Domain Empire

AOL Explorer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What do you think about AOL Explorer compared to firefox and IE?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
resellerlogic said:
What do you think about AOL Explorer compared to firefox and IE?
I hate it!

•••
AOL is pathetic . . how about they come up with something original ?

•••
Well what else is there? Supports just about everything that IE does and has tabbed browsing.

•••
I personally use Firefox. Since I switched, the amount of incomming junk as vanished (pop-ups, spyware, adware, etc). That, if for no other reason, it why I use FireFox. Tabbed browsing is great too. AOL is a pain because the system it uses to "fake" high page load times. It stores all the page info away in a special temp folder, causing you to view old page content when you visit a site.

•••
That's also why the "refresh" button is on there. IE does it sometimes as well. One reason IE has all of that is because it's been around the longest and the majority use it. therefor people who make that kind of stuff target IE. 7.0 should be out soon. Once more switch to firefox they will begin to target it more as well. So you can't say firefox is better is than IE.

•••
I most certainly can. Remember the giant IE security leak not too long ago?

•••
AOL.. I have never used it and never will.. the best things in life are free, linux,firefox,the gimp etc,etc

•••
majinbuu1023 said:
AOL.. I have never used it and never will.. the best things in life are free, linux,firefox,the gimp etc,etc

...I agree :hehe:

•••
I use Firefox and Opera! There both great!

•••
I've never liked anything form AOL... its as if they want to hold your hand with everything. Very annoying.

•••
I havn't used AOL for a long time,but I hear it's pretty bad..

•••
resellerlogic said:
That's also why the "refresh" button is on there. IE does it sometimes as well. One reason IE has all of that is because it's been around the longest and the majority use it. therefor people who make that kind of stuff target IE. 7.0 should be out soon. Once more switch to firefox they will begin to target it more as well. So you can't say firefox is better is than IE.

Its alot worse than IE. You see, you can even delete temp internet files and it still shows you the old web page.

When I first started using AOL, I was making changes to my site and wandering what the hell I had done wrong.

•••
•••
•••
I hated it so much when my parents had me on it I switched and paid for my own ISP for a couple months till we got DSL. I tried to AOL browser for a while and it was good then it stopped working for me so I came back to firefox.

•••
Ugg, AOL coming out with something else. They are absolutely out of there minds. Who wants something AOL when there is Firefox?

I'm having a go at using it now, I could post some screenshots, hold on.

•••
aol=bad

i had to help someone on a computer using the aol browser, uughhh it was bad lol

•••
I posted another topic with the screenshots.

•••
I use AOL at home, however, when I want to browse, particularly if its several sites at once, I minimize and open FireFox. AOL making its own browser is crap - they own Netscape, they should focus on fixing that up, intergrating it with AOL and helping to push IE out of the top for most-used broswer.

AOL can never compare to FireFox. Today, magazines advertise it via articles, and many homes are switching because the Tech people at schools and work places are recommending it. Here at my school, if a teacher complains their home PC is running slow and asks for advice, their first suggestion is download Ad-Aware and switch to FireFox. AOL might be able to help the downfall of IE, but FF will reign supreme when that happens.

•••
AOL is a shell of IE, and it doesn't improve a thing. Using it is a chore, I hate it.

You can tell the developers don't really give a damn about improving anything.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back