NameLot

Are there any marketplaces/aggregators with good filtering tools?

Labeled as question in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by 945003940, Aug 13, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. 945003940

945003940 New Member

Hey,

I guess I'm what you guys might call an 'end user' (read: complete amateur) in terms of buying domains. Now and then I search for names/domains for my projects and businesses. Generally I'm looking for a short, brandable name (who isn't?) that's either a dictionary word or some kind of pseudo-word/compound that conveys meaning etc.

In trying to find these I've always found the big marketplaces... well... terrible.

E.g. you go on to Sedo/Dan and all they seem to want you to do is type in some keywords so they can do a literal exact match on it. Now, I know what my project/business is going to do, but it's incredibly unlikely that I'm going to buy a domain that has the literal business in the name. cars.com is going to cost me millions and buycarstoledo.com is tacky and not a brand--no thanks.

It's 2020. We have proper language processing now. Is it really so hard for these guys to have something as basic as 'is dictionary word' or a threshold on how common of a dictionary word it is? Or a measure or pronounceability? Or the ability to search for synonyms or words close in meaning? These are all possible but it seems like none of them care to make a half decent search.

So I guess my question is: how come? And is there some aggregator that _has_ bothered to make a decent filtering system?

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. uzver

uzver Established Member PRO

3. uzver

You may want to check below Brandable marketplaces individually, they have categories and industries to filter from.

BrandBucket.com
    SquadHelp.com
    BrandPa.com

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  4. uzver

5. 945003940

945003940 New Member

Ah, I was aware of some of those but not others. I'll also try out the buyer requests forum and see how it works out.

Thanks!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice