Domain Empire

Another few questions...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PoorDoggie

Soon to be RICHdoggie!VIP Member
Impact
Hello. sorry to kwwp bothering you but I would like to ask a few questions....

I I were to buy a domain from someone do I need to sign up to the same registrar as he seller? So if they are selling a domain from godaddy do I need a godaddy account or can I just use my own registrar? I have a website the domain manager of which is located at ecomedia.

Secondly... if I were to buy a domain from someone, would I have to pay the person and then pay per month for it or is the sale price the only payment till it expires and I have to renew it?

Thanks a lot! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PoorDoggie said:
I I were to buy a domain from someone do I need to sign up to the same registrar as he seller?
PoorDoggie said:
So if they are selling a domain from godaddy do I need a godaddy account or can I just use my own registrar? I have a website the domain manager of which is located at ecomedia.

Not necessarily. You can have the name transferred, but there may be some
complications.

Consider these:

1. Has the domain name's ownership been transferred to you already, meaning
it has your name and contact details (especially email)?

2. Has the domain name been registered for less than 60 days? There's a
current rule prohibiting domain registrar transfers if it falls under this, so you
can transfer only after 60 days from the registration date.

PoorDoggie said:
Secondly... if I were to buy a domain from someone, would I have to pay the person and then pay per month for it or is the sale price the only payment till it expires and I have to renew it?

Thanks a lot! :)

That's something you have to negotiate with the current owner. Consider also
how soon the domain name will expire.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back