Dynadot

domains AskMe.com closed in 2016, laid off 4,000 people, domain closes today at $95,000 on NameJet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
AskMe.com closed at $95,000 on NameJet on Wednesday. The domain was owned by Getit Infoservices Private Ltd. A company with an interesting backstory. The company based out of India closed up and laid off 4,000 people. LiveMint.com wrote: AskMe.com logs off operations, 4,000 employees lose their jobs. AskMe accuses its investor, Astro Entertainment Networks Ltd that owns 99% stake in the … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does this mean my .com domain

i'llAsk

Has value?

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
ah, backlinks then...

Not as many as you would think, in the article I linked to the Majestic.com profile.

I think it's a great call to action name, registered in close to 150 extensions.

•••
ask.me 20,000 USD 2008-11-11 T.R.A.F.F.I.C.

•••
Great name and has potential. Thanks for sharing.

•••
I remember this site, visited it so many times. I even used their dial services a long time back.

•••
I think the name is good. Probably worth the price? Time will tell when it sells again!

•••
100k for ask me. com is overpriced...

•••
•••
•••
Thanks for sharing story @equity78 Surprising how rapidly even a big online business can go under - in 2016 top 600 sites Alexa, then close operation same year.

The reasons they speculate for the failure in the Business Insider article are interesting reading, including lack of focus and inconsistent strategy.

It is a high price to pay for domain name as a reseller, but not many domain names available with that trust flow rating. And the name is pretty nice. I see it has a parked for sale page up now.

Bob

•••
Back