Dynadot

[Ask] What all we need if buy a domain name that currently owned by someone or sell it to someone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pelez

Established Member
Impact
according to the topic, i want to ask it, since i am beginner in the domain business,
how If we buy a domain name currently owned by someone not from third party domainers
-what we have to ask from seller ? do i have to ask his username and password that he used to manage the domain ?
-If domain was register under 60 days? is it possible to buy it?
-What is the best payment to reduce from fraud ?

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can buy a domain registered less than 60 days ago, but you cannot change registrar.
This means that you have to receive it into your account opened at the same registrar used by the seller.
This usually take place with what's called "free push", that means that you don't have to buy a buck to have the domain transferred to your (usually free) account.

Ways to push and receive pushes vary from registrars.
You never have to ask the seller's password anyway.
Your registrar usually have some kind of faq where it explains how to receive a push.

To reduce fraud I'd suggest you to use an escrow service.

Hope this might help any way ;)

•••
1) Ask if he's willing to sell it and at what price. Negotiation is key for both parties to be satisfied. Next, ensure that both are safe throughout the purchase by using an escrow service that will take the domain from them and the verify funds from you. Once that is done, the domain will be transferred to you and the funds released to them without concern.

2) Yes, it's possible to buy. It would require a registrar push (from one account to another at the same registrar). After an additional 60 days, you may transfer it to your registrar of choice.

3) Best payment method is an escrow service if you don't know who you're dealing with. I have a multitude of people I deal with that I trust funds from PayPal. However, that trust is earned through long standing business relationships as payments can be reversed. For all else, there's escrow.

Good luck :)

•••
thank you this is really help

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back