domain Americannfl.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Playfull

Established Member
Impact
I got this name in a bundle and have never intended to use it myself for obvious reasons. But is it potentially of value to a blogger or for use by company that supplies legit licenced goods?

I have valued the comments on the other domains i have asked about - as said previously, i am interested in learning - so i am keen to see what people think of this name.

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All I can say is is I owned it ,I would not renew

•••
the problem with this domain is there is a definite undeniable split, American - nfl. And these two support each other in a TM conflict. There is an American conference in the NFL and it is played in America.

So TM problem, stuck with fan blogger end user at best. Regfee Good Luck

•••
American No Fun League huh?

•••
the problem with this domain is there is a definite undeniable split, American - nfl. And these two support each other in a TM conflict. There is an American conference in the NFL and it is played in America.

So TM problem, stuck with fan blogger end user at best. Regfee Good Luck

Thanks for the reply. Would this not be a good name for a licenced sports apparel seller though?

•••
Thanks for the reply. Would this not be a good name for a licenced sports apparel seller though?

No. Just because a company is licensed to sell apparel, doesn't mean they are allowed to use a trademark in their web address. There was actually a similar topic on here a few months ago about a franchisee that got in trouble with the corporate office for using the companies trademark in their domain name. Just because you have a franchise license or are licensed to sell something, that does not give you unlimited rights to use the trademark as you wish.

•••
No. Just because a company is licensed to sell apparel, doesn't mean they are allowed to use a trademark in their web address. There was actually a similar topic on here a few months ago about a franchisee that got in trouble with the corporate office for using the companies trademark in their domain name. Just because you have a franchise license or are licensed to sell something, that does not give you unlimited rights to use the trademark as you wish.

I am obviously aware of general trademark issues but not the detail in this instance - i own a couple myself.
Thanks for your reply

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back