Dynadot

.ASIA Diamonds (crème de la crème)

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Post your .ASIA Diamonds here

The initial 60-day period will be over in a few days.

We have seen hundreds if not thousands of .ASIA domain names posted throughout various threads on NAMEPROS and DNF. Some have very little value and marketability; it has been indeed surprising to see such names regisitered during LANDRUSH and GOLIVE. Many of us have been hit with .ASIA domain fever and, as a result, a large quantity of names have been registered to date, including all recent and up and coming auctions.

To filter through this overflowing volcano of names, this thread is dedicated to the .ASIA DIAMONDS - The names that you consider being your best registrations / auction wins over the past few weeks.

Only quality names allowed - max 2-3 key words.
Max. 12 names per post. Feedback on names always appreciated and valued by all parties.

I will start:

- Nobody.asia
- Unleaded.asia
- Uploader.asia
- HotelServices.asia
- FundWatch.asia
- CheapGas.asia
- Tsubasa.asia
- Ashanti.asia
- MediaPlayers.asia
- FreeClassifiedAds.asia
- GoPhone.asia
- ForexTraders.asia (www)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
My Best (In Order)

1. Remixed.asia

2. Skeptic.asia

3. Scents.asia

•••
Call me crazy but I'm no seeing any diamonds in this thread. Personally, I have a half a dozen .asia names and I don't think they are better than some of these names, but they are not diamonds, so I won't post them here.

•••
zero_haze_au said:
My Best (In Order)

1. Remixed.asia

2. Skeptic.asia

3. Scents.asia

Scents.asia is the best i have seen yet. That is a 'diamond' in my book. VERY generic - if i was a big perfume company i would definately be interested in that, especially in redirecting to my existing main site. I would put that at the top of your list, dude.

•••
•••
Ok let's see.

XXII[.]asia (next century)

ProSoccer[.]asia (soccer fever is growing at an incredible rate in the asian continent)

F12[.]asia (multiple possible uses)

10th[.]asia (multiple possible uses)

9mm[.]asia (gun caliber, 9 milimeters or other uses)

Got a few more but this ones are cool IMO.

Comments welcome.

Last edited:
•••
people do you seriously believe anyone is gonna pay ANYTHING for your "diamonds"? no seriously, ask yourself now

•••
vitalir said:
people do you seriously believe anyone is gonna pay ANYTHING for your "diamonds"? no seriously, ask yourself now

mmm...yeah, some of these really are questionable. I dont think people did their homework on a lot of these names e.g. were they taken in ALL other (major) extensions? Did they have high wordtracker, PPC scores etc in Estibot? Did they get lots of Google results? Are they brandable, generic keywords or easy to develop? What was the value for the .eu counterpart (in Estibot)? C'mon guys, at least do due diligence on the names before regging.

•••
scriptfordali said:
mmm...yeah, some of these really are questionable. I dont think people did their homework on a lot of these names e.g. were they taken in ALL other (major) extensions? Did they have high wordtracker, PPC scores etc in Estibot? Did they get lots of Google results? Are they brandable, generic keywords or easy to develop? What was the value for the .eu counterpart (in Estibot)? C'mon guys, at least do due diligence on the names before regging.

yeah me and a bunch of guys from work laugh at some of the developed ones....

•••
slapman said:
yeah me and a bunch of guys from work laugh at some of the developed ones....

such as?

•••
dogsupplies.asia

slapman said:
YGTBKM... D-:

Yes, I thought the same thing - I'd rather have dogrecipes.asia, that would be worth a lot more in Vietnam or Cambodia ;)

•••
klrsmith said:
dogsupplies.asia

Yes, I thought the same thing - I'd rather have dogrecipes.asia, that would be worth a lot more in Vietnam or Cambodia ;)

Lol so true )

Back to the origial topic, I've got recently:

Tempus[.]asia (Time in latin, all TLDs taken, tempus.com estibot appraisal over the 8k)

Trabaja[.]asia (Work in spanish, this one oriented to spanish speaker ppl that want/need to work in asia - as a side note, spanish is considered the 2nd most used language in the world [i thought was chinese mandarin but looks like is not] and happen to be my first language - Estibot .com version appraisal over 6k - Major TLDs taken)

ProTeam[.]asia (Major TLDs taken, .net being offered for 10k - Estibot .com version appraised over 14k)

ProStock[.]asia (Major TLDs taken - Estibot .com appraisal over 15k - Stock fever hitting hard in Asia, stock considered one of the top Googled terms in china)

Comments or critics welcome, just be constructive with any of them...

Eth.

•••
etherloth said:
Lol so true )

Tempus[.]asia (Time in latin, all TLDs taken, tempus.com estibot appraisal over the 8k)

Trabaja[.]asia (Work in spanish, this one oriented to spanish speaker ppl that want/need to work in asia - as a side note, spanish is considered the 2nd most used language in the world [i thought was chinese mandarin but looks like is not] and happen to be my first language - Estibot .com version appraisal over 6k - Major TLDs taken)

ProTeam[.]asia (Major TLDs taken, .net being offered for 10k - Estibot .com version appraised over 14k)

ProStock[.]asia (Major TLDs taken - Estibot .com appraisal over 15k - Stock fever hitting hard in Asia, stock considered one of the top Googled terms in china)

Eth.

mmm..not sure, dude, just my opinion, but surely it should relate to asia in some way? Latin? Spanish? Not trying to get you down, just not so sure those are really great names for this extn. Of course, i really do hope im wrong :|

•••
etherloth said:
Lol so true )

Eth.

You really shouldn't base all your purchases on Estibot's estimated value :imho:

•••
lzy said:
You really shouldn't base all your purchases on Estibot's estimated value :imho:

Of course i do not, take that just as comments, i could not care less about what estibot says when it comes to purchase domains.

