IT.COM

information How domaining changed my life

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BuyBrandWeb.com

Praveen ChidaboyinaTop Member
Impact
Did you worry about entering domaining lately or blamed early investors who entered in 1990's or 2000's?
Did you blame marketplaces? Opportunities are everywhere and you need to identify and grab it asap. Read my story here!

I've completed $100k USD+ domain sales in last 10 months and most of them were quick flips and nice ROI. I have now a start-up company(I can work from anywhere and flexi-timings) and providing an employment to two other resources.

I have started domaining in 2014 and I've seen losses in the first one year. I've hand-registered a bunch of domains and trying to sell but no luck (lost around $500 USD). I didn't have an investment to purchase quality domains so focused on dropped domains / Godaddy closeouts. I used to do a full-time job as a software engineer where I need to work more than 10 hours a day + 2 hours for traveling to the office. I spent daily 2 to 3 hours to learn domaining and acquiring domains on initial days. Then slowly started selling domains for low xxxx to mid xxxx. I was in profit by the end of 2015 then started to build a nice portfolio and I have good selling rate in 2016 and 2017!
I spent at least one hour daily to read domaining news feed and analyzing domain sales and marketplaces. I did the same for the last 4 years!

I have changed my strategy in mid-2017 since I have enough budget and started purchasing expired domains

Purchased Renew.al on namepros for $40 USD then sold it for $305 USD and purchased Confirm.co for $284 USD and sold it for $1051 USD within 45 days... It goes on. Below were few sales (quick flips)

upload_2018-7-18_0-42-28.png

I have listed a few sales only and sold many domains. I have sold InstantBitcoins.com for $3850 USD when crypto hits an all-time high. You need to take the right decisions and move on. I have purchased many domains on Namepros and sold it for nice ROI. I have sold Shooting.net for $6000 USD and acquired it on Namepros for $800 USD last month. I was negotiating with the seller for almost three months to get him to agree $800 USD!

Many people blamed Flippa for shill bidding and other things. I didn't have a good network before but I see an opportunity there and I built my network and sold the domains. I have listed "Call To Action" domains on Flippa and outbound to end users (my most of the Flippa sales went to end users like vrio, dispatchsoftware.com, vapingsupplies.com, riversiderealty.com, redbrain.com...)

Am I doing quick flips? The answer is no, I'm building a nice portfolio like Singl.es (rejected $10k offer), Confirmation.org (Rejected $2k offer), PrimeXchange.com, TechnoGate.com, AbApartments.com, VSSD.com, EliteBenefits.com, HeritageAdvisors.com, VgNL.com, TechM.com, ....

I have resigned to my daytime job four months ago and I'm now full-time domainer and doing with good with domains!
I didn't depend on domain sales completely and started developing websites. I have solid sales for last 10 months (invested 10% of domain sales profits on Crypto and another 15% on Stock market and mutual funds),.. spent 40% of domain sales on re-investing on domains.

Domain investing is changing from time to time and need to adapt to it. I'm doing a lot of experiments with domains and still learning new things!

Most of the domains are hosted with efty.com and sold several domains privately. @Doron Vermaat Thank you for such a wonderful platform!

I have used Uniregistry brokerage service as well and they sold 2 domains in last 7 months. @Domain Shane - Thank you for your suggestion to use it.
I love to read DSAD's daily list and Shane's intro(it motivated me many times) and had success with it. I purchased Leaking.com, HeatingSupplies.com and few other domains after seeing it on DSAD's daily list and sold Leaking.com for $7,827 USD with 43 days!
I'm a big fan of Shane and he is my Guru! Thank you, Shane, for your help and suggestions!

I have experimented with Fasthosts promo and sold two domains ($1100 USD profit). And listed 10% of my domains on Undeveloped recently and sold 1 domain so far.

It's now time to mention thanks to industry pros (@James Iles, @Ali, @Acroplex, @equity78, @AbdulBasit.com, @Michael, @Michael Cyger, Francois Carrillo (@DomainingCom), ...)who helped me to gain good knowledge.

I love to read DomainInvesting.com, TheDomains.com, DomainNameWire.com, DotWeekly.com, Namebio.com's sales, DomainGang.com, OnlineDomain.com, Dnjournal.com and few other blogs.

Thank you @Eric Lyon and namepros.com team for providing free resources to learn domaining.

Thank you, everyone, who helped me to improve my domaining skills.

I believe, domaining is a systematic investment and changes from time to time. You need to adapt it and it requires a lot of patience. Opportunites are everywhere and you need to have some liquidity purchase the new domains( Don't burn all your cash on a single domain). If you want to be an overnight millionaire or billionaire then domaining may not suit for you!

I hope my store motivates you and as always you're welcome to share your stories!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great post! Highly motivating.

For your one point regarding Flippa : "I didn't have a good network before but I see an opportunity there and I built my network"

==> Can you please help in understanding about what you mean when you say "I built my network"?

