IT.COM

Art of finding a good name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xn--v4h.com

Emoji domains at Punycode.comEstablished Member
Impact
Ok there are times when I immediately know that the domain I picked was flat out awful (Chinomenal) but there are times I think it's still a great name and nobody seems to think so. For example I thought the term computer gofer is a great name for a business but few I asked thought so. Ugh it's quite an art!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need to qualify "good"

Good for traffic volume
Good for resale
Good for site promotion
Good for political emphasis
Good for generating high value leads
Good for qualifying traffic
Good for investment

etc. etc.

•••
Resale but many of the other aspects too

•••
When it comes to brandable domains, you can't find a domain name where everyone likes. It's a matter of preference. You might think computer gofer is a good name for a business, but are you sure that there will be a business that would want to have that name? Registering such domains is more like gambling than domaining.

•••
At the moment I'm looking for traffic names, and if I posted them, people would rank them as sub-pigeon poo. The target is for them to earn 50x acquisition cost over a year. In fact it will probably be 3-6 months, so expect them if the freeby section here next year. :)

•••
You need to qualify "good"

Good for traffic volume
Good for resale
Good for site promotion
Good for political emphasis
Good for generating high value leads
Good for qualifying traffic
Good for investment

etc. etc.

Good point!!

•••
When it comes to brandable domains, you can't find a domain name where everyone likes. It's a matter of preference

Yes, but there are some types of names that sell and some that never will.

•••
If you registered it, then there is at least one person who liked it. :)
If you picked it off a drop list, then that's two people.

•••

Correct, and it's your job to find out which domain has a higher chance of selling. slapping two words together hoping there will be a seller somewhere isn't a wise thinking if you ask me. But hey, that's just my opinion.

•••
If you look at the mania surrounding Trump's fat finger domain name, then you will realise that anything can be sold.

Last edited:
•••
If you look at the mania surrounding Trump's fat finger domain name, then you will realise that anything can be sold.
Can't argue with that. Hell my chinomenal looks much better than covfefe

•••
If you registered it, then there is at least one person who liked it. :)
If you picked it off a drop list, then that's two people.
Lmao. You nail it bro

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back