Dynadot

Any domainer nomads?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NO, but i have dream of travelling the world, with my domain investment.

•••
My methods of nomadism the last 45 years (off and on):
  • Hitchhiking – The 80’s
  • Tenting – The 80’s/90’s
  • Van life – The 90’s
  • Bobtail/Tractor trailer – Early 2000’s
  • Class “C” – Early 2000’s
  • Class “A” – Current

Quite the progression @Eric Lyon ! But where can you go up from class A for the next step? :xf.smile: (or is class A or C bigger - not into motorhome terminology)

OK not much of a nomad really but my progression is
Tenting 60s
Tenting 70s
Tenting 80s
Personal Cottage / Tenting 90s
Personal Cottage / rented van Early 2000s
Tenting 2016+

I think I have "comfort peaked" and headed down :xf.cool:! But my apartment is less than 1 km from ocean in two directions, so pretty comfortable and nice life without needing to travel much now!

Bob

•••
Quite the progression @Eric Lyon ! But where can you go up from class A for the next step? :xf.smile: (or is class A or C bigger - not into motorhome terminology)

OK not much of a nomad really but my progression is
Tenting 60s
Tenting 70s
Tenting 80s
Personal Cottage / Tenting 90s
Personal Cottage / rented van Early 2000s
Tenting 2016+

I think I have "comfort peaked" and headed down :xf.cool:! But my apartment is less than 1 km from ocean in two directions, so pretty comfortable and nice life without needing to travel much now!

Bob
Nice line up of tenting, van life, and cottage dwelling.

Class B - Is a van fully equipped with an stove (Sometimes an oven), refrigerator, all-in-one toilet/shower, full/queen bed, dinette, A/C, tv, dvd player, stereo, microwave, closets, etc.. for a more comfortable van life experience. Those that have the budget either go this route or custom build to suit their comfort levels. These can be as long as 19ft. or a little longer.

Class C - Is on an extended van or commercial truck chassis, comes with what I listed in the class B, but bigger appliances, more space, and more floor plans available. For example, some units (Bunk houses) can sleep a lot of people. Queen bed in back (2), queen bed over the front of the cab (2), couch pulls out to queen bed (2), dinette converts into a twin bed (1), Single bunk beds on right wall (2). That's 9 people with a bed. Most people don't need bunk houses though so they go with more storage or features instead of more sleeping space. These can be as long as 30ft or a little longer.

Class A - Is on a commercial heavy duty truck chassis, and comes with everything a B or C had and even More. Like a garage in the back of motorhome to park your ATVs, Motorcycles, or tiny car inside. They are harder to maneuver in tight places than the B or C and can be as long as 50ft or a little longer.

As for the next upgrade from our class A when we are ready too, well, a custom bus build (A.k.a. Skoolie) is the best way to go for us with a beefed up suspension system. This gives us more shake, rattle, and roll protection on the road to prevent things from coming lose or breaking with the shaking. It also allows us to have a more dependable roof requiring less maintenance. The metal riveted roof and framing on a bus is much better than the rubber or fiberglass fitted roof (less leaking potential).

(Future) - Maybe a 4x4 too, for a better off-road experience in nature when on BLM (Bureau of land management), National Forests, Army Corp. of Engineers, etc. public lands. Maybe not the RV (Or maybe yes), but at a minimum, a 4x4 toad to pull behind to replace the 4 dr. sedan we pull now on a dolly.

It also gives me the ability to design our own floor-plan, just the way we want it, with better materials than what's used in RVs today.

The funny thing, is that in today's markets, custom bus conversions go up in value over time with antiquity (like investments) when maintained properly. Most RVs continue to lose value, even when maintained regularly, with age. I'm sure the reliability of a bus conversion Vs a motorhome conversion has something to do with it too.

For now though, we'll stick with our class A (Love it) a while as we put the pieces of the next puzzle together along the way.

•••
Not a digital nomad quite yet. But I grind everyday with the goal of living a digital nomad life.
I'd like to be able to work strictly from my laptop from anywhere in the world with Wifi.

•••
•••
for sure.. I was looking at one of them in canada recently..

I came across a cheap one at $20 for life.. then 2-3$ per scanned latter and or forwarded letter.. not a pobox btw

www.canadianaddress.ca

I wonder if not too good to be true...

anyone here use them in canada? or maybe you Eric, with some experience with prices have some thoughts about it.. and if sounds too good to be true.. cause most others here are like 20 or 30 per month...not for life.. hence my suspicions..

what kind of money do u pay for yours Eric?

oops... sorry.. I changed the link but for some reason its still going to the old wrong one I entered at first.. weird..

here it is again :

www.canadianaddress.ca

•••
•••
It's definitely possible with today's rapidly advancing technologies. :) Even before the wifi or online work boom, back in the early 90's I found ways to make traveling and generating revenue work for me. There's literally over 100,000+ different things people can do online for revenue and 10,000+ one can do offline while traveling. :)

Good points:singing:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back