Dynadot

"Apollo" The new Domainer's Slang Word! - What is the meaning?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wittybliss.com

Established Member
Impact
On Afternic, Apollo has been buying most of our domain names, yet he remain unknown and mysterious. Some said that Apollo is afternic allias, others said he bought most of their domain names, some others said he made offer. One thing that is sure is that Apollo buys a lot of domains, he does not own a domain portfolio and his pocket it very deep. He buys names that domainers won't even look except for selling. Apollo has developed a great number of his domain names.
Who is Apollo?
Apollo is the new slang word use by domainers for referring an End-user, A deep pocket buyer, A mysterious domain inquirer, A Apollo!
slang word APOLLO

Example of use of Apollo:
  • 1- Apollo could refer to a mystery domain Buyer or an unknown domain inquirer.
- "Apollo contacted me last weak about my domain zzzzzApollo.com"
- "I've received a low ball offer from Apollo about my domain WTFisApollo.com, I rejected it!"
- "I sold a domain to Apollo for $100000, I made it!"
  • 2- Apollo could be use in reference to an end-user.
- "how do I contact Apollo about my domain WTFisApollo.com
- "Apollo bought prettycoolzzz.xyz for $5850, a domainer won't even look at that domain, worse pricing it for $0.66"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And reason for this post is?

•••
probably just excited because they sold a name on Afternic

•••
Lol.. well, just in case an Apollo finds his way to this thread:

Attenion All Apollo's
PM Me, I am looking for buyers with deep pockets for lots of my domains :P

•••
What range is he buying random 4Ls, Pattern and chips? Any info? That might be valuable to see what is going on.

•••
Just for clarification, can you tell me:
Is this term derived from one person using the alias "Apollo"?
Or is this the term that domainers are using for all such mysterious buyers?
If so, which other domainers are using this term, as I haven't heard of it before?

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back