Domain Empire

Annnoying why some good threads are closed & for no obvious reason

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
One of the things I find really super annoying about this forum is how some good threads are closed and without obvious reasons.

For example, the main reason I visited namepros.com (possibly the only reason - other days too) is an amazing and very rare type of thread how a member named 'olderguy' deals in gigantic revenue numbers and appears to also think there are other members here like him.

I visited today to see if there were new posts in this thread http://www.namepros.com/parking-and-traffic-monetization/729956-how-many-here-doing-over-100k.html and also ask the OP an important question but it was surprisingly marked closed for some mysterious reason.

Interesting threads like that one make the forum worth visiting, ceratinly not the vast number of no value or semi-worthless for sale threads. IMO, not smart for a forum to close any threads unless here are rule violations, especially valuable or entertaining ones.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From what I can see, the thread was closed due to the OP removing the content of the first post.

•••
One of the things I find really super annoying about this forum is how some good threads are closed and without obvious reasons.

For example, the main reason I visited namepros.com (possibly the only reason - other days too) is an amazing and very rare type of thread how a member named 'olderguy' deals in gigantic revenue numbers and appears to also think there are other members here like him.

The OP didn't get what he wanted and most people misread his original thread. He didn't claim to be earning himself 400K a month - he claimed revenue of 400K a month on XML syndication. Granted his take home pay would still dwarf mine but it's not a case of every penny in being pocketed.

He also wasn't looking for people making 100K a month on pure parking revenue. He was looking to expand his business into parking (the types of companies that buy the syndicated XML feed).

I think the response from Bodis was the point where he gave up and moved on.

Having said all that, I could very well have misunderstood myself. In a sense I think sometimes threads should be closed - often a lot of people just respond to threads that are near the top of the "last updated" after the original question has been answered. In this case, the OP clearly felt it had when he updated the first post.

I get tired of threads getting updated 10-20 days after the last input from the OP on an event that was somewhat current in nature (for example - "Sedo is a Scam" how long should a wire transfer take ..... )

I think to close or not close is a balancing act. Perhaps what is needed is just a note at the end of the thread explaining why the thread was closed (without the timestamp shunting it to the top of the last updated again, if that 's possible with vB - if not I would suggest that as an enhancement).

•••
It could have been a good thread, but some of the posters who responded (not you, David) seemed more keen to appear clever at the OP's expense than to seriously try to find out whether there was anything in his claims. Either way, it was a learning opportunity wasted.

•••
......He also wasn't looking for people making 100K a month on pure parking revenue.

Thanks for the reply but the thread title (which he could not delete) said "How many here are doing over $100k a month in parking revenues." That's a reason why it was assumed he must be doing at least 100k a month himself in PPC as 100k a month or more seemed to be his threshold.

My question to him if he is still here is what is his actual ppc income?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back