Domain Empire

Any place to check if a DN is subject to trademarks?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a great name to register for .us
I was very surprised do see it is still free,
I made an extensive research and I found it is not free anymore in no one known western country and obviosulsy in any extension, so that I come up with a doubt.

So I need to know where I can look up to have this information

Please don't reply with "if it is still free a good name must be trademarked" a post this thread because I aked my self exactly that but I want buy it if it is free and the only way to know it is to verify it.

thank yoooooou!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
buy the name...research it after...what do u have to lose? reg fee!?.....better to potentially lose reg fee than to lose out on a good domain if someone regs it b4 you....IMO...

•••
i think you should just buy the name and see what happens.....

•••
Easy to check for trademarks
Most countries have public accessible searching facilities for TM's
If it is not Trademarked in the countries you are targeting with the domain then Reg.
I personally believe the same as other posters here ,grab it now ,worry later.
(How many readers are doing an automated search for Free .us with full complete reg's on other .tld's ,I Know I am)

•••
Genial, grab it for NOW ~ you could be losting great potential. Use something like google usually to search for the keyword.

•••
thanks pals,
I got a problem with this site and my registrar support is not answering to me from more than 24 hours at this regard.
I am not US resident and the system refuse to accept my submission.
Any idea how I can buy this damn Domain?

•••
Genialnames said:
thanks pals,
I got a problem with this site and my registrar support is not answering to me from more than 24 hours at this regard.
I am not US resident and the system refuse to accept my submission.
Any idea how I can buy this damn Domain?

Is the name already taken? Or is the one you're using just not accepting your
registration and payment?

If it's the latter, use another one.

•••
no , name is free and to me it is absolutely exceptional!
I must chsnge registrar, I hoped no because I hate have too many accounts here and there, but that way they just forced me to do so.
sic!

•••
Yes, i think you should just try a different registar :)

•••
yes I am looking around right now, but until now any one I visited it require the NEXUS and the Nexus say that one has in someway to be or US citizen or to have some kind of activity estabilished in the US.....vicious circle.....
further investigating

any suggestion welcome!

•••
•••
Thanks Gene, bookmarked!

This tool I used last year when performed researches for another trademark issue...and lost it after a formatting....
now I use Firefox and have no more such kind of probblem to loose things anymore (I hope at least)
and...how is doing www.expire.com? Good luck with it!

•••
•••
yes man, I noticed, sorry!

:'( :'( :'(
http://www.neustar.us/registrars/index.html
here I found a list of reserved .us domain names, the list is quite long and I do not publish it here, it is a good resource to spare some buck in case you have to search for a domain and you have some doubt, as I had :'( :'( :'(

my name :'( is listed :'( :'(

.ok I spared some buck anyway :hehe:

it was too good indeed and in such case I was ligitimate to have doubt...

wish to know what it was?

I tell you.....

it was .............geo.us.... quite nice eh?

thanks all.

still looking for an us registrar have some other good name to register, not at that level but always high level .

•••
I suggest you slightly change it. You probably have a great idea, but is it worth all the legal complexities?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back