IT.COM

discuss Aspire for a 5 figure cash flow

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I have been analyzing my past few years in domaining with investment, flipping, outbound, sales and the cash flow that it generated. I recently realized that without a minimum 5 figure cash flow, it'd be just a hobby and not a business.
While the first year was nothing and no sales, the learning in that year was immense. The second and third years went well and I did 5 figures in outbound. The years after that have been slow as I had varied interests and involved myself in different work.
This year, I plan to do 5 figures in sales at least. Not one big sale but add up small ones to compound and reach those figures.

While the targets may vary for different people differently, I think a 5-figure income annually is minimum to distinguish this business from pursuing it only as a hobby.
What are your thoughts on this?

How do you keep the analytics of your cash flow and how are your targets coming along considering that we are almost half through this year?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My goal is to turn domain Investing into a real business. If it cannot pay my rent and bills and offer some leftovers for leisure… then It’s just a hobby to me. I have had years with just 4 figures and one year with 5 figure. Right now Sales have been dismal. It’s never been this dry before.

But I’m not disheartened… I feel more enlightened on what I want. I feel like I’m not just a domain seller… but I am interested in being an end-user myself for some names I own. I can’t let my money be in somebody else’s hand.. I have also started to market my names better. I still believe I will make 5 figure plus this year and a lot more… I've been getting inquiries and a few offers since I've started changing this up/evolving..
Sometimes challenges are meant to push you into greatness.

•••
My goal is to turn domain Investing into a real business. If it cannot pay my rent and bills and offer some leftovers for leisure… then It’s just a hobby to me. I have had years with just 4 figures and one year with 5 figure. Right now Sales have been dismal. It’s never been this dry before.

But I’m not disheartened… I feel more enlightened on what I want. I feel like I’m not just a domain seller… but I am interested in being an end-user myself for some names I own. I can’t let my money be in somebody else’s hand.. I have also started to market my names better. I still believe I will make 5 figure plus this year and a lot more… I've been getting inquiries and a few offers since I've started changing this up/evolving..
Sometimes challenges are meant to push you into greatness.

Well you know patience is the key in this business.
If you are not the aggressive outbound domineer, then investing in good domains and waiting for inbound enquiries could be the best thing to do.
It's pay off is usually slow but big!
Portfolio building is the key in this case

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back