Domain Empire

Another appraisal scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Well this is my first from this lot but due to alerts here and knowing the name wasnt worth what i sent back to them ($5000 :p ) then i didnt fall for it.

Domain in question Promethazine.info

Heres what i got sent.

From Innovation Group <[email protected]>

Hello,

I saw your domain was listed for sale. Are you still interested in selling?.

Please email me your desired price. Don't ask to make an offer. Just email the desired price.

By the way, did you receive offers from other buyers?

Buying and selling domain names is not my main business. Just another way to invest money and make additional income.

Best regards,

Stephen Shapiro, Ph.D.
Owner
Innovation Group

So i sent back price of $5000 as i knew right away SCAM.

Heres what they sent the usual guff.

5,000 USD. Ok.

Do you sell a developed site or domain only? I prefer domain names.

Do you have an independent valuation from industry experts (appraisal)? I
need an appraisal certificate for domain priced in your range. I consider
your name as an investment. In other words I'm going to sell your name later
and make a profit. If I overpay I won't be able to make a profit in the
future. It's very important for you and me to know the current market value
of your domain.

Of course, we must be sure that you are engaging a reputable appraisal
company. Please note that I don't trust free or cheap appraisals.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies
in a forum

http://domaintalk.ourplace.com/Archive/42065.htm

Juck check this posting.

After I verify an appraisal from you we'll continue our negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: www.PayPal.com, www.escrow.com, check or
wire?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply

:td:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This scam has been around since the first domain forum.
everydayincome AKA allfordomains did it for a long time as did many others.

Also beware of the "We'll email your offer to 2000 interested buyers for $XX"
They used to mail the offers to email addresses harvested from domain forums.

•••
I Got mine too...

Hello,

I need to know your price for the domain. Please send it via email.

Did you get offers from other people?

I run a software company. We develop client-server systems and databases in Oracle for a local company. Buying and selling domain names is not my main business. Just another way to invest money and make additional income.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Best regards,
Michael Kayser Ph.D.
President
BON Software Engineering

•••
Hello there.

It happened to me also a long time ago and I asked for appraisals from other sites (and not the one he "recomended").

Too good I was able to get all my money back when I explained the scam.

However, WE ARE INFORMED, but these SOAB are stealing a lot of money from people.

This scam must go to a major newspaper or site in order to inform everyone on this!

I tried SlashDot and Digg before with no luck...morons! They thought I was doing spam myself when all I want was to help other people!!!

•••
Just wanted to let you know that KevinVane@cashette is still in business - the appraisalpros.info scam, looks like he's keeping the same format and content, but adding a more personal touch:

"Hi, I saw you were selling the domain geek-s.com and was wondering if you still have it forsale? I have around $500 to spend for your domain. Is that fine with you or to low?

Do you have an independent valuation from industry experts [appraisal]?... I've looked around and found that www.appraisalpros.info is a very modest appraisal service..."

At least I know enough to do a quick search here first... Thank you Namepros for encouraging newbies to do searches on your forum.

•••
Kevin Vane

I received this email today, and after reading some posts, I know the offer is not legit. Thanks guys...... I think I'll try to have some fun with this though.

Hi,

I saw you were selling the domain abcmobiletv.com and was wondering if you still have it forsale? I have around $500 to spend for your domain. Is that fine with you or to low?

Do you have an independent valuation from industry experts [appraisal]? The reason I ask it because I buy, wait a little while and resale it. If I am to resale it, I would need to be able to make a profit and an appraisal helps me make that decision.

I've looked around and found that www.appraisalpros.info is a very modest appraisal service and we both can make a good deal and not get screwed by underpricing or overpricing it.

If we agree on a price, how do you accept payments? Paypal.com?

Thanks and have a great day,
Kevin

•••
He changed his name , not Michael Kayat Ph.D. anymore...lol...

"Looking forward to do business with you.

Best regards,
Robert Johansen Ph.D.
CEO
Opera Engineering"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back