Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.
 
Last edited:
74
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Looks interesting. What do you guys think about moving some domains from BB and BP to SH, good idea or not?
 
1
•••
Looks interesting. What do you guys think about moving some domains from BB and BP to SH, good idea or not?
I've just started checking SH, and my impressions are positive so far. But I won't move my BP names to SH, only a few brandable ones from Afternic. I'll try the non-registered domain submission as well.

By the way, I've submitted 6 domains, and 4 got accepted. The acceptance process is very fast, but it is a very tedious task to enter categories, keywords, description, etc. They could work a bit more on the UI.
 
10
•••
That p/in/sil.com designer is really creative. Great portfolio you have there. Thanks for sharing.
 
5
•••
I have only five domains there
 
4
•••
I have two new findings.

The first is that they accept almost everything. I can't have such great names! I've submitted 10 names, 6 has been accepted, 2 is still pending, 2 has been rejected.

The second is that while they are seemingly accepting the submission of unregistered domains, when I finally entered all data for that kind of submission (I wasted 2-3 minutes), I got a message that they were overwhelmed and they cannot accept the submission. Why can't they just make that button unclickable?
 
9
•••
I have two new findings.

The first is that they accept almost everything. I can't have such great names! I've submitted 10 names, 6 has been accepted, 2 is still pending, 2 has been rejected.

The second is that while they are seemingly accepting the submission of unregistered domains, when I finally entered all data for that kind of submission (I wasted 2-3 minutes), I got a message that they were overwhelmed and they cannot accept the submission. Why can't they just make that button unclickable?
I'm also facing same issue currently 500 names outstanding.
 
0
•••
I think some folks have abused the option to list unregistered domains and have been submitted huge lists hoping they will get approved. I hope squad help does away with the option
 
5
•••
@JudgeMind Thanks for sharing and starting this thread. I was about to start when I just found it. I have known this site for many years actually but never joined it until the end of last month. I submitted some names that where not listed anymore in other marketplaces and got them accepted. I have no sales with them yet, but the action on the names have been very big with a lot of shortlists and strong buyer interest.

The logos are not that good I know ,but for something free, they are very acceptable, and to request a redo, you have to pay for it. I believe soon it will have a lot of domains as they just opened VIP section for those with big portfolios who want to move all their names to them using their nameservers and of course they demand exclusivity.

Looking at the names they have in their marketplace , there are no names with BIG pricing, and also if you want to submit names in what they call under BASIC LISTING PLUS ( which allows you to submit names to contests), the maximum price you can set is 1799.

I noticed that most endusers there want available to hand reg names and are not after premium names as I checked many of the names that were chosen as contest winning. I have seen that many names also sit at pending sale, but I believe it remains like this when there is an installments deal agreed on.

A good thing about participating in contests is that you can actually win something even when the contest is abandoned as per their Award Distribution Policy.

Support is great specially Jade who is always available to answer all kinds of questions and solve all problems. Deni has also been pretty good.

The contests are very exciting and interesting and it appears there are many talented people participating. What I like most about the contests is that the CH normally is unpredictable, by that I mean, there has been times when I was expecting to get a certain name LIKED or LOVED while others I submitted I did not rate them that much due to them being madeups, but the madeup name gets the LIKE or LOVE. So you cannot easily expected what the CH might like.

Marking the name as sale pending is a great feature too and they still allow other potential buyers to inquire about it incase the sale doesnt go well.

All in all , SH seems to be fantastic and what I like the most is that like BrandPa (@Jowita Emberton ) you get to see how many times your name has been shortlisted by potential buyers.

@JudgeMind congrats on the sale, the name means Teacher in Arabic btw.
 
Last edited:
9
•••
Squadhelp is a very competitive marketplace.
They promote your names across all major marketing channels (e.g. Google, Facebook, Quora, Twitter). Squadhelp also makes a significantly higher marketing investment compared to any other Brandable domain marketplace or naming platform, which results in the most platform traffic in the industry.

I agreed that support is really great!
Installment plans also increase domain purchases, so its win win for domainers and the end user.
For now i have around 207 domains on Squadhelp marketplace, and succesfully sold 11 domains.
and i just sold 1 domain just yesterday! (y):happy:

Here some of my domains:
https://www.squadhelp.com/name/LeadAspire
https://www.squadhelp.com/name/SigniFin
https://www.squadhelp.com/name/Flairity
 
7
•••
Squadhelp is a very competitive marketplace.
They promote your names across all major marketing channels (e.g. Google, Facebook, Quora, Twitter). Squadhelp also makes a significantly higher marketing investment compared to any other Brandable domain marketplace or naming platform, which results in the most platform traffic in the industry.

