IT.COM

Anyone tried Build A Niche Store (BANS) for eBay instead of Parking ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
http://www.buildanichestore.com/

I like the concept b/c it is not dependent on Google or Yahoo for success, otherwise I would probably heap it in with all the other MFA programs out there now. This is based mainly on ebay

Has anyone tried this yet? It builds a store for eBay, plus you can add content and adsense, etc... It seems it would be a good solution on carefully chosen domains. On some domains, I can't see it working at all since they don't fit in tightly with any eBay auctions, but others are a perfect match. Many sites look good and surprisingly seem to give some real value to the surfer unlike the millions of crappy automated MFA sites.

Here are some examples I found:

http://www.turboguides.com/
http://www.usgoldcoinauctions.com/
http://www.homegrownsushi.com/

And, after doing a little research it appears many folks are making money doing this. How much? It is hard to say since the info. out there seems limited since not everyone wants to disclose their income, but a few have showed their earnings on various sites and blogs. I could see this working, but all of the working sites I have seen are based on really lame domains.

I just wonder if anyone has tried it on a great generic domain yet, or an expired domain with big traffic, and what were the results - especially compared to parking?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
eklypse said:
I've heard a lot of success stories with phpbay and wordpress. But you can build a nice custom affiliate site with Joomla and a rss reader/plugin, for free.

the problem is, i paid 97 and i get the site done in two hour, the free version (joomla + reader + plugin) take me forever to setup ....

If i have a technical programing skill, i won't go for this ...

•••
SonnyCooL said:
the problem is, i paid 97 and i get the site done in two hour, the free version (joomla + reader + plugin) take me forever to setup ....

If i have a technical programing skill, i won't go for this ...

Wordpress and Phpbay are very fast and easy to set up. Content is what tales time. An example of a wordpress/phpbay site Antique-Glass.org. I'm still adding more catagories because of the amount of patterns but I do get a fair amount of organic traffic already. Wordpress can host multiple installations so it's quick to set up additional sites.

•••
•••
SonnyCooL said:
phpbay ain't free .... :)

Ive been using the "lite" version which is a free download at the bottom of the products page. I'll probably go with the full version at some point so I can refine the terms but you can do alot with an ebay rss.

Worked on a another site today MotorcyclesGear.com Still needs some content. 1.5 hours to get to this point. Next one I'll be able to do in half that.

•••
A way to save time is to have a theme set up with your adsense already in it. I have a few different themes like this so it makes it easy. I can have a site set up in about 15 minutes with 4 or 5 posts and adsense ready. I use fantastico to install the wordpress ( 1 minute), then ftp the themes and plugins ( 3 minutes ), then go create a campaign at eBayPN ( 1 minute ), login to the blog and activate plugins ( 3 - 5 minutes ), insert my campaign code # ( 1 minute ), choose my theme ( 1 minute ), start posting.

Yeh, you have to look for the lite version of PHPBay.org, but it's there.

OH, one of the plugins I use is "I Love Social Bookmarking", then you can use it easily to occasionaly digg or stumble them to get some extra traffic.

r72gs said:
Ive been using the "lite" version which is a free download at the bottom of the products page. I'll probably go with the full version at some point so I can refine the terms but you can do alot with an ebay rss.

Worked on a another site today MotorcyclesGear.com Still needs some content. 1.5 hours to get to this point. Next one I'll be able to do in half that.

•••
timphelan said:
OH, one of the plugins I use is "I Love Social Bookmarking", then you can use it easily to occasionaly digg or stumble them to get some extra traffic.

Thanks, I'll check out the that plugin!

•••
i have a few minisites, all made with wordpress and phpbay, but they have no traffic at all... how can i promote them? any suggestion?

•••
Yes, another benefit of BANS is that you can add multiple categories, so if I had 30 categories, then factor in all the subcategories and sub-sub categories, etc., I can get 400 pages created in under an hour, which will be indexed by the search engines. Launch 2-3 sites a day and you'll quickly start seeing search engine traffic. Work on link building via article and link directories and the traffic will FLOW.

I usually add 2-3 pages of content, plus add an introduction on the homepage and stuff, but there isn't any content writing required for BANS. Writing content simply helps make your site more findable, but isn't required with BANS.

•••
My eBay commissions were nonexistant from July 1st though July 5th, but after that it started to pick up. I still was getting some Google Adsense clicks, though.

