Domain Empire

domain Are 20+ year old domains more worth? - EndRisk.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AnsL

Established Member
Impact
Howdy!

I was asking myself if the age of a domain name would have a great impact on the price and if yes what would you guys think following domain name is worth?

My 1996 domain name: EndRisk.com

Thanks a lot for your help!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some robot valuations ( like siteprice.org for example) value age above almost all else. Most of us think all the robots are misleading. Some strongly disagree - especially people that own robot sites. Age can add value but does not necessarily do so. Old websites often have value.

EndRisk.com has more going for it then just age. Two short clear words that make some sense together give it some value. END and RISK are both a bit negative so that detracts somewhat, but the double negative becomes +ve again - well sort of.

I expect it is worth $1K -$2k to the right end user. Finding the right end user or (them finding you) is the issue. You probably paid about trade value for it. Hope this helps

•••
You probably should try to market the name within the banking, investment and insurance communities. While I agree with Paul T's thinking, I suspect the value would be somewhat higher to the right end user buyer. Large brands will use names in their advertising from time to time.

FWIW, LessRisk.com is being marketed at GoDaddy for just under $25,000.

•••
You probably should try to market the name within the banking, investment and insurance communities. While I agree with Paul T's thinking, I suspect the value would be somewhat higher to the right end user buyer. Large brands will use names in their advertising from time to time.

FWIW, LessRisk.com is being marketed at GoDaddy for just under $25,000.
Fair point!

•••
Well thanks for your opinions! I would also have the .net and .org of it, do you think it would be better to sell them as a package or to keep them separate?

Regards

•••
If someone needs it, then the other extensions are a bonus. I would tend to package together to maximise value, or 'throw them in' as a deal closer in a negotiation.

•••
Thanks you really helped me out!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back