Domain Empire

Any help to this?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hafdol

Established Member
Impact
Hi please I need a solution to this, got some Domain last week and have been sending mails to end users, sent about 30 already and I didn't even get one reply,not even a thank you I don't want. Could it be my mail is going to spam also what should be the subject of the mail am sending, would appreciate if I get a reply. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One tip - Keep going, tweak it a little, address people by name, find different emails but CONTINUE.

Persistence is single most important when it comes to selling geo domains through outbound, it happens to best of us, there are domains I have not received a single reply even on 40 emails whereas there are some I have sold with as low as 6 emails, it all depends on what you're sending, the name and its relevance, asking price, instructions to buy and trust.

Get ClearbitConnect extension, it will help you in longer run to find leads that reach inbox and are read, best of luck!
Can I use the clearbiconnect on a smartphone, because have been trying to install it but it's not showing on my Gmail icon

•••
The tips/comments in all above posts are good and necessary. Outbounding is getting more and more difficult; so many domainers are doing it now, and smaller companies are getting inundated with solicitations for these kinds of long tail geo domains.

Up to a couple years ago, I was nabbing a lot of these domains, outbounding them was - if not easy, at least not difficult - and I'd get a lot of sales. But it's become very saturated. If you have, for example, a city + carpetcleaning domain, used to be a safe bet you'd sell it via outbounding, if you had a reasonable (low to mid xxx) price. But since so many domainers jumped into outbounding these kinds of geos, the dozen or so carpet cleaning services in some small city might receive solicitations for (city)carpetcleaning.com, carpetcleaning(city).com, (city)-carpet-cleaning.com, (city)-carpetcleaning.com, carpetcleaning-(city).com, etc. And then also for other extensions like .net/.org/.info, with and without hyphens. And maybe some solicitations for the same domains but with more words added, like Best(city)carpetcleaning.com, My(city)carpetcleaning.com. And with those added words, even soliciting for variations with more hyphens and other extensions.

And then even more variations: domainers will reg (city)carpetcleaner.com, (city)carpetcleaners.com, and with hyphens and in other extensions, etc etc etc.

So now those poor 10 or 15 carpet cleaners in that small city might, over the years, receive solicitations for a dozen (mostly crappy) or more versions of the geo domains. They've become inundated with crappy solicitations. And add to that being inundated with huge amounts of spam for 'need a web designer?!', 'Get your website on the first page of google!!!!!!', and all those.

So yes, small businesses have now gotten 'solicitation overload', they just delete the email as soon as they figure it looks like a solicitation.

That is a generalization, of course; you will still get some replies, maybe some sales; what I'm saying is that it's become much more difficult to get replies and sales of these kinds of geos, especially in the last year or so. I've noticed a huge difference. I still do some outbounding to them, still get some sales... but there's a huge difference in how many replies I receive and how many of these I sell, compared to a couple years ago.

Thus (egad, did I just say 'thus'?) (and did I just also say 'egad'?), to sell these long tail geos, you either have to do more work to get your email to the eyeballs of someone higher up in the company... or change your business plan, reinvent it and keep it fluid so your domain portfolio and sales are concentrating on where the market is still open or emerging, and let go of domains that are becoming harder and harder to sell.

With my own portfolio, I've been letting go of the geo domains for smaller cities and towns, just keeping the good ones for larger cities that have a lot more competing businesses in the same industry. And I only keep what I can tell the potential buyer is 'the best'. You know, I'll keep VictoriaCarpetCleaning.com, because that is the very best incarnation of those keywords. I'll never have VictoriaCarpetCleaningServices.com, or Carpet-Cleaning-Victoria.com, or any lesser incarnation or extension. To me, only one incarnation of a city + service is the best (proven to sell and be attractive to buyers more than any other), and all the other incarnations... are what is making it so difficult nowadays to sell even the best one.

If a potential end user has received solicitations for 10 crappy versions already, as well as dozens of solicitations for shoddy web services... by the time you email them for your 'best' domain keywords... they've already got spam-blindness and they just don't want to see it.

To sum:
Yes, I'm still getting replies and sales with these long tail geos. But the ratio of replies to emails sent is way, way, waaaaaay down, and sales are far fewer. There are members here still doing real well with these... but still, I think even their numbers are way down, and they're looking at reinventing how they're selling these.
This is another angle, Thanks for the analysis bro.

•••
Can I use the clearbiconnect on a smartphone, because have been trying to install it but it's not showing on my Gmail icon

The icon just like streak doesn't show up anymore, however you should still be able to see it on the drawer thing on right side it should have clearbit's icon at the top. I am not sure about smartphone thing, I don't think they have that option.

