IT.COM

opinion Anchor text Link starting with digits? Buy or no Buy

NameSilo
Watch

Would you still buy it?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    0.0%
  • No

votes
    0.0%
  • Possibly depends on--enter reply answer.

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

WebNameTOP

Upgraded Member
Impact
So since I used .xxx to mean covering any site extension not Adult please don't move this thread my last one got moved to adult. Still scratching my head on that one.

When looking at some of the domains expiring or expired does seeing the top anchor looking like that or some are even showing empty anchor in SEM RUSH etc..? Keep you from buying?

some of the links are obviously coming from link farms. So my question is have you bought a domain like that what are your experiences? I see a couple of domains I was researching last couple days that seem to have some of those as an anchor which I assume means they bought an seo package or something that ended up create links that start with #s.domainname. com or net or whatever.
My gut says if that is the only or 90% of links dont buy it but if its like 50% and then other anchors are more normal would you buy it?
35ivck4.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No1 knows 100% how google works in regards to this. PPL find out by experience/testing. My experience: Search engines and their bots are smart. if you develop a site which is related to those backlinks, it can help. But if they are random links on farms, and/or unrelated information, it can hurt. Basically, google analyse the text around the backlink and can determine if it's spammy or not. If those spam links point to you, it hurts.

Also 100 backlinks is nothing. you should be looking for 1000's if you want to try these kind of domains.

Last edited:
•••
No1 knows 100% how google works in regards to this. PPL find out by experience/testing. My experience: Search engines and their bots are smart. if you develop a site which is related to those backlinks, it can help. But if they are random links on farms, and/or unrelated information, it can hurt. Basically, google analyse the text around the backlink and can determine if it's spammy or not. If those spam links point to you, it hurts.

Also, 100 backlinks is nothing. you should be looking for 1000's if you want to try this kind of domains.
Thanks to it is not so much I am waiting to try that this just happens to be an example of a domain name on a related topic I like. I was just more concerned will it hurt because it seems like they have survived this long and it might be hard for Big G to tell. When its sites like for example the Globe because they cover everything on that site like MSN or Yahoo etc... I appreciate the feedback and idea though. I had not thought about that but might be worth just playing with a site as you mention on a different hosting account than my main one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back