IT.COM

Any Real Value In Twitter?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I don't know about that site...

I been experimenting with it for a few months now and really can't see any value in it other than wasting your time. But maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't know about that site...

Do you mean by twitter site ? then i must tell you that only having a large no of followers is not everything. there are lots of people selling followers on ebay but you should try to get valuable followers who listen to your tweets.
it will take much time although

•••
•••
Twitter is the pinnacle of marketing genius . . . turned brutally inward on the marketing geniuses. It's a fad so awesome that its pure awesomeness has inspired people to tell other how awesome and inspiring it really is.

Twitter was always just marketing gimmick marketed to the marketing gimmick crowd. No one uses it. It's just there so people can market marketing gimmicks to other gimmick marketers.

It's like MySpace for old people with Blackberries.

In other words: it's kinda creepy.

•••
Selling something or other info

Well if you're Lance Armstrong and you want a couple of thousands people to show up to ride with you Twitter is great!

Seriously one of the best uses I've seen for twitter is for businesses to push some very limited time offer. Say if you have to sell off a few empty seats (travel or theatre) you can deep discount them and promote via Twitter (assuming you have a decent number of followers).

•••
I don't think TWITTER could bring any SEO benefits to the website. All it in can do is get loads of traffic.
Whether it is targeted or not, you should know it.

•••
i agree with marketing gimmick terms, but then i just let it happen and keep posting in it. i see some benefit fo gaining backlink at least

•••
Let's put the final nail in this thing . . .

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/20100210/FacebookMySpaceGraph_610x308.png

This is the ultimate indictment of Twitter. It has this weird, sudden explosive growth from January to May 2009. And then it just stagnates. For the next big thing, it sure stopped growing abruptly.

Twitter reminds me of a Cringely article I read a while back where he's talking about the number of internet companies that are flat-out frauds. I think Twitter is one of the first big ones to go all-in, and make the fraud their business model. Twitter doesn't have a better plan than to pray people buy into their crap before they completely broke. Sure, MS and Google have placed about $40 mil in covering bets with their search deals, but that's not enough to sustain a real buildout.

Also, with stagnant growth, one has to ask the obvious question: should Twitter buildout? Or is building Twitter out a waste of money to handle volume the website will never face?

I've read a lot of defensive articles about Twitter. I haven't read a lot that explain what its real value is or what the hell their long-term profit model is.

Twitter is a company just praying to be bought out before they get found out.

•••
Twitter is a great marketing tool. You can use twitter for SEO.

•••
Twitter is very simple social network, its rather hard to build network except you are famous people

•••
For effective Twitter usage it necessarily involves an investment in time and attention.

•••
It depends on what you are using twitter for. Some people use it just because they enjoy it, others because they want to get traffic to their own websites. IMHO, twitter is only useful if you have a large following of users who are actually listening to what you have to say. If they are interested in what you have say then they will click through and visit your website.

•••
Does Twitter sends traffic? but how does it send? there are so many followers, I don;t know about this too much, but can any explain how exactly twitter can send traffic?

•••
Getting benefits from twitter is really time consuming. But of course you can see some good returns from it. You need to follow so many membrs and should have so many followers, but that should be positive! I mean you don't need to follow any person or don't need to have such followers who always try to say different service or products that does not have any realtion with you! Try to find out people who is having the similar product or service like you. Post your products or service. Retweet other members post you find useful. Don't post such things seem spammy or useless. Try to attarct people with useful posts, images or videos. Make contact with different people after sending them direct message. So different way you need to interact people so that they find you serious! You'll get benefits but yes it's really time consuming. So don't expect to see immediate results.

•••
twitter can produce you a lot of visits into your website if you do it right. however it has nothing to do with PR.

It's true at first you'll spend like 5-6hrs a day following and unfollowing ppls but later on like now, I spend just 3-5 mins a day taking care of the twitter account and they give me good unique traffic with ease.

•••
Twitter allows you to combine pleasure with profit - communication with other members of Twitter and an opportunity to promote your web source.

•••
•••
When I first say twitter when it was in Beta, I thought "what a useless F***in website". I still think that for the most part, however, it is a site that I can spam the crap out of and not get kicked out. I just add every dang person I can and expect at least 10% to follow me. Now that, is a lot of people seeing my links. I get a lot of traffic to my adult sites from twitter.

So for personal use, I see it as useless and a bit dangerous. For business use, it is a minor gold mine.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Twitter allows you to combine pleasure with profit - communication with other members of Twitter and an opportunity to promote your web source.

That is a good way to look at it.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Getting benefits from twitter is really time consuming. But of course you can see some good returns from it. You need to follow so many membrs and should have so many followers, but that should be positive! I mean you don't need to follow any person or don't need to have such followers who always try to say different service or products that does not have any realtion with you! Try to find out people who is having the similar product or service like you. Post your products or service. Retweet other members post you find useful. Don't post such things seem spammy or useless. Try to attarct people with useful posts, images or videos. Make contact with different people after sending them direct message. So different way you need to interact people so that they find you serious! You'll get benefits but yes it's really time consuming. So don't expect to see immediate results.

I disagree a little. When create a new site, I use the find people tool to search for keywords relevant to the site I am promoting. Then, I add every person and hope for return followers. Not too time consuming. I spend about 20 minutes per site following people and then others start following me automatically with time. i have so many sites that bring revenue that I won't worry about instant gratification, I just let time to it's work.

•••
Do you enjoy endless Spam?

...really can't see any value in it other than wasting your time.

You are basically correct, IMO.
Last week I gave Twitter "a second chance" and the results were a complete waste of time.

Any Real Value In Twitter?
Yes
1) Live search during a crises.
2) Do you enjoy Spam? :|

•••
So i need to have many followers to get traffic to my site,right? any tips on how to get many followers?thanks

•••
I'm on the twitter hater band wagon also. Facebook > Twitter

•••
•••
I think they real key to Twitter is trying to engage.

We've tried to really get involved with the camping and outdoor community but time will tell whether it makes any great difference in terms of income.

•••
i dont know about many of namepros users using twitter
but i have had some luck with twitter

There is one advertising company that allows people to buy and sell posts
i have earned around 5$ from that...

and from my other ids i have received a lot of traffic

try using this technique for traffic... it will surely get u some traffic

its all about Twitter Trends/hash tags.
in every twitter account you can see on the left side menu
"Trending WorldWide"
you can also find those trends here :
TweetStats :: Twitter Trending Stats
this site will give you the 10 top today trends,
and top currently trends.
what you do is you take all the top trends put it with your link and tweet it.

example
Code:
 #nowplaying #zodiacfacts justin Bieber #whatwoulditbelike #sagittaius Beliebers #bonjovionustream #TT OMG!! hXXp://yourlinkhere.com
now remember you dont need any followers since all the people who talking about this trends will see your link.

•••
i dont know about many of namepros users using twitter
but i have had some luck with twitter

There is one advertising company that allows people to buy and sell posts
i have earned around 5$ from that...

and from my other ids i have received a lot of traffic

try using this technique for traffic... it will surely get u some traffic

Thanks for the info.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back