IT.COM

Am new here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lanre

Established Member
Impact
Hi NP fellas.

NP further proof to me the world is a choked up room- we all so close and near. And the good things we share is the bond that puts us together and the smile on the faces of some. OK I said this cos I have read few interesting things about domaining here within the shortest time I got to know of this forum. Things that have taught me basics.....

I am a newbie to domaining. Like others, I read of the buzz...ooops! I can also probably make few bucks doing this. So here I am to make profit. I bought one or two domains- either in a rush or so I don't know; but have not been able to sell them. Then I came to realize there are loads of things I should KNOW that I didn't know before. Knowledge is gold. And I want this gold more so I can have more ornaments in my pockets at the end of it all.

Therefore, am reading a whole lot more here and hoping to make friends that will make this crossword puzzle called domaining easy (or thereabout) while also helping me realize my collections of cash desirables everyone seems to have been enjoying or wish to be.

My deep appreciation to the ones who contributed the beautiful articles I have read, and also to the ones who wrote those am yet to read cos I know am going to learn a lot thru that; in advance I say thank you to my would be friends to help me realize my dream in this business.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great as newbie you are already reading and learning through this forum a lot. Way to go. Welcome to NP. Best of luck.

•••
Welcome, @Lanre! It sounds like you are already off to a good start and making the most of the vibrant, sharing community that is NamePros!

While it often takes a long time for that first sale, and even longer for that first big sale, there is so much to learn along the way.

Why not tell us what niche areas you plan to invest in?

Welcome once more.

Bob

•••
So here I am to make profit. I bought one or two domains- either in a rush or so I don't know; but have not been able to sell them. Then I came to realize there are loads of things I should KNOW that I didn't know before. Knowledge is gold. And I want this gold more so I can have more ornaments in my pockets at the end of it all.
Love how you worded that..reminds of "gold rush fever"...
Namepros_Welcome_dolphin_briguy_BrianMc_(Myway2fortune.info).jpg

•••
@MetBob thanks replying....

About what niche area I intend going for; sincerely am yet to figure this out. i got to know this in my reading here....then I asked myself 'how do I go about determine what niche I should concentrate on?' I do know am for now sticking with dot com(s) probably this is what you mean by your question

•••
Hi again @Lanre . Clearly the extension(s) are relevant, but even more than that I meant whether you consider that you prefer to generic words or "brandable" (made up words a company could trade mark). I find that there is something to be said for picking niche areas that you have expertise in prior to domain name investing. For example, I come from a science background, so my interests are partly in nanoscale technology, biotech including genetic editing, space, and science education /outreach. Now I do invest in some other names, but in areas that I read in and keep up in I feel I have a better chance of seeing how the field will develop. Anyway, just a thought. I do also believe in some diversification - i.e. I would never have only domains in one niche.

You are wise, wiser than most of us or at least me!, in holding off purchasing until you have educated yourself a lot on trends, tools, etc. Best of luck!

•••
@MetBob you've just opened up the moon to excited tourist with the mind and maybe purse to embark on dream exploration. U explained what 'niche' all bout in this biz and am greatful.

Now I think I can narrow my look outs for to things like tech, computers, internet of things, etc that am most and very much comfortable with. And yes a little bit of diversification shouldn't hurt as you said..... thanks friend

•••
Hi there @Lanre .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

As @MetBob has mentioned, it's definitely a good choice you made to learn as much as possible before investing too much. There are many potential pitfalls in domaining .. so taking the time to figure it all out can save you a lot of money in the long run! :)

Best of luck to you in your future domaining adventures! :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello @Lanre !

Welcome aboard to NamePros! :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi NP fellas.

NP further proof to me the world is a choked up room- we all so close and near. And the good things we share is the bond that puts us together and the smile on the faces of some. OK I said this cos I have read few interesting things about domaining here within the shortest time I got to know of this forum. Things that have taught me basics.....

I am a newbie to domaining. Like others, I read of the buzz...ooops! I can also probably make few bucks doing this. So here I am to make profit. I bought one or two domains- either in a rush or so I don't know; but have not been able to sell them. Then I came to realize there are loads of things I should KNOW that I didn't know before. Knowledge is gold. And I want this gold more so I can have more ornaments in my pockets at the end of it all.

Therefore, am reading a whole lot more here and hoping to make friends that will make this crossword puzzle called domaining easy (or thereabout) while also helping me realize my collections of cash desirables everyone seems to have been enjoying or wish to be.

My deep appreciation to the ones who contributed the beautiful articles I have read, and also to the ones who wrote those am yet to read cos I know am going to learn a lot thru that; in advance I say thank you to my would be friends to help me realize my dream in this business.

Welcome to NP

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back