Dynadot

question Are HugeDomains + BuyDomains dropcaught domains a standard?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Did not know how to write the title. but let me explain.

When I let some of my domains go and check months later and see it's with hugedomains or epik or buydomains is that a form of validation that your domain was good but you let it go?

I mean when we sell among domainers. Its hard because you always have to convince (if you're a newbie) pros on here that this domain is worth buying.

It's exhausting. Easy money is registering a domain and selling without the "hardsell" but those deals are few and far between. And a bit hopeless.

So why not if selling to domainers. Just hope on over to buydomains or hugedomains or heck even domainmarket type in the keywords of your domains and if you find domains similar to yours and if you can find history that it was dropcaught by them.

is this "convincing" enough to the "domainer buyer"?

I've seen some domains drop and I swear I would not even regged those but somehow someone oever at Hugedomains or whichever used dropcatch to grab it and just don't make sense but then when I mention some of my domains people say it's garbage but it's got similar keywords as Hugedomain domains.

so is it a good enough argument to say "yea? my domain is garbage? well Hugedomains dropcaught this domain and that domain. Are they stupid?"

that plus selling to resellers. if a domain similar to yours is listed at $3,000. would that help selling a domain for $300?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, Hugedomains owns a ton of shit

uuuuuuuuu.png

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Just because HugeDomains picked-up your expired domain and has it for sale at XXXX it means nothing as to the domain's actual market worth, IMHO.

They drop a lot of crap as they take in more crap. I'm sure they have a ton of great domains, but they have a lot of crap. Did I say "crap" enough? :xf.grin:

They have a strategy that is profitable for them but which you or I could never dream of using. they have deep pockets.

Last edited:
•••
How the heck are they profitable with all those crap

•••
I dropped a domain years ago and buydomains still has it and the one time I tried to buy it back they wouldn’t discount the few thousand dollar asking price by much.

I don’t think it was that great of a domain.

•••
How the heck are they profitable with all those crap

I don't know. I just assume it is profitable for them because they have been doing it for a long time. They don't have just crap domains. But how is it profitable for them to keep so many crap domains for years? I have no clue. They obviously have a strategy that works.

Also, it is nothing new. Before HugeDomains there was another site that I used to come across all the time that would do the same thing. I cannot for the life of me remember who it was. I can see the landing pages in my mind's eye, but I can't remember the domain/business name. The landing pages were mostly white. It could have been the same company (Andrew Reberry / TurnCommerce, Inc) using a different domain, though.

Last edited:
•••
I dropped a domain years ago and buydomains still has it and the one time I tried to buy it back they wouldn’t discount the few thousand dollar asking price by much...
Had a similar case. BuyDomains offered me worldtradecentre.org for $700, on the face of it, not an unreasonable price at all. But I was in no hurry and in no mood to pay more than $300, so I ignored their initial offer, as well as the many follow up emails lowering their price by all of 20%. Then they surprised me: some 2 months later, come renewal time, they dropped the domain and I handregistered it for $6.99 :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back