•••
The icon just like streak doesn't show up anymore, however you should still be able to see it on the drawer thing on right side it should have clearbit's icon at the top. I am not sure about smartphone thing, I don't think they have that option.
Ok thanks will use it on my laptop den

•••
•••
May be, use the free email provider and change your email format just:
Hi,
i'm Name and selling Domain Name are you acquiring?

Thanks,
Name
Domain Broker

•••
May be, use the free email provider and change your email format just:
Hi,
i'm Name and selling Domain Name are you acquiring?

Thanks,
Name
Domain Broker
Thank u.

•••
Hello!

Dallas/wedding/reception is a good name! good choice in picking dallas, and wedding reception is an okay name. It's not the best for that niche... but i could see it sailing.

In my experience from outbounding geos, you won't get any kind of response most of the time. But you will get a sail or no thanks if you keep trying with other geos. I'd say after 10 geos you'll get some kind of response (send 30 each) :) ^_^

•••
Hello!

Dallas/wedding/reception is a good name! good choice in picking dallas, and wedding reception is an okay name. It's not the best for that niche... but i could see it sailing.

In my experience from outbounding geos, you won't get any kind of response most of the time. But you will get a sail or no thanks if you keep trying with other geos. I'd say after 10 geos you'll get some kind of response (send 30 each) :) ^_^
Thank you.

•••
I disagree to a point that Geo domains have become saturated. There is a lot of work involved in marketing to end users with these domains and most people are'nt up to doing it to make a few hundred dollars and especially since it can be hit and miss.They would rather put them up for auction the lazy way and expect to make $1000. Thats not happening, so get yourself a website, have a contact phone number and answer the call and that might help sales. The 2 domains you have are not quality domains. Keep reading and doing research.

•••
I disagree to a point that Geo domains have become saturated. There is a lot of work involved in marketing to end users with these domains and most people are'nt up to doing it to make a few hundred dollars and especially since it can be hit and miss.They would rather put them up for auction the lazy way and expect to make $1000. Thats not happening, so get yourself a website, have a contact phone number and answer the call and that might help sales. The 2 domains you have are not quality domains. Keep reading and doing research.

I disagree. And I know I'm a noob, lol. But, I also recently sold Baltimore////Gym, which I won at closeouts. There was a second buyer who was actually an NP member who wanted it for $600. . . .. so GEO are still in demand. There's always money to be made in GEO... but you have to be prepared for the mental hell of outbounding without any positive feedback. It takes some stones, and then some.

But also, there's always new GEO that's propping up. Like drones didn't exist 10 years ago, and yet now GEO+Drone is premium. I'm sure there's going to be a new GEO niche coming out... and if you find it and reggae that in the major cities... you're looking at $500 or more per domain because those end users will want to pay alot for their new niche.

•••
Outbound even with good names requires a lot of effort. I don’t even have time to outbound my own domains. If I thought outbound were a good way to spend time I’d do it more myself.

Regular domaining is like fishing - you put your hook and bait out there and when a hungry fish seeking your food comes along, it bites. Outbound is like trying to convince a fish that didn’t even know it was hungry, to bite. It doesn’t work very often.

•••
@xynames "Outbound is like trying to convince a fish that didn’t even know it was hungry, to bite. It doesn’t work very often." Great description.

HAHA you just made me understand why people who are avid fishers might like to tie flys - looks way to hard to me (and I dont get to fish anymore, darn kid hahaha). They are just Marketing Their Hook!!!

•••
Outbound even with good names requires a lot of effort. I don’t even have time to outbound my own domains. If I thought outbound were a good way to spend time I’d do it more myself.

Regular domaining is like fishing - you put your hook and bait out there and when a hungry fish seeking your food comes along, it bites. Outbound is like trying to convince a fish that didn’t even know it was hungry, to bite. It doesn’t work very often.

I agree. It requires more effort than it's worth. But if you're living on the edge needing $$$, then it's better than nothing.

But, I guess if you get good at it, you end up successful like Federer and infosec3 who are pulling in over $5,000 per month on pure outbound.

•••
Some of these claim to be grossing $5k a month with a team of workers making dozens of calls and emails a day but they must be paying their workers slave labor rates to end up with any net profit.

What are the monthly renewal costs for your 1500 domains most of which are apparently not dot com? What is the monthly cost of your team?

After all is said and done what is your net income?

Here in the US five k a month gross revenue minus renewal fees on 1500 domains minus the cost of three full time workers (plus your own time, as a fourth worker) would be a very losing proposition.

Still if you have nothing better to do and your domains aren’t selling otherwise, might be worth a try. But just keep in mind the fishing analogy - you’re trying to convince someone not just to bite but that he’s hungry when he didn’t know he was hungry.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back