Dynadot

question Are .io domains worth investing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok, so I was recently doing some keyword research and was astonished at the amount of searches done for this one single keyword. 4 Letters, 1 syllable. The searches done for it are 90,500 searches done a month, and CPC suggestion of $2, and 10 times that in search results.

If you pluralize the word (add an s) there's 135,000 search results with a CPC of $1.01 and only 13 Million results.

Now - here's my question

Both the singular (4 letters, 1 syllable) .io domain is available and the plural (add an s) is available as well.

Products on Amazon when searching the term, has products ranging from $10+

So is it worth it to invest in the .io domain - not only because it's 4 words - something we all have said at least once in our life time, and because of it's potential at a sale, but because of it's value as being indexed by the major engines?

Would it be worth it to pursue the .io approach? I do see a bunch of .io domains popping up in searches with site:.io in Google.

Also - would a domain like that be consider "premium"?

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have to give us the keyword. It is impossible to speculate without the proper information. If it is something tech related or very generic, then it might be worth regging. :)

•••
haha, then I take that chance of someone else going and grabbing it ;)

•••
.io is hit or miss take a look at some .io sales on namebio and get a feel for what has sold.I had a list with a lot of .io domains THAT I DID NOT BUY some made a lot of money some i haven't seen sales for yet. I choose not to invest into .io because of my inexperience of domaining at that present time.

You can reg the domains if u want, then get some advice on them and if other domainers say they are crap, u can grace delete ..However domainers can be wrong sometimes. So at the end of the day you have to use your own judgement.

•••
@imadoer Thanks for the epik info! HA! So far, I have 2 .io's that are Appraisal Value: $3,500.00 and Appraisal Value: $4,200.00

You'd totally laugh if you knew what the second was!

•••
And what's funny is, there are over 300,000 monthly searches for the exact keyword

•••
I think google has a loop hole with .io domains; Google "Draw" and you will see two .io domains at first results.

then I was looking for get my udid for iphone and I typed "Get udid" check what pops up.

Serious stuff.. Draw is beating major companies such as disney, google, msn, ect.

this could be why the sudden increase in popularity for .io

•••
Bosnia.io is available estibot 10k doesn't mean I would reg it.

•••
I'm not saying .io isn't gaining popularity. it may over the years grow even bigger. I'm just saying do some homework on what your about to reg.

•••
If you re-reg what epik tells you till you get what epik tells you, you will be in debt to everyone in the world..

•••
i've done my homework 3 years ago

•••
I wasn't relating that message to you jasontv

•••
•••
You message must have popped up right when I hit post reply.

No biggie.

•••
•••
•••
I'm lost. Good luck. People won't speak past the 3rd grade in this thread or explain themselves

•••
You must be lost. I said his message must have popped up right when I hit post reply.
Meaning his message posted right before mine did i was hitting the post reply button when his message posted i also said no biggie which means no big deal.
did u graduate the 3rd grade. I can't tell if you can't figure it out.
I'm sorry mrtechie that your thread has become a arguement. I'm done arguing WCpthree have a nice day

•••
I don't think .io are worth for investing.
But if you have a branding or a real high value keyword as you said, it may be worth. The hardest think is find a proper buyer because it's not so popular.
However, there are some .io has sold for a high prices you can check here: http://dnpric.es/?q=.io

•••
@imadoer Thanks for the epik info! HA! So far, I have 2 .io's that are Appraisal Value: $3,500.00 and Appraisal Value: $4,200.00

You'd totally laugh if you knew what the second was!

Estimates are all just one person's opinion in an algorithmic format....you can't bank them. There is not a single estimate site or service that is accurate enough to bank on.

•••
Estimates are all just one person's opinion in an algorithmic format....you can't bank them. There is not a single estimate site or service that is accurate enough to bank on.

aptly said......One person/website can't guess the valuation........You can check past sales even 3-4 word domains are sold in thousands.

IMO - If we talk about single word .io domains yes its worth investing!

•••
•••
You must be lost. I said his message must have popped up right when I hit post reply.
Meaning his message posted right before mine did i was hitting the post reply button when his message posted i also said no biggie which means no big deal.
I'm sorry mrtechie that your thread has become a arguement. I'm done arguing WCpthree have a nice day
Im not arguing. And I forgot this is a forum to people from many countries. My fault......

•••
@ imadoer I sincerely apologize

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back