IT.COM

poll As a buyer on a scale of 0 to 10 how important is the value assigned by an automated appraisal

NameSilo
Watch

As a buyer on a scale of 0 to 10 how important is the value assigned by an automated appraisal

• 1st

votes
    48.4%
  • 2nd

votes
    10.7%
  • 3rd

votes
    8.8%
  • 4th

votes
    7.5%
  • 5th

votes
    6.9%
  • 6th

votes
    4.4%
  • 7th (tie)

votes
    3.8%
  • 7th (tie)

votes
    3.8%
  • 7th (tie)

votes
    3.8%
  • 8th

votes
    1.3%
  • 9th

vote
    0.6%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Estibot and GoDaddy are the two dominant forces in the automated appraisal space, there are some other players in the game as well. No matter which service is providing the value, how much weight do you give to these services when making a purchase?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For example, you're not going to see bad domains when the estimated GD value is over 2.5k and we're in .com.
Available right now as a GD Closeout:

Bet-viper.com

GD value: $3,793

•••
Available right now as a GD Closeout:

Bet-viper.com

GD value: $3,793

LOL okay you proved me wrong. That domain is bad. There's always exceptions to any rule tho ^_^

•••
LOL okay you proved me wrong. That domain is bad. There's always exceptions to any rule tho ^_^
Indeed. Only I find that there are lots and lots and lots of exceptions in this case!

•••
•••
Definitely 0.

And I echo the sentiments by peak.domains

Mentioning software appraisals as a buyer or seller is not a good idea IMHO.

Sharing comparable sales to support yourself as a buyer or a seller!?

Now that is more professional and more accurate for all parties involved.

Last edited:
•••
Definitely 0.

And I echo the sentiments by peak.domains

Mentioning software appraisals as a buyer or seller is not a good idea IMHO.

Sharing comparable sales to support yourself as a buyer or a seller!?

Now that is more professional and more accurate for all parties involved.

Comps are great, but how do you propose I sell PlanToGrow.com off of comps? I sold PlanToGrow.com for $24,500 in March. RoomToGrow.com is in the comps and undersold at $2,500. That domain was basically stolen in that deal and the domain should have sold at $50k plus. So how do you legitimately compare something like that with comps? You can't. Especially if you are extracting the most value from your domains and many of the comps are not.

Domain valuations should foremost be a tool for the buyer and in the future, they will be. The poll is about buyers, but 99% of us are not REAL buyers for an actual business. We are domain investors and a very select few of us purchase names for over $10,000. But did you know there are designers, that make a living off of charging $20,000+ for logos. Artwork.

As professionals in the industry, wouldn't it create a better experience for the buyer to have an appraisal on the "For Sale" page that actually worked? If we are selling a domain and it is listed at $45,000, and next to it there is an appraisal that accurately showed an estimated price of around $50,000, wouldn't that be beneficial to both us and the buyer?

The buyer's of Big Ticket items have Psychological Barriers that we need to overcome. These are overcome by reducing risk, increasing trust, and providing them unbiased information that helps to validate their purchase decision.

If you look at the page below from your buyer's perspective, I think it would be hard to deny that your customer's experience and buying process would not be improved with the appraisal included in the page.

Honestly ask yourself a few questions:
  • Would the appraisal below help your customer feel less risk?
  • Would the appraisal below improve your customer's trust in your price?
  • Does the appraisal provide information that helps validate their purchase decision?

upload_2020-5-18_0-5-25.png

If you answered yes to any one of the questions above, this helps to remove the Psychological Barriers that exists for every buyer in high-ticket purchases. Removing Psychological Barriers equals higher sales for you and I.

You can see this in articles regarding the Psychology of High Ticket purchases:

upload_2020-5-18_1-1-32.png

upload_2020-5-18_1-2-1.png

upload_2020-5-18_1-2-11.png

Source:
https://sitetuners.com/blog/leveraging-psychology-to-remove-barriers-to-high-ticket-conversions/
https://marketingland.com/increase-conversions-big-ticket-items-121551

Last edited:
•••
Estibot and GoDaddy are the two dominant forces in the automated appraisal space, there are some other players in the game as well. No matter which service is providing the value, how much weight do you give to these services when making a purchase?
I rated 4 out of 10 as the bot valuation just gives you an idea, ofcourse not even close to the real picture. I like Godaddy's appraisal tool as I think that is the only one available with some genuine stats, as of now. I have also been a paying member of Estibot in the past, although the reasoning of their valuation was unreasonable at times. But overall, I believe its the need of the buyer that decides the value of your domain, no bot can evenly justify that.

•••
I rated 4 out of 10 as the bot valuation just gives you an idea, ofcourse not even close to the real picture. I like Godaddy's appraisal tool as I think that is the only one available with some genuine stats, as of now. I have also been a paying member of Estibot in the past, although the reasoning of their valuation was unreasonable at times. But overall, I believe its the need of the buyer that decides the value of your domain, no bot can evenly justify that.
* Also, would like to mention the Estibot Support, it was awesome whenever needed. P.S. I am no where associated or affiliated with them, but just sharing my customer experience.

•••
Zero for me. Domain alone...Value depends on the market / topic and extensions imo. Existing or prior presence is another issue. GD clearly fails with zoom (us) and even though estibot is low $xxx,xxx there is no way that would be it's worth.

•••
0 , I hope they will think like human in future.

•••
Dont let the machine do the thinking for you.

•••
0 Wins by a wide margin, thanks for voting.

•••
I would say 0, no machine is better than us.. I think that the best appraisal tool is experience, there's no other, BUT, for some reason people always care about what a machine says, so, if you use automated appraisal tools with intelligence, they can also give you good results.

•••
As a buyer, I don't rely on the tools to help me decide. But I will use the tool if the appraisal is low and in my favor for negotiation.

When making a sale I will use them if they work in my favor (i.e. high appraisal). The thing I like most about the GoDaddy tool is the comparable sales. Sometimes I use them in my negotiations (when it favors me as a seller).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back