IT.COM

Any Real Value In Twitter?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I don't know about that site...

I been experimenting with it for a few months now and really can't see any value in it other than wasting your time. But maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the info.

be sure to implement it...

but the secret is that there are to many people using the same methods...
so if you have more than 10 twitter accounts then this would work fantastically :)

•••
considering it's free I think it's useful for businesses to promote sales with it and for bloggers to tweet everytime they post a new blog post, only takes a minute to post and leads to free traffic, I have 6-7 accounts for different sites and more to come, most people are just looking for a zillion followers but you will be better off with a few hundred targeted followers over thousands of untargeted

Last edited:
•••
Twitter is useful, I just feel there is way too much hype around it by the media, ect.

•••
If you're familiar on Facebook Wall and using it then you'll understand why twitter drives traffic to your site.
If you don't know all of this by all means then create one :)

•••
Twitter is a really good source for finding business and also for promoting business.

•••
Let's put the final nail in this thing . . .

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/20100210/FacebookMySpaceGraph_610x308.png
I've read a lot of defensive articles about Twitter. I haven't read a lot that explain what its real value is or what the hell their long-term profit model is.

Twitter is a company just praying to be bought out before they get found out.

The real value of Twitter isn't commercial. Twitter replaced Internet Relay Chat (IRC) for real time information and a medium to piss your time away. It serves the same purpose as what caused IRC to become popular back then. During the first gulf war IRC grew from a handful of users to hundreds to thousands of users to be able to get realtime information. The biggest IRC networks _still_ have over 100k concurrent online users at all time, but its userbase has been declining rapidly for the past 10 years or so. Twitter will eventually suffer a similar fate.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back