Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Anyone else use Skype?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

dgridley

Top Member
Impact
616
I installed Skype the other day, then went out and bought this phone to use for the service.

I plan to get SkypeIn and eliminate my home phone and save the $20 a month..

Anyone else use Skype? How do you like it? Any real complaints, etc?

Hey, free to call US or Canadian phones for the rest of the year.. I called a friend in New Brunswick last night and talked a few minutes. I love her accent so it's a treat! ;)
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
That's definitely a plus.. my SkypeIn number tho is not truly "local".. same area code but because my area code comprises such a large area, the number is still LD to most others in my area code. I could get my area code, but not my exchange.. doesn't matter as most who will call me would be calling LD anyway.


Iravan said:
Whats great about Skype and VOIP phones is the fact that your number can be anything, and any area code. For example in India my grandparents have a local Canada number, making calling cheaper and more efficient

- Iravan
 
0
•••
ive ditched msn/aim

i only use skype now, im gradually coverting people to it aswell.

I also have skype in and out, and cut my home phone!

skype is the truth!
 
0
•••
dgridley said:
You can record conversations with it? How is this done?

You can either use Pamela, or download Gizmo which has it built in for free and works just like Skype.
 
0
•••
Trying Pamela now..

Zeeble said:
You can either use Pamela, or download Gizmo which has it built in for free and works just like Skype.
 
0
•••
I've been using skype for over two years and skypeout for over a year. The quality has improved a lot since they started, and now we even run a business which would have been impossible without skype. Yahoo messenger now also offers phone in/phone out service, and worldwide calling rates are even lower, but I haven't tried that yet.
 
0
•••
katya said:
I've been using skype for over two years and skypeout for over a year. The quality has improved a lot since they started, and now we even run a business which would have been impossible without skype. Yahoo messenger now also offers phone in/phone out service, and worldwide calling rates are even lower, but I haven't tried that yet.

I have tried Yahoo, but the quality was rubbish.
 
0
•••
I LOVE SKYPE!! And yes indeed we do use it for Randio NamePros! :music: All of my interviews have been done with Skype and Pamela. That includes the segment of Chatroom Live. I have called my mom in another state and the quality has always been really good for me!! :talk: NEver had a problem with it and I love using it as an instant messanger too. Very nice! :D
 
0
•••
Linux Skype user here.

Works well :)

-Steve
 
0
•••
Not to mention that if electric is out and internet is down you're out of luck BUT I have a cell phone for that, thanks!

snoop said:
Keep is mind skype has no emergency phone service (at least that is the case here).
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back