IT.COM

Another Appraisal Scam email.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DotWeekly

DotWeekly FounderVIP Member
DotWeekly Staff
Impact
Below is a Scam email that I just got. This has been around for awhile, but I just wanted to point it out again, since I just got this a couple seconds ago.

Hello,

Please email a price you can accept for your domain name.

Our company develops software for multiple video systems. Domain names is not our business but a new way to earn on reselling. We are going to buy domains to resell them at higher prices. Our company has a large database of clients interested in good domains.

If you offer more domains for sale with good reselling potential please email us your list.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,
Jacob Cohen, Ph. D.
CEO
TGN Technologies

email address used: [email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yofie said:
Below is a Scam email that I just got. This has been around for awhile, but I just wanted to point it out again, since I just got this a couple seconds ago.

Hello,

Please email a price you can accept for your domain name.

Our company develops software for multiple video systems. Domain names is not our business but a new way to earn on reselling. We are going to buy domains to resell them at higher prices. Our company has a large database of clients interested in good domains.

If you offer more domains for sale with good reselling potential please email us your list.

Regards,
Jacob Cohen, Ph. D.
CEO
TGN Technologies

email address used: cohen@[B][COLOR=Red]toughguy.net[/COLOR][/B]

Hello,

I just saw that I received a mail with an offer for my domain obale.com from that email-address toughguy.net.

Hello,

We are interested in obale.com

Your name was listed for sale. Please let us know your price.

Our company provides IT security services ...etcetc

hmm seems to be another scam email then ...

SCAMMER EMAIL: ferguson@[B]toughguy.net [/B]

Last edited:
•••
here is another one, i got over one month ago

Hello,

We are interested in v8i.biz

Your name was listed in online auction. What is your price for the name?

Our company is involved in software development/support business.

Now domain invetsing/reselling is just an additional direction of our investment strategy.

Regards,
Anthony Garringer
President
TGNet Consulting

[email protected]

ps. ups i really wanted to send money for appraisal for him but i've spent too much money for other domains good for me :hi:

Last edited:
•••
yeah i also received 2 or 3 emails from this domain "toughguy.net" in past 3-4 months and they are all scam

•••
Last edited:
•••
Domain Appraisal Scam

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure it's the same guy that annoyed me so much about a year ago that I made www.domainappraisalscam.com. I'm happy to be helping to expose this scam.

Stay safe all.

•••
Also got one in my spam mail today.....

Hello,

We are interested in xxxx.com

Our works in information technology industry. Our clients are mainly from Europe, Australia, USA and Canada.

So investing in names is just a part of our investment strategy.

Regards,
Shannon Norris
President
TGN Services

•••
•••
I have been catch by this scam

I received the following message on december 20. And guest what... I ordered the damn appraisal... And worse, I subscribe to reply to wanted domain forum. Man... i'm not proud of me. :'(

What are your advise ? I contacted plimus and asked for refund. Also called my credit card company. What else should i do ?

Thanks...

from : TNG Services [mailto:[email protected]] Sent : 20 december 2007 05:29

Hello,

We are interested in xxxxxxxxx.net

Our works in information technology industry. Our clients are mainly from Europe, Australia, USA and Canada.

Regards,
Samuel Norris
President
TNG Services

and then

I'm a busy person who does not have enough time for bidding wars :)

Your auction page does not contain asking price.

I need to know the lowest price you can accept.

What is your price range: $9,000 or $10,000 or even higher?

I'm sure it will take a lot of time and efforts to find someone who will offer you more.

and again

Hello,

Sorry for delay with reply. Today I became a father. It's an amazing feeling! It's a boy!

Let's get back to our business

xxxxx$. Ok.

Do you sell domain with a web site or just name?

If just name it's ok. Web site is not necessary.

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain appraisals.

Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too.

But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies in a forum http://domaintalk.ourplace.com/Archive/730581.htm

Just check this posting.

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain
it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.

•••
Just got this on a newly registered name. It was from [email protected]

Hello,

We are interested in XXXXXXXXX.xxx

Our works in information technology industry. Our clients are mainly from
Europe, Australia, USA and Canada.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Regards,
Anthony Norris
President
TNG Services

•••
I got

Hello,

We are interested in *****.org

Your name was auctioned for sale.

Main direction of our business is network protection and intrusin detection systems.

So Internet names is just a part of our investment strategy.

Regards,
George Daley
Vice President
ITG Software Systems

I reply

He reply back

This is not a real appraisal.

Sellers always provide buyers with valuations. This is a common practice.

I don't trust $14 like GoDaddy's valuation service. Nobody will do a research for $14. We need a real manual service.

I researched several companies and here are the results:

I considered www.Afternic.com, but now it's clear their service is not reliable enough.
Just read this:
http://www.igoldrush.com/links3.htm
"Capsule Review: After lots of complaints, Afternic is no longer a recommended service. We will re-review the service in the near future."

Another complaint
http://www.out-law.com/page-1630

I was told about manual research service from http://www.DomainMart.com but it's very expensive - $200/hour.

Many experienced sellers suggested me www.DomainSecondHand.com as a trustworth manual service. Fortunately, it's not so expensive.

•••
Thanks to all this post. I got email like that too... I'm googling and find this thread. Thanks. And always beware...

•••
•••
I also got an email about a month ago
Email:[email protected]
And because i am a newbie in the domain industry i falled for it and spend like 60$.I am such an idiot.Can i do anything to get my money back?
These people have to stop!They are illegal and are making money from domain newbies.There should be a way to stop them!
Thanks

•••
Ive been had by this guy & went for the appraisel he suggested, dont tell me thats a scam as well.

•••
There is another version now also...just got this one....it had tng in the header, but then TNN in the footer..it also came from a phreaker account.

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:43:34 +0300

Hello,

Just let me know your price for xx.xxx. I regularly check domain auctions and your name has good potential.

We are working on software market. So Internet names is just a part of our investment strategy. Reselling brings us some additional income.

Regards,
Andreas Winski
Vice President
TNN Technologies
============================================================================
NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.

===========================================================================

cybernetic said:
Hi all,

I'm pretty sure it's the same guy that annoyed me so much about a year ago that I made www.domainappraisalscam.com. I'm happy to be helping to expose this scam.

Stay safe all.

I wanted to add more info from the TNG letters, but when I try to get to your site, I am redirected to an appraisal site. I dont know what to think now, as wasnt his point to get ppl to have an appraisal done? and doesnt this accomplish the same thing. I mean, if you were him, havent you assomplished the same ends, but instead now you look like the good guy?
i am not accusing either way, i'm just saying........

•••
Got the same scam today from [email protected] :
Hello,

We are interested in domain.ext

I'm surfing sites with domain names every week to find the best offers. In my eyes, your domain has potential. What is your price?

Software is our main business. So reselling gives us only an additional income opportunity.

Regards,
Darren Marinovich
Vice President
PHR Group

Note how he's using the "legal notice" to avoid people reporting problems :
Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.

I was smelling something but decided to reply :
Hello,

I have my owns plans to develop the website, but as I'm involved in other time-consuming projects at the moment, I could eventually sell but to an end-user wanting to offer a nice website on (the domain topic). You don't seem to be an end-user, however if you make me an offer between domainer and end-user price I will consider it (please offer by Sedo, http://sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=domain.ext).

Regards,
guix

Then his reply :
Can you accept 12,000 USD?

Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name?

Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary.

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain appraisals.

Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too.

But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies.

Please check this posting from archive:
http://domaintalk.007sites.com/Archive/270104.htm

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.

I asked the NPers some help and they told be about this cam : http://www.namepros.com/domain-newbies/442753-buyer-seems-strange-and-asks-appraisal.html

And finally reporting here.

•••
Yeah, the same guy (or girl) again with the same silly email.
Must be very dump person ...!

I've reported them to phreaker.net where his email is from. Let's see if they cancel his account.

My suggestion:
Report all of these guys to their email provider as soon they appear and insist to block and cancel their email accounts!
If the provider dont take action instantly he will be accessary to any demages caused as well!

I think the hard way only works to prevent honest people from this kind of loser!

----------------------------------
PHR Group <[email protected]>

Hello,

We are interested in xxxxxxxx.com

I'm surfing sites with domain names every week to find the best offers. In my eyes, your domain has potential. What is your price?

Software is our main business. So reselling gives us only an additional income opportunity.

Regards,
Darren Marinovich
Vice President
PHR Group

A short message to Mr. X:
Pack your shit Schleprock and look out for a honest job insted to proof your stupidity anew!
You are leaked out!

•••
•••
Really-really suck.

Do you know how many people was injury with him?

•••
Hello friends
Thankfully I did a web search for this Darren Marinovich and I found this website with the warnings. Like member Quix I received the exact email message and it looked legitimate but when he offered 2k more than what I was asking I got suspicious and did the goggle search. Thanks to Namepros I didn't get taken and to answer Jeng I didn't receive any injuries :)

On a different note of scams around 5 years ago I was selling a large priced item on ebay and got the payment in the form of a payroll check for 4k more than what the item was worth. It was a pepboys Payroll check and the guy tried to pass it off as legitimate. I didn't fall for it but one of my neighbors fell for the scam and it cost her close to 10k dollars and lots of legal headaches. The checks were live and were open checks meaning they would go through and clear but when the accounting department gets the check back they will file a fraudulent check claim and persure legal action.
Luckily the lady had all the ebay forms and emails to back up her claim that it wasn't her and she was a victim too.

If it smells a little bad always do a google search!

•••
First Heard from him 2006 ? Wait till he reads his stat page "Not so Tough now Guy"

will not paste page as i do not wish to be accused of spam.

•••
forget it

q

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
I just got burned on this one today - dropped $50 on this appraisal- and then asked for some advice on their lack of interest after appraisal... and was pointed to this thread by a fantastic NamePros mbr... all too late im afraid tho'... oh well...

•••
dattkidd said:
I just got burned on this one today - dropped $50 on this appraisal- and then asked for some advice on their lack of interest after appraisal... and was pointed to this thread by a fantastic NamePros mbr... all too late im afraid tho'... oh well...

Depending on how you paid you may be able to do a chargeback, this is one of the few occasions when I think a chargeback is completely appropriate. I got hit by these scammers when I regged one of my first names back in 2005. Just MHO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back