IT.COM

news Amazon.com gets big win in domain battle, may yet get .Amazon domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
FYI
Independent review process recommends ICANN reconsider .amazon top level domain name application.

amazon-logo-2.jpg

One of the biggest controversies in ICANN’s new top level domain name program has been the denial of Amazon.com’s applications for the .Amazon top level domain as well as the Chinese and Japanese equivalents.

Full article here:
http://domainnamewire.com/2017/07/1...-win-domain-battle-may-yet-get-amazon-domain/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
An interesting DNW synopsis of the .amazon application and objections to its' approval.

Yes, the approval of .amazon would likely be a boon to many of the new top level domains by bringing light to their existence and further their usage across the internet.

Have there been demonstrable or high probability " harms " done to the objecting regions or are the " harms " theoretical? Are the " harms " objections primarily tourist based or other?

Thanks for posting up the DNW article.

Last edited:
•••
I can't imagine what the harms would be. In this case I think it's just an example of a country saying "we have the power to say no, so let's say no".

Is the Amazon region reeling by Amazon.com's usage of the .com? I don't think so.

•••
Back