NameSilo

.APP SOLD BEFORE 1st. RENEWAL

Labeled as .app in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by Internet.Domains, Mar 19, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Internet.Domains

Internet.Domains Top Member VIP

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Morgo

Morgo Established Member

.app sucks, all ngtlds are terrible, drop all of your .app domains in May. :xf.cool:

3. illumy

illumy Established Member

Another offer for OTC.app at 10K this morning, which I've declined.

4. barman

barman Established Member

I'm dropping 90% of mine but have a few decent ones i'll hang onto for another year

5. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I am wondering how much the original owner paid for it (EAP ?), and what annual renewal fee the new owner is stuck with ?

6. kriss05

kriss05 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Renewal around $150. The seller likely spent $3k-5k to buy it in EAP.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  7. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

No comments.
    And I don't see anything special in this sale.

8. NameLlama

NameLlama Established Member

What a Cr.app domain and price They should be ashamed Support.app is lame name Why would anyone do it

9. Soofi

Soofi DomainX™ PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Is this a verified sale?

10. johnnie018

johnnie018 Restricted

Have a look here,

userscape.com/domains

They have sold $39,000 in .app domains in 10 months and have well into 6 figures in annual renewal fees, you do the math,

11. Joe Nichols

Joe Nichols Common sense consultant VIP

On your site, you're asking 980,000 Yen for this name, which is equal to about $8,850 USD. Is this a minimum offer price?

You have quite a large collection of .app names! Would you be willing to share your revenue from .app sales thus far, as well as total annual renewal costs for all your .app names?

12. illumy

CNY not YEN, big difference.

Renewal less than $20K all together, sold one at 35K RMB/CNY thus far. Only started selling them since last Nov. This is not a large portfolio to be honest, less than 200, comparing to many other larger .APP portfolio owners in our group.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  13. Joe Nichols

Joe Nichols Common sense consultant VIP

Thanks for the clarification!

Very cool! Thanks very much for providing that info. I guess portfolio size is all relative. My total number of names is still under 200. :)

You have some great .app names! I hope 2019 brings you a lot of sales. I'll look forward to hearing updates as the year progresses.

14. illumy

Your welcome. Yes you are right, can have 20 premium (value-wise not renewal-fee-wise) ones which is better than 200 random hand-reg domains.

I love many of my .APP domains as well. Given that we're using them for our previous and new projects too!

I too wish you a prosper year in every way. Thank you Joe.

15. illumy

I don't know how you done the math to come up with a conclusion that UserScape.com Ian's .APP renewal is in 6 figures, his public sales are $49000 (bad math when you said he only made $39000?). And his renewal is very likely less than $20K. Giving his 300~400 portfolio and nothing too pricy except some two letters but not much. I have 8 two letters with near 180 .APP portfolio and my renewal is only less than $15K. 1 two letter can renewal 60 normal reg fee. So even $20K is probably over exaggerate, your math is bad.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  16. johnnie018

johnnie018 Restricted

Sounds like they could have spent close to a million dollars to acquire portfolio that won't even cover the renewals fees each year.

Wonder what they will do? Try and sell to domainers?, drop?, hang in for a couple of years and pay the 100k renewals? Very bad situation and a lesson to us all about premium renewal names.

My bad, 49k in sales.

I looked at quite a few names, all were premium renewals in $XXX range.

Starting from "a"

accept.app $300 per year
    advance.app $700 per year
    aid.com $300 per year
    athletes.app $150 per year
    autopilot.app $80 per year

(average $306)

The site lists 335 names

335 x $306 = $102,000 in annual renewal fees.

Assuming each name cost around $3,000 that is $1,005,000 cost for a portfolio that loses $50,000 a year.

17. illumy

Near 1M acquisition? 100K renewal? You really need to go back and do your math. lol.

18. illumy

Ok I apologize if I sound little rude, now we are talking.

I've checked some:
    beaming.app Normal Reg Fee @ $12~20
    botify.app Normal Reg Fee @ $12~20
    botkit.app Normal Reg Fee @ $12~20
    brackets.app @ $110~180
    cloudburst.app Normal Reg Fee @ $12~20
    cloudview.app Normal Reg Fee @ $12~20

I've speed checked through most of his portfolio and I believed high premium ones like 2 letters probably won't be more than mine. I say about 2/3 of his portfolio or more are normal reg fees, you can check them all if you want, I can generally tell whether it's normal fee or not by the look of it.

Take higher end:
    $20 x 220 = $4400
    $300 x 110 = $33000

I think even this is over-estimating already for his renewal. For normal reg ones I can tell you they are not EAP registered, I only spent less than $3000 for more than 100 of my normal reg fee ones. So your numbers are WAY OFF the chart.

And I did spent couple thousands each on some normal reg fee ones that I know has great value and meanings, def not on two words.

19. johnnie018

johnnie018 Restricted

Anyone can see you have just gone out and cherry picked the worst names possible from the 335, names that would never have a premium renewal because they are two words or made up terms or unusual plurals,

userscape.com/domains

Most of his names are one word, 3 number and the reg fees are high. I just looked at "a" and didn't pick and choose anything. Why bother bringing up that botify.app or cloudburst.app is reg fee?

20. illumy

Not really, I randomly picked few all together from the list on PC when im scrolling, if you cant see that most of his domains are normal reg fee you are blind.

Attached Files:

21. illumy

I can do up the whole list to prove you are wrong and is bad at math, but are you going to apologize or what if you are indeed over exaggerate on all the cost?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: