Not open for further replies.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
upload_2020-6-12_10-14-29.png

Archived copy here: https://www.epik.com/equality

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How often do you think the problem was anywhere close to how it was portrayed? Almost never:xf.rolleyes:

If this is meant to indicate some kind of correlation to racism and whether or not it exists or is a major problem in the USA, this fails miserably. Perhaps for every person who could answer "Almost never" to your question I quoted, there could be dozens who could answer "Most of the time."

•••
Note, i'm part of the white race. Do I think the white race is in danger?

From a biological point of view I certainly hope so as it would broaden the gene pool and safe the human race from future pandemics :).

Racism is all around us though. I'm white. But not that white. I'm not a blonde, used to have a long dark beard. I tan easily. Believe me when I tell you I get checked a lot passing customs while stereotypical white people I'm travelling with pass without issues.

•••
Even racists have the right to free speech. But racists are not really the target as bmugford
shows us. He also wants to silence "far right extremists." I suspect that bmugford would be
quick to define almost any Republican as a far right extremist. A Registrar is just a register
for domain names and should not interfere with any legal speech in the domain names
in its registry.

No, they don't have that right in every country
in Germany, there exists a law against
"Volksverhetzung"

means you can't talk in a way that misleads people and invokes riots

Epik is not only a registar but hosting content provider
Epik is hosting videos at tv.us that enable people to
undermine the credibility of Holocaust Victims

they support Holocaust deniers
those people typically are nazis

upload_2020-6-14_23-51-47.png

actually I didn't know

as you are still hosting Holocaust Denier Videos

Last edited:
•••
I probably know a couple thousand people from my high school days, to my college days right up to today. That's about 50 years, and I can honestly say I've never personally met a racist or a nazi. I've even employed, laid off, and fired a few hundred people over my life time.

Are there racists? Yes....are they everywhere.....NO! I once saw a couple of what they call skinheads on the boardwalk here in Virginia Beach....there must have been four or maybe five of them. I don't know what a skinhead stands for...aren't they a mix between a racist and a nazi?

Note, i'm part of the white race. Do I think the white race is in danger? Personally I don't give a rats ass and never have. Do I think other races are inferior? Hell no, and as a Christian who is very proud to be quarter Jewish I'm reasonably sure I'd rot in hell if I believed another race is inferior:xf.rolleyes:
There is only the human race.

•••
The reality is that services like Whatsapp, Twitter, Faceache, snap, insta host exactly the same bad stuff as everyone else.

they don't pretend to love everybody
and quote bibles verses
and play innocent

•••
Dave....i just listened to this women speak and her hateful prejudiced words are exactly why we need a "Bias Warning" or call it a "Prejudice Warning" on everything broadcast or written in America. And as for the piece you linked us to about the alleged white-supremacist group on Staten Island passing out 50:xf.rolleyes: propaganda brochures, what is suppose to be my takeaway? The population of Staten Island is around 500,000, and I'd bet you anything you'd like to bet there are 10X as many pedophile's on Staten Island as there are skin heads. Why aren't we more up in arms about pedophilia than we are about racism?
I just don't think you are capable of "getting" it. It is no reflection of you as a person. You are a good person I'm sure. Need more like you. But, there is no way for you to understand.

•••
they don't pretend to love everybody
and quote bibles verses
and play innocent
Read what you wrote again ?
Twitter and facebook don't pretend to love everyone ? you got to be kidding me
there is not a single major company in 2020 that is not catering to social issues and trying to paint themselves in holier than god image don't kid yourself

•••
The truth is, and you guys will admit it if you are honest - is there is nothing Epik could do that would actually make you like them.

absolute BS

Epik is not the problem
Rob's behavior here in this forum is the problem

I was quite ok with Epik
while Rob decided to become silent here

guess he was missing some counter wind

•••
If Epik wants to take a stand, they should donate to worthy causes that diligently and actively work to stamp out all forms of hate based on race, religion or otherwise. They should paint their site black and stop the dancing around where they stand.

thank you @Silentptnr

•••
I really don't understand why anyone cares if some nutty Holocaust deniers have a website.
Even nuts have the right to free speech, or at least they do in the US.

When I was a little kid I can remember checking under my bed at night to make sure that there were no monsters hiding under it. I suspect that many of you still check under your beds looking for racists.