IMO.

scriptfordali said:
mmm..not sure, dude, just my opinion, but surely it should relate to asia in some way? Latin? Spanish? Not trying to get you down, just not so sure those are really great names for this extn. Of course, i really do hope im wrong

I do not feel at all the need to register domains that have to do with asia in a geographic way or something for ALL the cases, let's put it this way. English is the most used language in the planet, so my idea is to find concepts that can be used in a GLOBAL way, not related specifically to the asia (in some cases yes i do, but not always).

My feel tells me that .asia will be the second or third most important domain extension in a few years, again the general trend of opinions (flames inc ! Let them come, np) so, if i am wrong, i will loose a few hundreds at max, if i am not, i will earn thousands.

Not so bad business i think.

Its my opinion, like it, hate it, but respect it. (Talking in general mode, not directly to you scriptfordali)

Eth.

•••
etherloth said:
Of course i do not, take that just as comments, i could not care less about what estibot says when it comes to purchase domains.

IMO.

I do not feel at all the need to register domains that have to do with asia in a geographic way or something for ALL the cases, let's put it this way. English is the most used language in the planet, so my idea is to find concepts that can be used in a GLOBAL way, not related specifically to the asia (in some cases yes i do, but not always).

My feel tells me that .asia will be the second or third most important domain extension in a few years, again the general trend of opinions (flames inc ! Let them come, np) so, if i am wrong, i will loose a few hundreds at max, if i am not, i will earn thousands.

Not so bad business i think.

Its my opinion, like it, hate it, but respect it. (Talking in general mode, not directly to you scriptfordali)

Eth.

No, well said, Etherloth. I agree with that. If we are wrong then we lose a few hundred bucks, but if it does do well then we also do well. It was always a high risk investment (.asia) but i think all domaining is to a degree. Even the mighty dot com, unless you happen to have a generic keyword name.

Personally i think dot asia may do ok, but generally i would base it on .eu - both are very similar imho. People diss .eu but i have seen some pretty decent x,xxx sales in .eu for names i thought were pretty ordinary, so who knows?

•••
Congratulations to all of you that have recognised the importance of Asian Markets. That is a major step and frankly one that the so called leaders of industry have tripped over in the most undignified manner. Well done all.

The problem is that by and large the development of stratagies and the implementation is generally little more than pathetic. If you think you can just take what succeeds in dot Com, then delete that extension and supplant it with dot Asia, then you are a complete loser. What is need is market research. The kind of research that attempt to get in to Psyche of your target market(s). The first thing is that you should realise that you are not dealing with a single market or culture and the market needs to segmented before you can target it effectively. Beyond that you need to make things accessible to those that you are trying to target rather than just telling them how it is going to be.

•••
etherloth said:
My feel tells me that .asia will be the second or third most important domain extension in a few years

Yeah - same told me my feelings of .eu: c'mon! - second largest economy in the world - should become big! Where is .eu now?

•••
vitalir said:
Yeah - same told me my feelings of .eu: c'mon! - second largest economy in the world - should become big! Where is .eu now?

Well, looking at the latest .eu sales, id say its doing ok ;)

Id be happy to make 1-2K back on a $20 investment

•••
Jeff said:
I see very little value in the domains posted thus far, and in the ".ASIA" extension as a whole IMHO. :o

Best of Luck.
-Jeff B-)

Agree, even if the extension does take off I can't see many of the names listed having much value.

•••
These names are all horrible...... you guys all made the .Asia registry richer... congrats

invest in idns....

•••
isms.asia , my best at the moment, had some offers via an another forum.

Good luck for all your auctions.

•••
scriptfordali said:
Well, looking at the latest .eu sales, id say its doing ok ;)

Id be happy to make 1-2K back on a $20 investment

you could not get anything any close to "good" for this sort of money for .eu

•••
vitalir said:

Becouse your feeling was wrong, do not generalize it to the rest of us.

I am not happy for your lack of profit with the .EUs, believe me, but it wouldnt be logic to apply that kind of "rule" to the rest of the extensions, specially on a field that is as young as it is the domaining where nothing is written and established yet so far. Tomorrow .asia can be a boom, or a total failure, who knows, you followed your instinct and i applaude you for that, do not flame me for let mine guide me.

In the end is the luck of every person, i am sure that a lot of people would laugh their ass off at the poor guy that with 20$ yearly adquired pizza.com, who the hell would like to sell pizzas thru internet ! (back in the '94) Look at the guy now, just 2.4M $ or so richer than us.

So, the moral is, do whatever you feel like doing if you do not harm others in the process, if you can support the decisions with a previous market research, knowledge and experience if you got it, then you are in the correct track i a high percentage. If not, u better be lucky. But of course it can happen.

Uh, this became too philosophic :)

Take care all.

Eth.

•••
etherloth said:
In the end is the luck of every person, i am sure that a lot of people would laugh their ass off at the poor guy that with 20$ yearly adquired pizza.com, who the hell would like to sell pizzas thru internet ! (back in the '94) Look at the guy now, just 2.4M $ or so richer than us.
Well the difference is that pizza is a premium single keyword. Also, we've got something that the registrant didn't have back then: experience and market knowledge.

I'm sorry to say that so far I do not see a lot of good single keywords here, that could qualify as crème de la crème/premium/investment-grade :guilty:
It's not entirely the fault of domainers as the registry hoarded the valuable keywords for auctions like the mobi registry before, nonetheless lack of research ultimately amounts to money flushed downed the drain - plain and simple. With names like sarajevo.asia it's not just the extension that sucks, domainers register names without any research whatsoever, as if they were dealing with lottery scratch-off tickets :red:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back