domain Anglomania . com

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

MatiasG

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys, what do you think about my domain Anglomania . com ?

I'm new to domains but from the little I know, I can think of these 3 things:

1) Anglomania is a dictionary word which tends to be highly valuable
2) Anglomania is, however, an infrequently used word which removes a lot of the value from 1)
3) From a commercial use point of view, it could be used to create online stores for all things Britain: t-shirts & objects decorated with the UnionJack flag, memorabilia and collectibles, tea sets and gifts, royal family merchandise, etc.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
There are two prices that you have to think about, the domainer reseller market (i.e. one of us miserable lot who will want it as cheap as possible to then make a profit on by selling it to an end user) and the end user market (a buyer planning to utilise it as their website for their products to sell to their customers. These two values can of course be amazingly different.

Value to a reseller is likely to be between $500 - $1,000 (depending on whether the prospective buyer has already a client in mind to sell on to, and of course how tight fisted or not they (we) are. LOL)

Now to the more important value, that to a prospective end user. Again this can be quite a broad spectrum depending on the usage planned by the end user and how deep their pockets are.

(Before I give a price it should be noted that the term 'Anglomania' has a decidedly negative inference with some, though this is not all bad as that negative inference actually is countered by others therefore seeing it as a positive inference. But this does make the domain name breadth of values even wider than normal.)

So I reckon with marketing the domain correctly (try getting the fact that you are selling 'Anglomania.com' in the national press if you can) then I reckon you are looking at $2,500 - $10,000. (It would not take that many t-shirt sales to recoup that higher price. :xf.wink: ) You might also want to sell it by instalment payments or even just lease the domain, both of which would increase the number of potential end users who could be interested in utilising the domain. If you do consider instalment payments or leasing then I would suggest you take a look at Epik.com and/or Dan.com for listing the domain.

Sorry the figures are so wide in this instance, but hope the above helps.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you so much for this explanation, @TheBaldOne !

I hadn't even thought of leasing but I'll def explore that avenue now.

Regarding the name. Yes, it's a bit of an ambiguous term. It can sound like a "mania" in the obsessive, maniacal, unhealthy sense, or more positive as in the "fan of all things British" sense.

What I think limits a bit its potential is that not that many people want to specifically open a store of British merchandise. It's a bit niche. So that end-user can take many, many years to appear, I reckon. Which on the other hand is quite normal in domaining, I understand: to hold domains for years until the right user comes up.

When you mention "try getting the fact that you are selling 'Anglomania.com' in the national press" you mean that there's some cheap trick/way to have this happen? I suppose there isn't but since I'm new and hopeful I thought I'd ask lol

•••
@MatiasG - I will PM you later today with some ideas on how to try achieving it.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back