Domain Empire

discuss Are two-word brandables the next big thing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been seeing a surge in interest for 2-word brandables.

Are they the next solid investment/Goldmine?

What makes a good two word brandable?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@stub @equity78- GoodFood.com...may not rhyme, but 2 word brandables don't depend on rhyming..even poems don't have to always rhyme to be called a poem.. If the two words make sense together and have a idea to it. then it can be branded. Examples of similar names are: GoodReads.com & GoodEats.com..
Goodfood and GoodEats can be branded in similar ways...One google search of good eats would give you all the ideas..Good food is also a cable channel and BBC has a site dedicated to those exact terms together.

•••
Agreed it is why colors work well and a lot of people use them, BlueHippo, RedEnvelope etc... Then there are major brands who use a generic one word for something other than the generic meaning,

Mango - Fashion
Amazon - Books, ecommerce
Apple - computers

I think animals are popular too, SmartShark - MailChimp - Red Dog

SuperSeats.com works well for a company selling tickets online. They paid $48,888.
Couldn't agree more.

•••
Maybe it not senility but where you live, here in the U.S. good does not rhyme with food

As anyone who’s ever tried to learn the language knows, English is full of contradictions and inconsistencies.

Why does four rhyme with store, but not hour?

Why don’t blood, food and good rhyme, yet blue, crew, through and moo sound the same?

Toronto artist and musician Mitchell Moffit rhymes off a long list of these maddening quirks in his latest video for AsapTHOUGHT, reciting excerpts from classic texts by Richard Lederer and Richard Krogh highlighting the baffling rules that govern our language.

Moffit is also the co-creator of AsapSCIENCE, a popular YouTube channel dedicated to explaining fascinating facts about our world.

As for the reason why English has so many confusing words — well, our modern language has roots in German, Latin and French, which creates contradictory pronunciations and spellings.

Dear teacher and friends,
I have a question about the pronunciation of food and good.
/fu:d/ vs /gʊd/
Why _ood of food is pronounced u: and _ood of good is pronounced ʊ?

There is no system at all. You just have to learn each word as it comes

/u:/ - food, boot, cool, google, moon
/ʊ/ - look, good, wool, foot

I'm British, although not Scots, where good rhymes with food all day long. As well as in other parts of the UK too. But having resolved that, I still maintain, that GoodFood.com is first and foremost an EMT not a brandable. The fact that you can turn it into a brandable also makes all my 2 word domains brandable (well maybe not all, but most of them), by the same definition :) Look at your own one word examples like Amazon and Apple. DogHouse.com (not one of mine) is just like GoodFood.com, and EMT which is capable of being branded.

Last edited:
•••
I'm British, although not Scots, where good rhymes with food all day long. As well as in other parts of the UK too. But having resolved that, I still maintain, that GoodFood.com is first and foremost an EMT not a brandable. The fact that you can turn it into a brandable also makes all my 2 word domains brandable (well maybe not all, but most of them), by the same definition :) Look at your own one word examples like Amazon and Apple. DogHouse.com (not one of mine) is just like GoodFood.com, and EMT which is capable of being branded.

I think that has happened over the years where EMD's have gotten to be brands so I agree with you it is an EMD in one capacity but has ways where it could be used as a brand. Look at the number of TM's registered using Good Food.

•••
Maybe it not senility but where you live, here in the U.S. good does not rhyme with food

As anyone who’s ever tried to learn the language knows, English is full of contradictions and inconsistencies.

Why does four rhyme with store, but not hour?

Why don’t blood, food and good rhyme, yet blue, crew, through and moo sound the same?

Toronto artist and musician Mitchell Moffit rhymes off a long list of these maddening quirks in his latest video for AsapTHOUGHT, reciting excerpts from classic texts by Richard Lederer and Richard Krogh highlighting the baffling rules that govern our language.

Moffit is also the co-creator of AsapSCIENCE, a popular YouTube channel dedicated to explaining fascinating facts about our world.

As for the reason why English has so many confusing words — well, our modern language has roots in German, Latin and French, which creates contradictory pronunciations and spellings.

Dear teacher and friends,
I have a question about the pronunciation of food and good.
/fu:d/ vs /gʊd/
Why _ood of food is pronounced u: and _ood of good is pronounced ʊ?

There is no system at all. You just have to learn each word as it comes

/u:/ - food, boot, cool, google, moon
/ʊ/ - look, good, wool, foot

Why do we say "the alarm went off", when actually it went ON :P

•••
I think that has happened over the years where EMD's have gotten to be brands so I agree with you it is an EMD in one capacity but has ways where it could be used as a brand. Look at the number of TM's registered using Good Food.

So should I be referring to most of my 2 word EMT domains as Brandable now? ;) Or only those that have trademarks ;)

Last edited:
•••
The term "As Seen On Tv" which everyone assumes is trademarked has been deemed generic. We own ItsSeenOnTv.com

Last edited:
•••
I've sold ProfitAddict a while ago. Fits great for your examples lol.

•••
I love the twos and have bought three: thrillermart.com, sellergem.com, celebritycase.com.
I'm happy.

•••
Isn't GoodFood a descriptive over a brandable? Guess many will say both or just the former or later? Or neither Psh.

•••
GoodFood does not fall into the brandable category imo. FoodPlanet or FoodPanda does.

But back to the question from OP. I believe two keyword brandables are a great investment as long as you know to pick which ones. This is relatively easy to master with 4L and numerics but cherry picking great two keyword brandables takes a bit of creativity and understanding of current market trends and branding in general. If you want to see what sells you can follow my weekly report on brandable sales: http://dngeek.com/category/brandable-domains/

•••
@dv82 - I checked out your report. You seem to be only reporting on LLLL.com brandables. I don't see any 2 word brandables in there :(

•••
•••
•••
•••
If all two words name were brandable.. I would have already been a gigolo seller. Regestered VirginGigolo.com last year.. *Gigolos are the upcoming BIG trends.. :)

•••
does anyone know of a good brandable name generator on the web or do you just brainstorm your own thanks? have tried a few i've found but wasn't that crazy about the names they threw out

•••
does anyone know of a good brandable name generator on the web or do you just brainstorm your own thanks? have tried a few i've found but wasn't that crazy about the names they threw out

http://www.leandomainsearch.com/ is pretty good but to grab decent two keyword brandables you have to be on the drops or aftermarket these days.

•••
Next big thing: Brandobles.

Domain names related to marlon brando characters.

•••
@equity78 - You have to ask how Good and Food rhymes? I must be losing something in my senility. And I still fail to understand how this is a brandable? Can you give me an example of using this as a brandable? Because using it to blog or sell good food, is using it as an EMD, IMHO.

Consider that Good sounds like Should and then consider that Food sounds like Mood ....... that's why they don't rhyme ......simple

•••
I think it could very well be. I have seen nice clicks and traffic on parked 2 word dot coms. Good type in stats.

•••
@evirtual1 - In Scotland and other parts of the UK, they sound like Gud Fud (the short u not the long oo).

•••
thanks for the info - i mainly look at the aftermarket sites so will see if i spot anything on there too cheers

•••

Best to brainstorm than leave the work to bots. But even in brainstorming you might get caught with excitement and think that anything you come up with is brilliant.

•••
I own a few...

Poker-Coupons.com

Any good?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back