However, yesterday on my single fishing domain using BANS I made $37.56 :hehe:

One eBay ACRU signup for $25

And, two Items Sold:

VIA PC 4-ports Firewire Fire Wire 1394 PCI Card w/Cable (Sold for $7.99)

*RARE GEORGE LAWRENCE VINTAGE 40s FISHING CREEL!! (Sold for $586.78)

•••
Seabass said:
My eBay commissions were nonexistant from July 1st though July 5th, but after that it started to pick up. I still was getting some Google Adsense clicks, though.

One eBay ACRU signup for $25

And, two Items Sold:

VIA PC 4-ports Firewire Fire Wire 1394 PCI Card w/Cable (Sold for $7.99)

*RARE GEORGE LAWRENCE VINTAGE 40s FISHING CREEL!! (Sold for $586.78)

Nice! Congrats.
Seems that you're going really well.
Regards

•••
Seabass said:

Hmmm, and is that more than you would have made parking the domain? :D :bingo:

Some of the other posters seem to get to caught up in whether they get rich quick or not. For the context of this forum thread, it is simply about outperforming your parked domains.

Sounds like you've done a great job. Do that with a few more sites and you'll have a good consistent earner with no work or maintenance and the domain renewals will pay for themselves.

•••
metronome said:
wait a minute,
you MUST upload all of the folder in the bans in order to geo target the ebay campaign??(eg, upload ebay uk folder to uk.domain.com, ebay us folder to us.domain.com or domain.com/us????)

I thought you just have to upload one folder to let's say ebay us to public html of domain.com, and then when someone from let's say canada go to this domain.com it will automatically change to ebay ca....
bondjpf said:
metronome said:
wait a minute,
you MUST upload all of the folder in the bans in order to geo target the ebay campaign??(eg, upload ebay uk folder to uk.domain.com, ebay us folder to us.domain.com or domain.com/us????)

I thought you just have to upload one folder to let's say ebay us to public html of domain.com, and then when someone from let's say canada go to this domain.com it will automatically change to ebay ca....

Yes all folder because ebay categories are different from country to country.

I am only uploading one folder for each of my domains (us folder or aus folder) can someone confirm that I have to upload all folders for each domain?

•••
You only need to upload to subfolders if you have a multi country on the same store.
Each folder for each country...

•••
If I want to have BANS on multiple computers, do I need a separate license/download for each pc, or can I just copy the downloaded files to my other pc(s)?

•••
yandig said:
If I want to have BANS on multiple computers, do I need a separate license/download for each pc, or can I just copy the downloaded files to my other pc(s)?

Paying $97.00 gets you an unlimited personal license so you can use it on an sites that belong to you. It is not tied to the computer in any way.

•••
•••
problems solved - working great now B-)

Last edited:
•••
I just sold a bunch of ping-pong balls. LOL

•••
Ok for the ones that have their BANS site what is the correct procedure?

Create Clickbank account (to get half off from BANS)
Get BANS
Next step?

This would simplify the process for a lot of people or can somebody PM their procedure? I don't have greens to give butr once I get some I'll be repping people who do help me!

•••
Zepia said:
Ok for the ones that have their BANS site what is the correct procedure?

Create Clickbank account (to get half off from BANS)
Get BANS
Next step?

This would simplify the process for a lot of people or can somebody PM their procedure? I don't have greens to give butr once I get some I'll be repping people who do help me!

Check my sig. It's easy to setup a store :)

•••
bondjpf said:
Check my sig. It's easy to setup a store :)

Nice! I wish I could rep you but I'm still grey :(

•••
My new stores:
SmallCompanies.us
XBOXXBOX.COM
NavigationSuite.com
:cy:

•••
Teddy7 said:
My new stores:
SmallCompanies.us
XBOXXBOX.COM
NavigationSuite.com

Whoa those are really nice!

How are sales with those if you don't mind asking?

•••
Zepia said:
Nice! I wish I could rep you but I'm still grey :(

Have you read the manual?
What do you need to know?

Teddy7 said:
My new stores:
SmallCompanies.us
XBOXXBOX.COM
NavigationSuite.com

Really nice.
Hope you get many sales with those sites.

•••
bondjpf said:
Have you read the manual?
What do you need to know?

Really nice.
Hope you get many sales with those sites.

Your manual? or what manual?

i think I have all the bases covered so far, thanks to your site explaining how to do it!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back