Dynadot

discuss Another Milestone reached; Completed $100K + USD transaction volume on Flippa

NameSilo
Watch

BuyBrandWeb.com

Praveen ChidaboyinaTop Member
Impact
When I was looking at my transaction on Flippa by this time in 2017(August'2017).. it was $1.6K USD then I have changed the business model and try to flip my half of the acquisitions.

By the end of 2017, I had $29.8K USD of transaction volume and I set my target to reach $100K by the end of 2018 but fortunately, I have reached my target and still four months to go. All domains are acquired at low xxx to mid xxx and sold most of the domains for $3K to $6K USD.

I sold most of the domains to end users and sold FamilyMediators.com to auritmediation.com recently.
Some of the end-user sales are VapingSupplies.com, Leaking.com, RedBrain.com, TechnologyAdvisors.com and more. I have discussed the same on here on Namepros (Part-I and Part-II)

I have also discussed my domaining journey here and It'll be a good read for sure!

I'm happy to help if you need any assistance related to Domaining.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats on the Mile stone

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations and thanks for sharing

•••
•••
$1.6k to $100k is an amazing success story that will give many domainers feeling in a down period hope. Thank you for being open in both sharing your experience and offering help to others. You have a real talent at picking names end users like, and I instinctively like most of the names that you shared in Part I and Part II (I particularly like RedBrain).
  1. I apologize if I missed this information, but can you tell us what fraction of your entire portfolio has sold in the past year or so? Or does your post mean half has, which would be an amazing achievement!
  2. Also, now that you have achieved the $100k early, what your plans concerning reinvestment and taking some profits for personal use.

It has now crossed 500 domains. I own around 200 quality domains and remaining are experiments.
I have re-invested the amount in different industries like Crypto, Mutual Funds, Equities, and on domains.

I have discussed the same here
https://www.namepros.com/threads/how-domaining-changed-my-life.1091249/

Congrats!
When it comes to brandables like redbrain.com...how do you find your end users or were most inbound?
There are some end users like Redbrain media and few other companies but for this one, end user visited url and placed a bid!

Hi Praveen... @BuyBrandWeb.com

This is very motivating and insighfuin at same time...

Thanks for sharing your journey...it clearly shows ups and downs...

Is there any way to contact you..
If possible DM me your email address..

Thanks,
Ravi
You have already typed my mail id - remove ".." from Praveen ... @BuyBrandWeb.com
Here is my contact- [email protected]

Congratulations. Another target loading I guess.
Yes, started offering brokerage service and working on few brokerage domains.

•••
Oh...

I was not aware of that...:xf.smile:

Thanks
Ravi

•••
•••
Hi Praveen..
@BuyBrandWeb.com

First of all I didn't realised that I am entering a website in your handle...😁
Lately I was wondering how to track sales reports of domain hacks... surprisingly I found the same in your website..
But can you tell how to check that on NameBio ?!
Thanks for your response and article on the website...
I will contact you on email...

Thanks,
Ravi

•••
Hi Praveen..
@BuyBrandWeb.com

First of all I didn't realised that I am entering a website in your handle...😁
Lately I was wondering how to track sales reports of domain hacks... surprisingly I found the same in your website..
But can you tell how to check that on NameBio ?!
Thanks for your response and article on the website...
I will contact you on email...

Thanks,
Ravi

@Michael has published a blog post on the same and you can visit below link
https://namebio.com/blog/new-feature-search-domain-hacks/

•••
•••
Hi @BuyBrandWeb Please can you explain better on your advise on buying domains. Are these categories of domains going to be on closeout, expired or aged domains? And what is your advise on good keywords hand reg domains? Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
Hi @BuyBrandWeb Please can you explain better on your advise on buying domains. Are these categories of domains going to be on closeout, expired or aged domains? And what is your advise on good keywords hand reg domains? Thanks!
Most of them are expired domains and that are acquired in an auction. I have started with hand registering the domain/ acquired from closeouts then started to place a bid on auctions once I have good capital.

•••
What I learned from this post is that you have set 'targets' and that is all that is required to keep us motivated and work smarter to reach our targets (other than having skills and knowledge of investing in the right domains and pricing them appropriately).

Inspirational success yet motivational story for new comers in the domain investing industry to learn from. Congrats indeed mate.

•••
I apologize if this was covered already, but when creating a listing on Flippa are you using the standard $9 listing fee, the $59 show off listing, or the $249 premium listing fee?

(I assume the $249 wouldn't make sense for most domains you're selling)

•••
I apologize if this was covered already, but when creating a listing on Flippa are you using the standard $9 listing fee, the $59 show off listing, or the $249 premium listing fee?

(I assume the $249 wouldn't make sense for most domains you're selling)
If you look closely, he's using "Premium Public auction". I believe that's the $59 option.

•••
Most of them are expired domains and that are acquired in an auction. I have started with hand registering the acquired from closeouts then started to place a bid on auctions once I have good capital.
Hello praveen, congratulation on your milestone you've reached. Just a few questions; you did mention you started with selling handregged and closeout domains and saved enough before venturing into buying from auction. Like what amount range did you saved before switching to auction. Did you venture wholly into auctions without handregging/buying from closeout when you've saved enough. Are you still handregging domains.

•••
No one will give you the exact answer and no one is going to share their balance sheets.

I had $4K to $5K USD (profit from hand registered /closeout domains) then purchased expired domains in low xxx to mid xxx and flipped it.

Hope it helps.

•••
•••
No one will give you the exact answer and no one is going to share their balance sheets.

I had $4K to $5K USD (profit from hand registered /closeout domains) then purchased expired domains in low xxx to mid xxx and flipped it.

Hope it helps.
Very helpful, thank you.

•••
If you look closely, he's using "Premium Public auction". I believe that's the $59 option.

Makes sense as the $9 seems useless from my past experience with some premium 1 word .io packages I had there while the other option would be too expensive.

•••
Makes sense as the $9 seems useless from my past experience with some premium 1 word .io packages I had there while the other option would be too expensive.

If you have good or premium domain names and a reasonable Reserve or Buy It Now price, Flippa usually promotes the domain name for free. You don't have to pay $59. However, in this case, they charge 20% commission. The normal commission is 15%.

Here is an example:

upload_2018-8-23_23-14-58.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Great job! This just made my day.

•••
•••
No telemarketing. It depends on leads. You cannot say 50 or 100. I'll do follow up once or twice (whoever opened my mail for more than 5 times). Most probably at the end of auction!
What program are you using to track the recipient's actions?

Thank you for sharing your story...

•••
Congrats for the milestone you have just reached @BuyBrandWeb.com. Hard work pays off. Totally deserved success. Do you have a small team reaching out to potential buyers? Has this process become harder after GDPR? Do you use normal gmail accounts or something more professional? Is it better to contact with decision makers or just drop an email to their website?

Appreciate you shared this motivating story, hopefully more to come...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back