IT.COM

discuss Are you making money on your drops?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Following a process in any business always comes in handy. If you are in the domain investing business, here is a way to make money on your drops:

1. Invest in good extensions and decent names
  2. List all your names on all the platforms possible
  3. Sometimes different pricing on different platforms help
  4. For whatever doesn't sell and you are planning to drop, plan at least 2 months in advance before the expiry date
  5. List your names on NameLiquidate with Dutch auction
  6. If it sells, good. If not, list it on NamePros for fixed price + bulk pricing
  7. If fixed price also doesn't sell, auction the name starting $1

Following this method, you could make at least the reg fee back on some names (if they are not too bad). Just by doing this, you could make some money that could be put back and get you that one name that sells and could be your upward spiral.

As they say, 'One man's trash is another man's treasure'.

Do you do this? If you do, well and good. If you do something better, pls share your thoughts and strategies.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NICE, How can i drooping domain to reg some good domain

•••
It isn't a drop if you don't drop them how about applying same format from day one then repeat.

•••
I don't liquidate drops.
Too much time and hassle for a few dollars.
Besides, I have sold 2 names during grace delete for full BIN which made up for all the potential $10s I didn't make.

Value your time.

•••
If I decide to drop a domain, I just drop it.

It is not worth the time and effort to me to chase a few bucks.

Brad

•••
I don't liquidate drops.
Besides, I have sold 2 names during grace delete for full BIN which made up for all the potential $10s I didn't make.

Value your time.

Indeed. I'm surprised you even let names expire with 50K profit each month.

•••
Indeed. I'm surprised you even let names expire with 50K profit each month.
It is not 50K profit.
And I am continuously fine tuning my portfolio and shedding fat every week. Plus I am a much better buyer today than I was 12 months ago. I always assess if there is a better place to deploy my $10-30 renewal.

•••
I don't liquidate drops.

Value your time.
Fair point. A lot of people don't do it for the sale reason. But those who have big portfolios sometimes gain a lot.
It is not 50K profit.
And I am continuously fine tuning my portfolio and shedding fat every week. Plus I am a much better buyer today than I was 12 months ago. I always assess if there is a better place to deploy my $10-30 renewal.
I think that's a fair point! I appreciate the confidence that you boast and it is inspiring.

•••
Indeed. I think blogspotter is the most successful part-time domainer based on what I have read here. Are you still part timer after earning 50K monthly selling domains btw?

•••
Indeed. I think blogspotter is the most successful part-time domainer based on what I have read here. Are you still part timer after earning 50K monthly selling domains btw?

I don't think domaining will ever be my sold business. Right now I am looking at ways to cut down my time instead of increasing if that is what you mean, by buying more and more premiums names.
But you never know haha. All the things about DOmaining are really addicting. A surprise BIN sale, Winning an auction for cheap because the second bidder blinked in the last minute, Finding myself as the sold person backordering a domain etc etc

•••
NICE, How can i drooping domain to reg some good domain
Dropping domains means not renewing them and letting the expire. Registering 'good' domains is a relative. What you think is good to you might not be good to others, vice versa.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back