IT.COM

Are people faking BrandBucket accepted names here to auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dncafe

I Buy WebsitesTop Member
Impact
I've been seeing a lot of auctions here on NP that say "Brancbucket accepted", yet many of these names were only registered within the last week or so.

How long does it currently take to get a name on Brandbucket recently?

Here is an example of an auction with a domain that was registered on August 8th and then listed here at auction on August 14th. 6 days from domain creation doesn't seem like enough time to be accepted on Brandbucket and then list on here at auction:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/flipvia-com-brandbucket-accepted-1.874383/

Screenshot if deleted/edited: http://i.imgur.com/P9L26q2.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have no idea if they are faking it. The names don't look good, so maybe they are aren't faking it-it might just be true.

At the same time, as you pointed out, some names were reg'd in less than a week of the NP Auction, and I have read it takes weeks for the brandbucket lovers to get their hand-reggies listed. So maybe they are faking it.

I personally don't use these "brandable" sites,, so I cannot say for sure, but only base my post on what I have read others have been posting here.

As an aside: even if it says "BrandBucket Accepted", that doesn't mean anything in terms of value.

The fact that it was "accepted" just means that the owner of that platform scored $10 on that listing.

•••
As an aside: even if it says "BrandBucket Accepted", that doesn't mean anything in terms of value.

The fact that it was "accepted" just means that the owner of that platform scored $10 on that listing.

I agree that their name being accepted does not mean the name is valuable. Brandbucket quality control has gone way down in the last 6 months. I am more concerned with NP accounts using deceptive marketing by creating fake screen shots for their listings

•••
1. Accepted does not mean Listed.

I had BB get back to me on the next day before, Sometimes 3 days sometimes 6, But currently they seem to work very fast. Witch does not mean Names are always approved or rejected by BB within a week, 6 days is more then enough, and btw The seller of the auction should contact BB if you win the auction, to move the name into your account,

•••
•••
•••

I disagree, it does mean something. One of the key parts of the BB profit analysis is the acquisition and carrying costs of the domains that don't get accepted. If you can eliminate that, you are ahead of the game. One way to eliminate that is to only increase your portfolio by buying approved names.

Last edited:
•••
I disagree, it does mean something. One of the key parts of the BB profit analysis is the acquisition and carrying costs of the domains that done't get accepted. If you can eliminate that, you are ahead of the game. One way to eliminate that is to only increase your portfolio by buying approved names.
If I don't get the world-class awesome logo along with, then I'm just not that interested.

Last edited:
•••
No one is faking BB accepted.
These auctions are now popular because of the removal of the voting system.
We now have to pay the $10 listing fees to have an accepted domain being published.
So a lot of people sell their domains once accepted.
If someone has a 25% approval success, buying a domain already approved represent 4 domains registrations. So yes a BB approved domain has some value.

•••
No one is faking BB accepted.
These auctions are now popular because of the removal of the voting system.
We now have to pay the $10 listing fees to have an accepted domain being published.
So a lot of people sell their domains once accepted.
If someone has a 25% approval success, buying a domain already approved represent 4 domains registrations. So yes a BB approved domain has some value.
Dominic is 100% correct-no one is faking anything. How could that even be possible when most of the names have to be pushed from a GoDaddy account and payment via PayPal and also they would have to fake the Whois too. With 19,000 names there now who wouldn't want to double or triple their money in 7 days.

•••
How does an auction look fake ?

•••
Recent data point:

I recently sent 11 names to BrandBucket. I sent them the names on August 10 and received a response on August 22.

So I guess that some of the auctions you mentioned are faking it.

•••
•••
No not a long weekend how would that make the auction fake ? If someone is stating that a name was approved by BrandBucket and it wasn't then they lied. And that will be addressed. People are selling names approved, they don't have to be listed.

@brandnow because your names were not approved does not mean other names in that same time frame were not approved. Some people have reported getting a reply the same day they submitted while others have waited.