•••
•••
great stuff.
thanks for sharing this

a few points to note:

1- the biggest errror new domainers make is to think domaining is easy quick money with little time and effort input needed. the truth is the exact opposite of this.

2- great majority of domainers who started as recently as you, are not in a position you are in today... in terms of profit margins and current owned assets... furthermore, most of them will never reach this position either.

3- while your story does not (unfortnately) represent majority or even the average domainer, it does show the important thing which is that it is possible with much effort and time and right choices (which of course in themselves come from proper effort and time and learning) to become a successful fulltime domainer... even if one started only within the last few years!

cheers
happy domaining all

•••
Did you worry about entering domaining lately or blamed early investors who entered in 1990's or 2000's?
Did you blame marketplaces? Opportunities are everywhere and you need to identify and grab it asap. Read my story here!

I've completed $100k USD+ domain sales in last 10 months and most of them were quick flips and nice ROI. I have now a start-up company(I can work from anywhere and flexi-timings) and providing an employment to two other resources.

I have started domaining in 2014 and I've seen losses in the first one year. I've hand-registered a bunch of domains and trying to sell but no luck (lost around $500 USD). I didn't have an investment to purchase quality domains so focused on dropped domains / Godaddy closeouts. I used to do a full-time job as a software engineer where I need to work more than 10 hours a day + 2 hours for traveling to the office. I spent daily 2 to 3 hours to learn domaining and acquiring domains on initial days. Then slowly started selling domains for low xxxx to mid xxxx. I was in profit by the end of 2015 then started to build a nice portfolio and I have good selling rate in 2016 and 2017!
I spent at least one hour daily to read domaining news feed and analyzing domain sales and marketplaces. I did the same for the last 4 years!

I have changed my strategy in mid-2017 since I have enough budget and started purchasing expired domains

Purchased Renew.al on namepros for $40 USD then sold it for $305 USD and purchased Confirm.co for $284 USD and sold it for $1051 USD within 45 days... It goes on. Below were few sales (quick flips)

Show attachment 93278

I have listed a few sales only and sold many domains. I have sold InstantBitcoins.com for $3850 USD when crypto hits an all-time high. You need to take the right decisions and move on. I have purchased many domains on Namepros and sold it for nice ROI. I have sold Shooting.net for $6000 USD and acquired it on Namepros for $800 USD last month. I was negotiating with the seller for almost three months to get him to agree $800 USD!

Many people blamed Flippa for shill bidding and other things. I didn't have a good network before but I see an opportunity there and I built my network and sold the domains. I have listed "Call To Action" domains on Flippa and outbound to end users (my most of the Flippa sales went to end users like vrio, dispatchsoftware.com, vapingsupplies.com, riversiderealty.com, redbrain.com...)

Am I doing quick flips? The answer is no, I'm building a nice portfolio like Singl.es (rejected $10k offer), Confirmation.org (Rejected $2k offer), PrimeXchange.com, TechnoGate.com, AbApartments.com, VSSD.com, EliteBenefits.com, HeritageAdvisors.com, VgNL.com, TechM.com, ....

I have resigned to my daytime job four months ago and I'm now full-time domainer and doing with good with domains!
I didn't depend on domain sales completely and started developing websites. I have solid sales for last 10 months (invested 10% of domain sales profits on Crypto and another 15% on Stock market and mutual funds),.. spent 40% of domain sales on re-investing on domains.

Domain investing is changing from time to time and need to adapt to it. I'm doing a lot of experiments with domains and still learning new things!

Most of the domains are hosted with efty.com and sold several domains privately. @Doron Vermaat Thank you for such a wonderful platform!

I have used Uniregistry brokerage service as well and they sold 2 domains in last 7 months. @Domain Shane - Thank you for your suggestion to use it.
I love to read DSAD's daily list and Shane's intro(it motivated me many times) and had success with it. I purchased Leaking.com, HeatingSupplies.com and few other domains after seeing it on DSAD's daily list and sold Leaking.com for $7,827 USD with 43 days!
I'm a big fan of Shane and he is my Guru! Thank you, Shane, for your help and suggestions!

I have experimented with Fasthosts promo and sold two domains ($1100 USD profit). And listed 10% of my domains on Undeveloped recently and sold 1 domain so far.

It's now time to mention thanks to industry pros (@James Iles, @Ali, @Acroplex, @equity78, @AbdulBasit.com, @Michael, @Michael Cyger @Francois Carrillo ..)who helped me to gain good knowledge.

I love to read DomainInvesting.com, TheDomains.com, DomainNameWire.com, DotWeekly.com, Namebio.com's sales, DomainGang.com, OnlineDomain.com, Dnjournal.com and few other blogs.

Thank you @Eric Lyon and namepros.com team for providing free resources to learn domaining.

