Domain Empire

Anyone has experience with DomainZaar.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Anyone here used or using DomainZaar.com software? The software to make your own domain parking pages with all those scripts. I need some advice on pros and cons. Thank!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it was slightly fewer clicks yes. But in my experience an actual traffic domain name will receive many more clicks on a plain jane parking page.

For domains that don't receive traffic then better off on a domain sales page or fully developing them as 1 fully developed unique site will trump 10-100+ mini sites with no unique content. Quality over quantity across the board. Domains, websites, etc...

So if you use some automated script and add your own unique content or put the work in could work but using something just filled with rss feeds and ads not gonna pan out as no unique content and this isn't 2006 anymore the mini site rankings are dead.

So straight outta the box with zero modifications how well do you think their examples will rank?
There would be no reason to bookmark or revisit any of them.

Yes, I agree that RSS and Ads aren't going to rank but I sort of figured that 'parking' was more about people just typing in the name rather than doing a google search for it. If they just type in the name then whether the search engines rank it or not isn't really a factor. Maybe counting on typed in traffic is a big mistake though and I'm thinking about it wrong. I've setup a lot of blogs though and worked really hard to post once or twice a week etc. and it's really hard to get more than a couple thousand visitors a month. I get close to that on a few parked pages from typed in traffic without even trying. Albeit most of my parked pages never get a hit at all. Figured I was just picking bad names though.

•••
but I sort of figured that 'parking' was more about people just typing in the name rather than doing a google search for it. If they just type in the name then whether the search engines rank it or not isn't really a factor. Maybe counting on typed in traffic is a big mistake though and I'm thinking about it wrong. I've setup a lot of blogs though and worked really hard to post once or twice a week etc. and it's really hard to get more than a couple thousand visitors a month. I get close to that on a few parked pages from typed in traffic without even trying. Albeit most of my parked pages never get a hit at all. Figured I was just picking bad names though.

This is how I roll today...

Park all of your domains for a month, generally you will find most of your parking income comes from 10-30% of your domains which is normal unless you strategically built a portfolio based on nothing but traffic names with existing backlinks. Take the earners and float them around to different parking companies or use above.com to do the rotation to see where each traffic domain generates the most income and keep those parked unless you have the skills/interest to do a fully developed site to capitalize on the existing traffic source.

Take all the non earners/non traffic names and do your own sales pages or use something like Bodis.
http://blog.bodis.com/improved-domain-sale-landing-pages/ and make income from actual domain sales.

Years ago you could take the non earners/non traffic names and build automated mini sites and actually generate some income on them as they would actually rank in search. So people were actually making income then or selling off the domains based on the mini site earnings. Numerous companies sprouted up on the craze and have now vanished. Today not as easy to get them ranked so you would really have to add unique content to each domain name as RSS/Ads pages won't get the same search engine love as years ago. Not saying ya can't do the automated mini site on the non earners just saying ya gotta step the game up and get unique content on them. Personally I don't have time to build them today and I've kinda moved to a quality over quantity mindset across the board compared to the old days. So for me today it's basically...

Parking On The Earners
Domain Sales Pages On The Non Earners
Fully Developed On Domains That I Have An Interest In

I've sold domains for high xxxx with zero traffic so wouldn't say that just because a name doesn't receive traffic it's a bad name as the domain itself determines if I buy and traffic is just a bonus. Most of the domains I've sold since 2003 had minimal or zero traffic and never had an end user buyer ask for traffic stats. Domainers ask for traffic stats as they will generally park it on a resale hope and not develop.

•••
Great feedback, thanks! On the one you develop, do you do all the work yourself or hire some of it out? I have quite a few domains that I'd love to develop out a bit if I just had the time to do it. I have the technical skills to do it myself, just not the time.

•••
Great feedback, thanks! On the one you develop, do you do all the work yourself or hire some of it out? I have quite a few domains that I'd love to develop out a bit if I just had the time to do it. I have the technical skills to do it myself, just not the time.

I have a problem giving work to others other than logo work as I'm kinda a perfectionist. Most are simple html/php etc... but have used wordpress on a few as well. Wordpress kinda bloated for some things but since have my own servers that can handle it and the combo of plugins/themes/automatic updates/SEO it works well in most cases and the reason it's so widely used.

•••
I have a problem giving work to others other than logo work as I'm kinda a perfectionist. Most are simple html/php etc... but have used wordpress on a few as well. Wordpress kinda bloated for some things but since have my own servers that can handle it and the combo of plugins/themes/automatic updates/SEO it works well in most cases and the reason it's so widely used.
which host service do you use with wordpress?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back