I agreed that support is really great!
Installment plans also increase domain purchases, so its win win for domainers and the end user.
For now i have around 207 domains on Squadhelp marketplace, and succesfully sold 11 domains.
and i just sold 1 domain just yesterday! (y):happy:

Here some of my domains:
https://www.squadhelp.com/name/LeadAspire
https://www.squadhelp.com/name/SigniFin
https://www.squadhelp.com/name/Flairity

How long have you been with them and how long have you had 200 ish domains in their marketplace? Nice to hear you got 11 sales so far. Is that in one year?
 
1
•••
How long have you been with them and how long have you had 200 ish domains in their marketplace? Nice to hear you got 11 sales so far. Is that in one year?

11 domains thats in 2 years ( but really the domains was very few at first, actively and increase the domain list since 2018 ). I consider myself a bit late, others may sold 10 - 20 domains in a year, crazy!

You know everytime i click on websites, like any websites, i see squadhelp advertisement. Squadhelp is like everywhereeee i go looool. Very massive digital marketing strategy.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
11 domains thats in 2 years ( but really the domains was very few at first, actively and increase the domain list since 2018 ). I consider myself a bit late, others may sold 10 - 20 domains in a year, crazy!

You know everytime i click on websites, like any websites, i see squadhelp advertisement. Squadhelp is like everywhereeee i go looool. Very massive digital marketing strategy.
That's actually remarketing, when you land on their website you get retargeted everywhere, but they are really investing a lot of money for sure
 
2
•••
Looks interesting. What do you guys think about moving some domains from BB and BP to SH, good idea or not?
Move from BP not from BB,
 
0
•••
is it normal to get shortlisted so soon ? i just joined this week and have a few premiums shortlisted, some more than 1. also few in top 10% with flame icon.

just would prefer to know if its meh, versus super positive. thank you.
 
0
•••
is it normal to get shortlisted so soon ? i just joined this week and have a few premiums shortlisted, some more than 1. also few in top 10% with flame icon.

just would prefer to know if its meh, versus super positive. thank you.
I would also like to know more about this, as one of my domains was shortlisted 2 times in the last 2-3 days.
 
0
•••
For those of us on here who have sold domain names on SH Marketplace, kindly let us know how long it took you to complete a sale from date of it going live in SH Marketplace.
 
0
•••
After 4 weeks I’ve got my first sale through SQUADHELP. Pending completion of installments.

Mudaris (com)
$2299

78 domains listed

For this one mudaris when I enter the URL it goes to a SquadHelp landing page. So, to list at SH must park the domain with them?

If so how do you know your sale had anything to do with SH? and not just someone landing on your name.

Are all your SH “listed” domains parked with SH?

If you gotta use their landing pages then we’re back to the old UnDeveloped debate as to whether inquiries / sales have anything at all to do with a marketplace. In the case of UnDeveloped their marketplace itself has about zero traffic compared to say Afternic Sedo DomainAgents DynaDot marketplaces.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
I see a major problem with one of your listings, which is Lnvex and not invex (dot com). The logo says invex.
 
1
•••
The logo says l

Hit the speak through button under the logo, it’s pronounced Linvex but spelt without the i

Some names listed on sh are not spelled the same way they are pronounced, so they included the speak through option

As for the logo, I agree it is a bit misleading, though I don’t have control over the logo design. I will identify this to SH support and see if they will redesign something
 
Last edited:
0
•••
For this one mudaris when I enter the URL it goes to a SquadHelp landing page. So, to list at SH must park the domain with them?

If so how do you know your sale had anything to do with SH? and not just someone landing on your name.

Are all your SH “listed” domains parked with SH?

If you gotta use their landing pages then we’re back to the old UnDeveloped debate as to whether inquiries / sales have anything at all to do with a marketplace. In the case of UnDeveloped their marketplace itself has about zero traffic compared to say Afternic Sedo DomainAgents DynaDot marketplaces.
Yes you need to use their landers. I specifically know this sale came through SH as it is a name I submitted to a contest and the contest holder chose it. Thanks
 
1
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back