Thank you, everyone, who helped me to improve my domaining skills.

I believe, domaining is a systematic investment and changes from time to time. You need to adapt it and it requires a lot of patience. Opportunites are everywhere and you need to have some liquidity purchase the new domains( Don't burn all your cash on a single domain). If you want to be an overnight millionaire or billionaire then domaining may not suit for you!

I hope my store motivates you and as always you're welcome to share your stories!
Congrats for your sales. I've noticed that the average acquisition price is mid xxx or more. I'm wondering what's the average acquisition price and how big it's your portofolio. It's great to have 100k sale, but I think that's important the net profit on your portofolio as well. Thanks for sharing.

•••
Great to hear stories like this one .. congrats! :)

Interesting to see someone really having success with Flippa .. seems a lot of domainers have been down on Flippa this past year or so.

Best wishes that the success continues! :)

•••
•••
It's certainly possible to make good money still. Congrats on the sales.

•••
Great story...congrats. You should be proud.

Thanks for sharing.

•••
I love to read stories like these and it's nice to see Efty has been such an integral part of your success. Thank you for sharing your journey into domaining with us all.

•••
•••
Congrats and Many thanks for sharing your "domain adventures". It is educating, informative, as well as encouraging.

•••
Always happy to read such motivational and inspiring stories. Thanks for sharing with lot of information and being very open :)

Best wishes! (y)

•••
thanks for sharing, its highly motivating

•••
Great post! Highly motivating.

For your one point regarding Flippa : "I didn't have a good network before but I see an opportunity there and I built my network"

==> Can you please help in understanding about what you mean when you say "I built my network"?
I have listed most of the domains with no reserve and each auction has links to other open auctions + watch the seller link. Flippa will help your listing if you set a reasonable reserve.
I can see your listing imminity.net has already selected for Flippa's EC!
great stuff.
thanks for sharing this

while your story does not (unfortnately) represent majority or even the average domainer, it does show the important thing which is that it is possible with much effort and time and right choices (which of course in themselves come from proper effort and time and learning) to become a successful fulltime domainer... even if one started only within the last few years!

cheers
happy domaining all
Thanks.

Congrats for your sales. I've noticed that the average acquisition price is mid xxx or more. I'm wondering what's the average acquisition price and how big it's your portofolio. It's great to have 100k sale, but I think that's important the net profit on your portofolio as well. Thanks for sharing.

I have mentioned quick flips only but I have sold many closeout domains or hand registered domains for xxxx amount like GrandCountyRealestate.com, SellerSoftware.com, HollandCity.com...all were acquired below $100 USD

I have focused on quality over quantity!. I'll purchase 2 to 3 domains a week sometimes none if auction price goes above my price!

I have now less than 150 quality domains and 200 to 250 - mediocre name and another 200 domains that I'm experimenting!
I have mentioned $100k + but I did morethan $130k + sales and $75k + profit if consider acquisition costs + Flippa's commission but I have already mentioned that profit amount again invested on different verticals and also on domains.

What are you saying to the end users? What template are you using and how many people are you e-mailing?

Sample format:

Hi,
We have Migrate.org for sale and auction on Flippa.
https://flippa.com/9769720-migrate-org

You might be interested in it!
Don't spam all and my team will contact well-qualified leads only!

•••
I love to read stories like these and it's nice to see Efty has been such an integral part of your success. Thank you for sharing your journey into domaining with us all.

I'm also a fan of your blog DnGeek.com and love to read brandable domain sales or insights about brandable domains. @Keith DeBoer - Thank you for your articles/ insights.

I'm not sure why you stopped publishing the seed/venture capital funded domains series.

•••
I would like to take an opportunity and mention thanks to @Soofi who is building and contributing to Indian domaining industry. I'm part of his internal group and it has provided such a great platform to interact with other fellow domainers in Indian community!

•••
Always happy to read such motivational and inspiring stories. Thanks for sharing with lot of information and being very open :)

Best wishes! (y)
Sorry, I have forgotten to mention your blog as well. I love to read your "acquisition and sales" articles and looking forward to seeing more articles from your blog!

•••
Great job Praveen - you deserve it!(y)

•••
Great story. Thanks for sharing.

•••
Thanks for providing such a great success story. You're doing awesome! Your earnings from domaining are huge when considering average income in India.

•••
Thank you for sharing this. Some very nice info contained within and ever more proof that if you want it you need to go out and get it, you cannot just stand back and wait for it to come to you.

•••
Congratulations, and thank you for the kind comments. I am humbled to have indirectly influenced your success. The kudos is all yours.

The fun part: I sold Shoot.net for around the same amount ($6,200) several years ago. :)

•••
It was fascinating to read your story!

I've one question though. If you rely on outbound for your Flippa sales, have things got difficult for you after GDPR came into effect as apparently the contact details for most end users is hidden?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back