domains Aron Meystedt turned down $1.5 million for XF.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
RealClearLife.com is out today with an article, "Navigating the Mysterious, Invisible World of Domain Name Auctions" The article focuses on Heritage Auctions and the man running the domain division, Symbolics.com owner Aron Meystedt (@XF.com). In the article which was published on the 32 year anniversary of Symbolics.com, Aron's XF Investments was mentioned. The article mentions that Aron turned down $1.5 … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That may never happen again so was it a wise move?

•••
I believe if Aron was concerned about loosing a $1M+ offer on this domain, he would have taken it. He has a couple strong domains, and knows what he's doing.

geez, so many armchair quarterback domainers, knowing what others 'should or shouldn't do' with their domain names. :rolleyes:

•••
Turning down a 1.5 M USD offer is OK

Unilever
turned down Kraft Heinz's 143 B USD offer*
*not a domain offer, but a top example of a really high 'offer turn down'

I will turn down @ least 99.9 % of the offers I will get for my 63 character / 21 times 'top' / TLD .top toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top domain - no matter how high they will be.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Turning down a 1.5 M USD offer is OK

Unilever
turned down Kraft Heinz's 143 B USD offer*
*not a domain offer, but a top example of a really high 'offer turn down'

I will turn down @ least 99.9 % of the offers I will get for my 63 character / 21 times 'top' / TLD .top toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top domain - no matter how high they will be.

No offense (really), but have you received any offer for that domain?

•••
No problem (really) to ask that, the answer is: YES
If you visit SEDO's offerpage of it, you will currently see 2 offers.
You are welcome to make offer Nr. 3 + if you want try to buy it - maybe your offer will be high enough (to be honest - I don't think so, but I / you can't know it until you have submit it).

Also every other one is welcome to make his / her bid/s of course.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I am one of the few who got him the $1.5M offer ;)
I see.
There are not many who (can) make bids in this height.
So, because your bid was rejected - will you ever make a higher bid?
Or was 1.5 M USD your limit for this one?
And why you want get exactly this domain?

Of course I could understand if you will not answer my question/s but I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
•••
I see.
There are not many who (can) make bids in this height.
So, because your bid was rejected - will you ever make a higher bid?
Or was 1.5 M USD your limit for this one?
And why you want get exactly this domain?

Of course I could understand if you will not answer my question/s but I would appreciate it.

It was not my bid ... It was a friend ... We started off at $1,000,000 which was declined so they pushed to $1,500,000 ...

If you want to hear the whole story, message me privately ;)

•••
It was not my bid ... It was a friend ... We started off at $1,000,000 which was declined so they pushed to $1,500,000 ...

If you want to hear the whole story, message me privately ;)
I see, thx.
So it seems that it is 'still a thrill'.

On the other side we can read at xf.com /menu / our domains, that the owner isn't directly interested in a sale - at least not in an active sale:

"It is not our business model to sell our domain names.
Therefore, our names are not actively for sale."

But - and that's my conviction - with the right amount of money you can buy every domain.
Even
google.com, facebook.com, twitter.com, youtube.com and sedo.com - yes, I am 100 % sure!

And because 'every' means 'every', you can (if you can) even buy my
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top
with the right bid / amount of money - although it is (with reason) the most expensive domain of all time.

Last edited:
•••
I see, thx.
So it seems that it is 'still a thrill'.

On the other side we can read at xf.com /menu / our domains, that the owner isn't directly interested in a sale - at least not in an active sale:

"It is not our business model to sell our domain names.
Therefore, our names are not actively for sale."

But - and that's my conviction - with the right amount of money you can buy every domain.
Even
google.com, facebook.com, twitter.com, youtube.com and sedo.com - yes, I am 100 % sure!

And because 'every' means 'every', you can (if you can) even buy my
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top
with the right bid / amount of money - although it is (with reason) the most expensive domain of all time.

Google.com would not sell just their name ;) it would have to be the business and considering they did $36,000,000,000 in Adsense revenue last year, were probably discussing a $500,000,000,000 evaluation ... No one has the guts to buy companies that high ;) hahahah

LinkedIn and whatsapp all sold around $20B ... Can you imagine
$500,000,000,000 B USD ...

Crazy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
•••
See what you started.
The trick is to not encourage him.
Now the thread is all about him promoting.....

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
Google.com would not sell just their name ;) it would have to be the business and considering they did $36,000,000,000 in Adsense revenue last year, were probably discussing a $500,000,000,000 evaluation ... No one has the guts to buy companies that high ;) hahahah

LinkedIn and whatsapp all sold around $20B ... Can you imagine
$500,000,000,000 B USD ...

Crazy
Yes, crazy idea - but not impossible.
The way to the goal can be long - but as we know, where is a will, there is a way.

In this examply, if the only way to get the domain google.com would be to buy the whole Google company, then this is the way.
So, someone who has the will* and the money to get / own this domain, s/he simply will buy the whole company - just to get the domain as an included part of his purchase.

* someone who has the will, has the gut

Then, after owning the whole company (including the domain), s/he simply has to discard the company completely from the the domain.
If s/he does not want to dissolve the remaining company, s/he simply can rebrand it with a new name / domain and if s/he don't want to run her / his new company (former Google) s/he simply can sell it.

Nowww s/he has reached her / his goal - s/he owns the domain google.com whithout any redundant parts.
S/he now owns only the domain google.com and s/he can use it now for her / his own big or small projects or he can offer it for sale via Sedo or here @ namePros if s/he won't let it expire.

But the real question is:
What is the appeal of getting / owning a domain (without the company) called google.com while knowing that there exists a domain called xf.com or even a domain called toptoptop... ...top.top knowing that this one is the highest domain in the www because it is not possible to top it?

Last edited:
•••
See what you started.

Peace,
Cyberian
Again! :xf.smile:

•••
See what you started.

Peace,
Cyberian

Sir, I don't need encouragements - I have a goal.

His question was fully entitled because it's indeed not easy to get bids for that final (!) domain, after all it is the most expensive domain of all time and therefore we can assume that it will primarely motivate some of the rare UHNWIs* to make bid/s.

It's not surprising that threads about highly attractive domains like xf.com will generate attention / replys from domain owners like me which are dealing with the highest domain/s like I do.

Every of my posts here will also generate attention to xf.com at the end - and so I don't see the reason to criticise my participation method - I mean, it's a domaining forum.
In this sense, I fully understand that you are participating too - allthough I don't get the point of your contribution (above).

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_high-net-worth_individual

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back