IT.COM

Are .pw domains worth anything?

NameSilo
Watch

jdab

Jamie DąbrowieckiTop Member
Impact
I've been doing some browsing today and found a few one word .pw domains available.

These are relatively cheap to register, but do you think these are worth investing in?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, I think they are worth as much as their .tk counterparts. More or less.

•••
•••
Yes, I think they are worth as much as their .tk counterparts. More or less.

So which is it? "As Much", "more" or "less".

This is no answer at all!

I think .pw are a rock solid investment and by that I mean that they are as good an investment as solid rocks.

•••
My gold rocks are not worth what they once were :(

•••
Registering a .pw is like getting kicked in the nuts. Some people out there, actually enjoy that kind of thing. Buncha freaks.

•••
Thanks for the (slightly odd and over the top) feedback guys! ;)

•••
Registering a .pw is like getting kicked in the nuts. Some people out there, actually enjoy that kind of thing. Buncha freaks.
lol, oh man tell us how you really feel.

•••
i think PW will go bankrupt soon
if it won't, then it should.

•••
•••
•••
I have bought some good one-word .pw domains recently..and i don't regret it :)

•••
I have bought some good one-word .pw domains recently..and i don't regret it :)

The acid test for regretability is if you have sold .pw domains in total which exceeds your total investment in .pw domains. Only then can you truely say you haven't regretted it. Having good words doesn't mean anything, if you cannot find buyers for them.

•••
The acid test for regretability is if you have sold .pw domains in total which exceeds your total investment in .pw domains. Only then can you truely say you haven't regretted it. Having good words doesn't mean anything, if you cannot find buyers for them.
Ya that's a good point too..i haven't tried to sell them yet..but ya i do agree with you @stub :)

•••
I seen where the cctld .pw is re-branding itself to stand for professional web. the palauans have somewhere learned about marketing,lol......

•••
sales, history... no past
no present
no future.

move on mate.
gl.

I sold a two-letter one for low $X,XXX, but I am convinced it was an anomaly.

:)

•••
I sold a two-letter one for low $X,XXX, but I am convinced it was an anomaly.

:)

that's nice.
well done
recently?

actually.. 2L or 2N is the only thing I wouldn't mind owning in .pw.
or most other extensions out there..

I think those always have some sale potential.
as long as renewal fees are reasonable under <$20
holding a few LL/NN in few extensions is good idea. imo

•••
that's nice.
well done
recently?

actually.. 2L or 2N is the only thing I wouldn't mind owning in .pw.
or most other extensions out there..

I think those always have some sale potential.
as long as renewal fees are reasonable under <$20
holding a few LL/NN in few extensions is good idea. imo

A few months ago. I was definitely surprised.

I had nabbed that puppy a few years ago when the .pw registry released LL, NN, LN, and NL for reg fee.

It was my only .pw.

•••
A few months ago. I was definitely surprised.

I had nabbed that puppy a few years ago when the .pw registry released LL, NN, LN, and NL for reg fee.

It was my only .pw.

thats great. lucky you.
so now those LL NN are considered premiums?? at premium renewal rates? I didn't even know cctlds had premium fees in this way.

•••
thats great. lucky you.
so now those LL NN are considered premiums?? at premium renewal rates? I didn't even know cctlds had premium fees in this way.

No, not considered premiums.

I paid reg fee renewal every year, about $11.

•••
ah ok sorry my bad.. I misunderstood you to say that originally they were reg fee and then they switched LL NN to premium reg/renewal fees. I think some extensions do just that. just probably not cctlds.. new gtlds I think.
either way.. nice sale.

•••
what do you think about these:
tank.pw
Giftcard.pw
are they worth anything.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back