Dynadot

Are your domain names listed in your will?

NameSilo
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
I have a legally-binding last will and testament document purchased from a stationery store for $ 30. This document includes a list of all my 60 or so domain names and upwards of 30 linked websites. This list includes renewal dates and account access / passwords. It's clearly stated only to be used in the event of my death and with a valid death certificate from a U.K.-registered registrar following a report to the coroner. Most of the domain names are not of high value as stand-alone-domains to the reseller market. However the revenue from the attached websites does have a specific monetary value which is paid to me in regular installments. Does anybody else have their domain names (and attached websites) listed in their wills? Are there any specific I.C.A.N.N. rules relating to death of a registrant and wills? Should I get the document double-checked by a lawyer? Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have a legally-binding last will and testament document purchased from a stationery store for $ 30. This document includes a list of all my 60 or so domain names and upwards of 30 linked websites. This list includes renewal dates and account access / passwords. It's clearly stated only to be used in the event of my death and with a valid death certificate from a U.K.-registered registrar following a report to the coroner. Most of the domain names are not of high value as stand-alone-domains to the reseller market. However the revenue from the attached websites does have a specific monetary value which is paid to me in regular installments. Does anybody else have their domain names (and attached websites) listed in their wills? Are there any specific I.C.A.N.N. rules relating to death of a registrant and wills? Should I get the document double-checked by a lawyer? Cheers.

hi. once we complete such document.. where is it best to keep it or.store.it? so its visible.yet hidden

•••
hi. once we complete such document.. where is it best to keep it or.store.it? so its visible.yet hidden
In the Will, you have to choose executors for your estate.

The solicitors have an interest in becoming executors as it earns them a percent of your estate. If you don't choose them as executors, you may still be able to store the Will with the solicitors for a higher than usual fee, otherwise, you can store in your own house in a safe, bank safe, or with HM Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) for £20 fee (i think).

Imo the best is to store in your house, safe, or with HM Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS). I think you can be open about who you are passing your estate to!

•••
I'm not going to share this information publicly but I have come up with a solution.

•••
yeah bid for it again...all the best

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back