Domain Empire

advice Are there domain "researchers" I could hire?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello all,

I've been away from the domain industry for a long while.. but recently I randomly stumbled upon an opportunity to acquire a domain that could help my business... and now I'm trying to figure out if I could replicate it consistently and not leave it to chance.

More specifically - I run a digital agency, and I have a friend who used to work in another (established) agency, which went out of business. They took down their website and I decided to put their domain on backorder. I then had to bid for it through Godaddy auctions, but thankfully I secured it. This is not a gamechanger for my business, but it's a relatively cheap way to capitalize on the work (and links) that another business in my industry has created. Much cheaper than other methods.

So I came back here in my old domain hunting grounds.. in hopes that I'll get a ton of people trying to sell me their domains (that match what I described above) but no luck. The thing is that I know how to do the research and find more names - in fact I grabbed 2 more following that random one. But it takes time.

My question is -- are there people that specialize in domain research that I could hire? Sure, I could hire a VA and tell them what to do.. but the truth is that I'm no expert in this, so I may be wasting a lot of unnecessary time. I'd rather work with a pro, if such a person exists.

Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello all,

I've been away from the domain industry for a long while.. but recently I randomly stumbled upon an opportunity to acquire a domain that could help my business... and now I'm trying to figure out if I could replicate it consistently and not leave it to chance.

More specifically - I run a digital agency, and I have a friend who used to work in another (established) agency, which went out of business. They took down their website and I decided to put their domain on backorder. I then had to bid for it through Godaddy auctions, but thankfully I secured it. This is not a gamechanger for my business, but it's a relatively cheap way to capitalize on the work (and links) that another business in my industry has created. Much cheaper than other methods.

So I came back here in my old domain hunting grounds.. in hopes that I'll get a ton of people trying to sell me their domains (that match what I described above) but no luck. The thing is that I know how to do the research and find more names - in fact I grabbed 2 more following that random one. But it takes time.

My question is -- are there people that specialize in domain research that I could hire? Sure, I could hire a VA and tell them what to do.. but the truth is that I'm no expert in this, so I may be wasting a lot of unnecessary time. I'd rather work with a pro, if such a person exists.

Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!

I do it all the time, it's been a growing part of the business, Pm me what you are looking for exactly.

•••
There are quite a few sleuths around here. We love this stuff. Inquiring minds...

•••
are there people that specialize in domain research that I could hire?
Domain brokers are the people who should be expected to be best at this, but only a very small percentage of them are. However, that's the best bet is to find a competent broker or another NamePros member who specializes in it.

Good luck,

•••
•••
My question is -- are there people that specialize in domain research that I could hire?

If you think you'd find someone from here who will perform research on daily basis to find you gems from the rough, remember, they are looking for same gems for a while and would probably undercut you while billing you for the time ;)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back