I am going to suggest to @Eric Lyon that a screenshot be required to show the name was accepted. I believe some people think that a seller is saying a name is listed. If listed that would mean the $10 was paid, people are not paying the $10 and just selling the name on the basis of being accepted.

•••
No not a long weekend how would that make the auction fake ? If someone is stating that a name was approved by BrandBucket and it wasn't then they lied. And that will be addressed. People are selling names approved, they don't have to be listed.

@brandnow because your names were not approved does not mean other names in that same time frame were not approved. Some people have reported getting a reply the same day they submitted while others have waited.

Correct. I'm only providing my recent data point.

•••
Correct. I'm only providing my recent data point.

Right my point was that a few have thought that a domain was just registered and they included BrandBucket acceptance in the auction, so it must not be true. If someone has proof we would have that removed. Without proof and falsely accusing someone could affect their auction.

So I have proposed a remedy to Eric and if he cool with it then we will have something in place to guarantee BB acceptance to all members.

•••
Right my point was that a few have thought that a domain was just registered and they included BrandBucket acceptance in the auction, so it must not be true. If someone has proof we would have that removed. Without proof and falsely accusing someone could affect their auction.

So I have proposed a remedy to Eric and if he cool with it then we will have something in place to guarantee BB acceptance to all members.

It would be wise I think to have sellers include a screenshot of an e-mail from BrandBucket or a screenshot of their BrandBucket account that clearly shows the domain has been approved. Just my 2c :) I'm sure that you and Eric have already discussed these ideas.

•••
•••
This is my first post on the board: Here we go...

Although I understand the subject matter is unrelated to BB, but no one seems to have noticed in the mentioned auction that the domain was sold by the owner mid way through the auction thread when he posted at end of the 72 hours:

Grossu: "Thank you for the bids, dpan is going to grab it for $22"

Yet dpan seems to have not noticed the posting, and Grousu started bumping (as if the domain is still available) the thread up and poor/clueless dpan kept betting until $30 that's when Grosso added a $50 BIN.

This shows the seller is not being honest...
And I believe that dpan should get the domain for $22

Or am i seeing things?

•••
This is my first post on the board: Here we go...

Although I understand the subject matter is unrelated to BB, but no one seems to have noticed in the mentioned auction that the domain was sold by the owner mid way through the auction thread when he posted at end of the 72 hours:

Grossu: "Thank you for the bids, dpan is going to grab it for $22"

Yet dpan seems to have not noticed the posting, and Grousu started bumping (as if the domain is still available) the thread up and poor/clueless dpan kept betting until $30 that's when Grosso added a $50 BIN.

This shows the seller is not being honest...
And I believe that dpan should get the domain for $22

Or am i seeing things?

The bid for $23 came before the 72 hours. The auction is all good.
Grossu just bumped his post saying that dpan will win it for $22 if no one else bids.

•••
RULES UPDATED: 1.22. Any claims about sales items must be supported with a screenshot in the thread clearly featuring the domain or website at the time of posting. This includes, but is not limited to traffic, revenue, appraisals, etc.

This includes BrandBucket acceptance.

•••
Thank you for the new rule, Raymond.

•••

Please correct me if I am wrong:

- I submit a domain name to BB and it gets accepted for (say) $2000.
- I can pay BB $10 to have it published for sale there
-OR-

- Instead of paying BB the $10 to get it published with BB, and trying to compete with nearly 20,000 domains there, I instead can come here and start an "BB accepted" auction - hoping to get some (probably lower) percentage of $2000 BUT a more likely (and quicker) sale here.

•••
•••
Please correct me if I am wrong:

- I submit a domain name to BB and it gets accepted for (say) $2000.
- I can pay BB $10 to have it published for sale there
-OR-
- Instead of paying BB the $10 to get it published with BB, and trying to compete with nearly 20,000 domains there, I instead can come here and start an "BB accepted" auction - hoping to get some (probably lower) percentage of $2000 BUT a more likely (and quicker) sale here.

Correct, you need a screenshot in the post showing acceptance from BrandBucket.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back