium it essentially goes into a vortex of the " not for sale " matrix.

in that 48 hours approx if any end user types domain in url they get redirected to squadhelp marketplace with no view or mention of that said domain, and then if they even search it again in their search bar it only gives other domains for viewing.

again , not a huge problem, but not that great.
 
0
•••
You know everytime i click on websites, like any websites, i see squadhelp advertisement. Squadhelp is like everywhereeee i go looool. Very massive digital marketing strategy.
Pretty sure that only happens 'cause of cookies due to your being at their website. I've noticed the same thing. Not unique to them, of course.

Sorry, I guess @xeroox said this already, basically.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
It is a shame they do not allow contest entries for domains that are not on their own marketplace.

The frustrating thing for me has been seeing contests that end in a few days whereby I have a domain at another marketplace like Brandpa that would work perfectly.

Like there is a current contest for a brandable and unique name for kids and infants, and I would love to submit Kidla / com for example but I can't because it is at Brandpa.
 
4
•••
Their goal is to lock you in with an exclusive listing using their landing pages. Understandable.
 
2
•••
It is a shame they do not allow contest entries for domains that are not on their own marketplace.

The frustrating thing for me has been seeing contests that end in a few days whereby I have a domain at another marketplace like Brandpa that would work perfectly.

Like there is a current contest for a brandable and unique name for kids and infants, and I would love to submit Kidla / com for example but I can't because it is at Brandpa.


It depends on the contest holder.
Note: You are allowed to submit your premium domains from Squadhelp Marketplace to any naming contests. Unless explicitly mentioned in the brief, you are not allowed to submit any names listed on third party marketplaces or websites.
 
1
•••
Their goal is to lock you in with an exclusive listing using their landing pages. Understandable.

Yes it is understandable I guess.
 
0
•••
Edited:

Although the goal of my original post was to offer additional context about SH, as well as the evolution of marketplace, it ended up being too long - and included some aspects which are already covered in this page:

https://www.squadhelp.com/sell-domain-names

Thanks @JudgeMind for starting this thread, and to everyone else for participating.

I look forward to connecting with many of you - and if you have any suggestions for improvements, we welcome that feedback :)
 
Last edited:
6
•••
Copy Paste ? :)
 
0
•••
Summary would be here.
 
0
•••
@GrantP The real support from everyone here will come from members actually getting sales at SquadHelp. I've only been a seller on your platform for around 6 weeks, I have 96 listings and have been listing more daily. I like the direction SquadHelp is going and I think its a great place for investors to sell their brands. Some feedback I've gotten so far is that folks feel the commissions are very high. Though unlike brand bucket, I like that there is no logo fee paid if the name sells. Should squadhelp consider reducing their commission rates a bit to be competitive with other marketplaces, I think you'll find a lot of investors jumping ship from BB and BP to take advantage. Thank you for being part of this thread!
 
5
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back