I once met a very famous and reclusive person and had a rather nice conversation with them for almost an hour. Later I told some of my friends about it. I might as well have been telling them that I was kidnaped by aliens and taken aboard their flying saucer and anal probed for 3 days. I could tell that no one believed me. I stopped telling anybody else about it. You need to let the nuts speak and be heard because someday you might become one of them.

•••
Just so this thread doesn't get too out of control.

I don't think Rob Monster is racist. Nor do I know him well enough. So everything I say is just my opinion.

That is not my issue.

#MarketingWithoutEthics #NotTakingAccountability

Last edited:
•••
I really don't understand why anyone cares if some nutty Holocaust deniers have a website.
Even nuts have the right to free speech, or at least they do in the US.

When I was a little kid I can remember checking under my bed at night to make sure that there were no monsters hiding under it. I suspect that many of you still check under your beds looking for racists.

I once met a very famous and reclusive person and had a rather nice conversation with them for almost an hour. Later I told some of my friends about it. I might as well have been telling them that I was kidnaped by aliens and taken aboard their flying saucer and anal probed for 3 days. I could tell that no one believed me. I stopped telling anybody else about it. You need to let the nuts speak and be heard because someday you might become one of them.
The "nuts" don't believe everyone should have free speech. They believe only they should. And they are not nuts. They cannot be underestimated. Just saying.

•••
The "nuts" don't believe everyone should have free speech.

But, you don't believe that everyone should have free speech either. Doesn't that make you a "nut" too?

•••
It's like those ignorant folks who think black lives matter means all lives don't matter. Of course all lives matter. And it's a damn shame it has come to this extreme, where one side has to feel kneeling during the national anthem is their best option to get awareness NOW. Then our president suggest we get those sons of bitches off the field. Only months later the president is out there inciting shooting of looters to the WORLD. Surely you can respect kneeling more than looting? I know I heard Rob Monster on a DNAcad social refer to the BLM movement and equate it to commerce in Africa, but not sure if I have ever seen Epik stand up for the Black Lives Matter Movement. Namesilo did. GoDaddy did. The bloom firm did. Yeah, and I'm the one doing the devil's work as one Epik VP had told me. #SMH

Who am I to Judge? I am nobody. Just a nut. So PLEASE form your OWN opinion!

IF Tweets were any indication of social statements, then here's what we'd see.

Search results from @EpikDotCom twitter:

# Black Lives Matter = 0
# BlackLivesMatter = 0
# BLM = 2 (from 2016 advertising BLM.Land for $999
# Nigeria = 3
1) Epik training in Nigeria based on DomainGraduate.com
2) Epik thanking TransferWise for helping facilitate a Nigeria Payout
3) Epik promoting TransferWise as a way to clear payments to Nigeria in Naira.
# Black = 11
1) BlackFriday
2) BlackFriday
3) BlackFriday
4) A 2019 tweet marketing Anonymize as "The Black Panther of the domain Industry"

Does Epik think the folks behind Black Panther appreciate how Anonymize services are behind used?

5) BlackFriday
6) BlackFriday
7) BlackFriday
8) BlackFriday
9) BlackFriday
10) A 2014 tweet that says, "An old proverb says... Every white has its black, and every sweet its sour.
11) A 2010 tweet that says, "Domain Traffic May Be Black Gold, but Domain Development is the Alchemist’s Stone- Awesome article! @DotSauce
<<<>>>

For calibration:

Here's @GoDaddy:

# Black Lives Matter = 0
# BlackLivesMatter = 0
# Nigeria = 0
# Black = 65

1) Support of Black Entrepreneurs
2) Stands By the entire Black Community (notes only 4% employee are black)
3) Black Out Tuesday Support
4) Expresses Support to Black Community
5) Stands with Black Community
6) Stands With Black Entrepreneurs, our Black Employees, and the entire Black Community
7) Proud to Support the Black Community
8) (December 2nd, 2019) Black Friday
9) Black Friday
10) Black Friday
11) Black Friday
12) Black Friday
13) Black Friday
14) BlackFriday
<not going to do the whole 65 list. Nothing significant or related caught my eye.)

<<<>>>

Here's @Dynadot:
# Nigeria = 0
# BlackLivesMatter = 0
# Black = All about marketing and/or a black cat.

