Dynadot

opinion Are 1-word .info names worth buying

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Raghav Nehra

Established Member
Impact
Hey NPs
There are some domains that synchronize very well with the .info (information) extension. Are those domains worth buying? and how expensive or cheaper is the .info renewal as compared with the .Com?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are those domains worth buying
Maybe, maybe not. There is no way to answer this question without evaluating the domains in question

and how expensive or cheaper is the .info renewal as compared with the .Com?
Check domcomp.com to determine the cheapest reg, renewal and transfer rates

•••
I don't see much value in .info unless until it is a stellar keyword

Bay.info
Sex.info
Food.info

I do own one .info domain and I'll try to develop in future

Domainers.info

•••
Are those domains worth buying?

I was and still am a fan of .info but over the last two years I have let over 200 go...the new extensions killed the market (at least for a while). Moved back to .com until/unless info market improves.

•••
Depends on the keyword. There are available many .info one word domains what I have check.

They dont usually have much value, but keywords like car, business, insurance etc are worth for buying with cheap price even with .info extension.

Try to look for good hot trend .com domains, future technology .com domains etc. Especially future technology could worth someday good money if you can catch .com extension. They are long time investments, but who will know if you get 10000x profit for nice name. And nowadays, good names are taken, it's year 2017, try to negotiate nice deal with nice names wich could have good end-user pool. Don't waste your money in .info domains because there are still some really nice and old names for sale at this forum with very good reseller price.

But this is only my opinion.

Thanks,
Sami.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back