Domain Empire

AppleItunes.com sold for $2650 on 2016-02-29. Obvious TM! discuss!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hey guys,
in my search for all domains starting with APP on Namebio saw this obvious TM. domain by random. it was purchaseed for $2650. how is this domain even ALLOWED to exist outside of the hands of Apple? it's an obvious TM issue domain.

now owned by Namebright so it seems. how is this possible?

anyone care to comment for all newbies interested in learning? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would also like to hear some comments from more experienced domainers

•••
I would also like to hear some comments from more experienced domainers

sorry friend but I think thee experts on NP are just tired of me with my TM talk all the time. But seriously though this SOLD domain now owned by Namebright begs the question.

"how is this possible?"

one might say that APPLE is a universal word and Apple Inc. does not have the monopoly on it's use.

but then you add Itunes to it?

now that's a whole different minefield yes or no?

I guess thee answer is ."so long as the page you redirect this domain to has no Apple products or links on it" then I guess they can sit on it till infinity or until Apple chooses to buy it.

hopefully Itunes won't ever rebrand to another brand.

•••
Maybe Apple hasn't noticed it yet? Or is prepping to get the name via legal means? Looks like the owner has privacy. Hard to say who owns it I suppose.

•••
What do you mean privacy? I checked it. It said it was namebright?

•••
He means this:
upload_2017-1-4_3-32-57.png

and this:
upload_2017-1-4_3-33-7.png

•••
There are lots of TM being sold, its doesnt make it right. It certainly doesn't mean you would be able to sell it to the TM holder. The smart thing is stay away from them, it certainly doesn't do anything for your reputation in the domaining industry.

•••
It's risky, apple has clout and big bucks. They come at ya pissed, he's gonna be handing that over like a cupcake from mom for a school lunch. lol.

•••
What do you mean privacy? I checked it. It said it was namebright?

Namebright is a registrar which also provides Private WhoIs.

That aside, it is a dodgy website, with allegations of phishing and fraudulent CC charges. It's strange that Apple has let this gone for as long as it has.

•••
I accidentally bought the domain name and trademark similar

Last edited:
•••
I have a lot of apple at the beginning of the domain name, and samsung at the beginning of, at the beginning of dell, SONY, beginning at the beginning of IBM, INTEL, beginning
How to do?

Dont register trademark domains and I wouldn't be admitting that on here.

•••
There are lots of TM being sold, its doesnt make it right. It certainly doesn't mean you would be able to sell it to the TM holder. The smart thing is stay away from them, it certainly doesn't do anything for your reputation in the domaining industry.

I'm stubborn but slowly realizing that it's pointless to hold such domains at renewals.

But the fact remains there are people probably more experienced than me that keep large inventories of such domains.

Are we to assume these rich successful domainers are stupid like newbie domainers?

Every logical instinct agrees with what you say but domains like this just puts all logic upside down on its head.

If this is bad then why are "the big boys" doing it and making a profit?

•••
•••
I'm stubborn but slowly realizing that it's pointless to hold such domains at renewals.

But the fact remains there are people probably more experienced than me that keep large inventories of such domains.

Are we to assume these rich successful domainers are stupid like newbie domainers?

Every logical instinct agrees with what you say but domains like this just puts all logic upside down on its head.

If this is bad then why are "the big boys" doing it and making a profit?

Not many experienced domainers do this, its common sense not to infringe on trademarks, its also the right thing to do, being professional is crucial in business, it reflects on you as a person and also your company...its just common sense

•••
Not many experienced domainers do this, its common sense not to infringe on trademarks, its also the right thing to do, being professional is crucial in business, it reflects on you as a person and also your company...its just common sense

Well based on your words then there sure are alot of rich successful idiots in domaining then making millions of dollars every year while us peasant domainers sit around having full blown discussions about the right and wrongs of TM domaining.

If only these "big boys" quit keeping inventory of TM domains it would make this whole subject more black and white.

TM is bad and no TM is ever registered by anyone.

But every domainer knows this is not going to happen no matter how wrong it is.

And we're not even talking about actual TM domain sales.

•••

No because newbie domainers are not necessarily stupid but most likely just a bit ignorant or ill-informed. Most wise up.

And no because those few big boys who knowingly buy TM domains to profit from them are not necessarily, or most likely, stupid either. They're just risk-tolerant high-rollers with big bank accounts and dedicated legal people or even departments. They know that if the TM holder comes after them, they probably lose the case. But they calculate that it's also possible that the TM holder just BINs the name because UDRP or legal actions cost money and time. They know what they're doing is illegal and unethical but they just don't care.

If the above paragraph doesn't describe you, you should stay away from TM domains.

IMO.

•••
Hey guys,
in my search for all domains starting with APP on Namebio saw this obvious TM. domain by random. it was purchaseed for $2650. how is this domain even ALLOWED to exist outside of the hands of Apple? it's an obvious TM issue domain.

now owned by Namebright so it seems. how is this possible?

anyone care to comment for all newbies interested in learning? Thanks.

if you put 2 wires into an apple
it produces currency

now you can add a device that plays music