<<<>>>

Here's @namesilo:
#BlackLivesMatter = 1

<<<>>>
Here's @PorkBun:
#BlackLivesMatter = 1

<<<>>>
Here's @google
#BlackLivesMatter = 1 (from 2015)

<<<>>>
Heres @CloudFlare:
# Nigeria = 3 (2 about added locations)
#BlackLivesMatter
However...

upload_2020-6-14_17-22-58.png

and

LOTS of posts celebrating #BlackHistoryMonth

<<<>>>

Heres @NetSolCares
#BlackLivesMatter = 0
# nigeria = 0

<<<>>>

Heres @NameDotCom
#BlackLivesMatter = 0
# Nigeria = 0
Lots of blackfriday tweets.
One notable Tweet

<<<>>>

I'm sure there's more. But Dinner calls (for now at least)

The point being. Everybody offers their support in different ways. Some support African countries, and make it easier for the domain industry to be inclusive to them. Others stand up for social movements. Although tweets is a poor metric, it does give some indication of whos standing for what, and when they stood.

I'm not here to judge. Just point our areas where opportunities exist to be best, or be better. All are opinions. Zoom out a second by taking a loot at the bigger picture. And reassess certain responses, and perhaps find new/existing causes to support.

Still, holding a seemingly defiant stance, and refusing to stand up (or set aside any personal or business decisions) for a greater cause is suspect to me (#BlackLivesMatter). Nonetheless, I greatly appreciate Epiks support of Nigeria (specifically to attempt to even the playing field for Nigerian domainers to be seen as equals in the industry) and other countries who aren't as economically fortunate as the USA, and other GDP powerhouses.

Last edited:
•••
This is from UNESCO

"Climate denial has seriously impeded aggressive mitigation efforts that could have averted our present climate emergency. It has magnified the risk that humanity locks in to catastrophic global climate change. The people in positions of authority in states, or industrial groups whose lies have put us and our descendants in peril, should be held accountable. The damage that climate deniers do is heinous, and they have no excuses. The time has come to prosecute them for postericide."

This is the threat, Not holocaust deniers. The leftist radicals want to shut up everybody that disagrees
with them and put them in jail. And who are these climate deniers. One was Kary Mullus,
awarded the Nobel Prize for developing PCR. I don't want to see Rob Monster give you an inch.
I want Rob Monster to tell you to go to hell. I want to have a Registrar to run to when GoDaddy throws
me out for being a climate denier or whatever else becomes politically incorrect.

This is my crime:
https://www.powder.us/ozone/

Last edited:
•••
If a registrar has to issue a statement on racial issues, run. This is not a place of trust and you certainly shouldn’t have them hold your inventory.

•••
But, you don't believe that everyone should have free speech either. Doesn't that make you a "nut" too?

Do you know the difference between hate speech and free speech?

Your true color is starting to show.

Last edited:
•••
Do you know the difference between hate speech and free speech?

Your true color is starting to show.

I do. Hate speech is what you just did.

•••

Really? That's not freedom of speech?

Green = Money
Red = Republican
Blue = Democrat

You see, it's all about perception. Until it's not.

Some instances of hate speech are much more clear than others. Do you suggest we draw no line between free speech and hate speech?

If so, clearly we read different middle school history books. Perhaps the ones you read were printed prior to Generation Y. And perhaps the ones I read were based on how your generation treated its peers. So you see, the younger generation has the burden of educating an overwhelmingly ignorant older generation. (y) :penguin:

Last edited:
•••
We must disagree on the meaning of free speech. In my book, free speech is about truth and equality. Hate speech is anything but that. Fact is, we don't even have to talk about free speech, we can talk about the atrocities actually happening. I'd like to know your position on race based violence.

•••
Noone in this thread has spoken hate. What is being discussed is Epik's letter that attempted to address it's position on love and positive energy. We were discussing how it is being received, processed and the general reaction.

•••
We must disagree on the meaning of free speech. In my book, free speech is about truth and equality.

The first amendment says nothing about free speech having to conform to your ideas about what is truth and equality. It doesn't mention you at all. This is what it says.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Last edited:
•••
The first amendment says nothing about free speech having to conform to your ideas about what is truth and equality. It doesn't mention you at all. This is what it says.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
So that's for Congress. Who's talking about a law? I'm talking about racists and hateful people being bad for Epik business. Bad for any business.

Last edited:
•••

This isn't an argument about Free Speech. This is a discussion about Epik putting a statement out there as their position on human relations.

Last edited:
•••
We must disagree on the meaning of free speech. In my book, free speech is about truth and equality.

Seems an argument about free speech to me.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back