IT.COM

Another Appraisal Scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Received this email for a $10 worth domain of mine. I though to share it for the benefit of other (If they are not aware about this)

1st eMail
On 10/10/2013 2:06 PM, [email protected] wrote:
> Hello!
>
> My client is an investor from UAE (Dubai.) He doesn't speak English well and I will help him to purchase your ****.com.
>
> Please respond and specify a desired price in the subject line.
>
> If you have other names for sale please email me your list with prices.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jacob Portman
>
> Sales Manager
>
> VPS Services
>
> Switzerland
> Basel
> am krayenrain 9
> Phone: 0041763987831

Price $450

Regards

2nd eMail
My buyer pays me a commission on every domain sale - 10%. So I'm not interested in low ball sales. I suggest you to change your price to $5000. Of course, the budget of my client is not inlimited but he can afford 5000 sales without problems. Ok?
He has 135,000 usd budget for 40-50 domain names.

How can we pay you (PayPal, Western Union, escrow.com etc.)? If this is your first time domain sale I may help you with the sale/transfer process.

Are you a member of domain seller communities/forums? Probably, we know each other under some nicknames?

OK, I like to charge $5000

Final eMail (Caught In Action)

Ok. Great! Before we proceed my investor needs only one thing from you:

My client needs an official certificate of price (appraisal) as a proof of your market price. He also needs to know you have no trademark problems. It won't be a problem for you since some official appraisers include this option (trademark infringement verification) as a part of the appraisal service.

Without the appraisal he cannot be 100% sure in the final sale price. The appraisal will help determine the true value of your domain's worth so you can maximize profits during the sale. On the other hand, it will minimize his risks too.

To avoid mistakes and wasting money on useless automated services I asked in the forum about reliable manual valuation/TM verification services. Please read this (my nick was Domain-Realtor there): http://answers-google.net/answers/threadview5412381.htm

If you order appraisal at any other source you risk to get a 300-400 usd appraisal. It's not acceptable for me because my commission upon sale will be very low. So you may pay twice for another appraisal in this case.

My preferred appraisal company gives much better values and the most important part: my client trusts them. They also provide a free trademark infringement verification as a bonus to the appraisal service.

The process is very easy:

1. Go to the official appraisal site recommended in the forum link above and order the valuation with the TM verification. Just email them your domains and write that you have a buyer with $X,XXX offer so you need the appraisal near this value. After several hours you will get the results.

2. Then send these results via email and we'll proceed with the deal.If you are new to the appraisal process I can help you with a step by step instructions.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got one of these emails once...

I told them that I ordered the appraisal and gave them a fake receipt number. They went bonkers trying to find it and then got mad at me and called me a "big baby."

Wish I would have kept the emails... they was quite hilarious.

•••
"I'm not happy with paying $450 dollars for your domain. How about $5000 instead?" Man, I sure wish people like this actually existed. lol

•••
This is too funny - so they tell the seller to raise the price, THEN ask for an appraisal?

How can we pay you (PayPal, Western Union, escrow.com etc.)? If this is your first time domain sale I may help you with the sale/transfer process.

Are you a member of domain seller communities/forums? Probably, we know each other under some nicknames?

Those lines are straight from the "Appraisal Scam Template."

Wonder who picks up on that phone?

•••
At least this scam is very funny...

•••
I have got like 3 or maybe 4 fake enquires from these same guys for different different domains. @asp-web-hosting.biz is same just the username is different.

•••
You should respond back and say: "what would your boss think about your selling tactics?" lol

•••
My "buyer" was Japanese.

I responded by saying that I read,write, and speak Japanese and would be very happy to deal direct as it may be beneficial to the broker.

No response. :p

•••
I got one here...should i share their email and the domain appraisal website they referred to me? ;)

I will share the details once the man/woman replies to him asking them to pay the appraisal fee :)

Anyone wants to ask these guys some tough question.. now is the right time.

Last edited:
•••
For the benefit of all you can checkout how these guys work from this blog post virtualworker.me/domaintrademarks-net-certification-scam-review/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back