IT.COM

technology Amazon Launches .BOT Domain for Artificial Intelligence Industry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
At 16:00 UTC this Monday, October 30th, .BOT will enter General Availability. After several years of experimentation, Amazon is ramping up to service the Artificial Intelligence (AI) industry with their .BOT domain extension.
Pre-Orders for .BOT domain names can be submitted at EnCirca up until 15:45 UTC (11:45am EDT) on Monday morning.
For the past few years, Amazon has limited access to .BOT domains exclusively to registrants directly involved with AI bots. Once .BOT enters General Availability Monday, all registration restrictions will be dropped.
As .BOT’s largest domain registrar, EnCirca is excited to help Amazon introduce .BOT to the global internet. To celebrate this momentous launch, EnCirca is providing Pre-Registrations for .BOT domain names.
Read More.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think .AI does that and more?

•••
Then, Let's 💐Welcome .BOT

I Tried

AI.BOT = unavailable.
RO.BOT= unavailable.

•••
Yep, but it cost near $70 each, so I'll skip it.

Anyway, thanks for this topic :xf.wink:
bot GIF by Product Hunt

Last edited:
•••
Bot =/= AI

One has nothing to do with the other. Different things, sometimes used together depending on case.

Amazon is pulling a longshot here.

Note: I am a fullstack dev, I use AI (not just GPT) and bots heavily, and to me this spells a rather desperate attempt to capitalize on a trend by trying to link together things that aren't really linked.

The money, however is not in the end users, as we know.

Fools will buy lots.

Edit: and "bot" term domains have never sold like hot cake, for all the right reasons.

Last edited:
•••
Also it's an old fashioned word already.

E.g. "Crawler" and "spider" are now obsolete, bot is also getting so.

Estibot for example = perhaps a good name when it started, but today? meh.

I'm pretty sure both "bot" and "ai" terms will soon-ish be replaced by other words.

•••
After the artificial intelligence fever cools and the big players launch their ai properties for all to see .com will remain leader of the pack.

Too many extensions already at the end of the day .com holders win.

•••
After several years of experimentation, Amazon is ramping up to service the Artificial Intelligence (AI) industry with their .BOT domain extension.
For the past few years, Amazon has limited access to .BOT domains exclusively to registrants directly involved with AI bots.
Huh?

It didn't work, so they thought they'd try it again.

Last edited:
•••
I wonder if Amazon will be coming out with a smart home bot soon, something along the lines of openAI and Grok.

•••
I did sell a ****bot.com. Don't think the term bot is that relevant anymore ca 2023/4

•••
I did sell a ****bot.com. Don't think the term bot is that relevant anymore ca 2023/4
a .bot DN was sold yesterday for 85k claimed by Abhim
1703798888906.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back