Dynadot

discuss Am I wrong? Do domains really appreciate in value or is it Fools Gold?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

siyavuya

Established Member
Impact
I'm really starting to think that domains don't appreciate in value. I took the time to look around and I saw that the value is just pulled from thin air. Basing the value on a few things like length, keyword and sequence of numbers or letters is a hard sell. Has anyone here ever held a domain for some time and saw it go up in value?

One of the mistakes people make is confusing the value of money and the final price of a domain.
Let me give you a simple example:
Money goes down in value over time due to inflation

Most VIPs have a lot of domains which they hold for many years. Has anyone here ever gone back monthly or even yearly to increase the price of their domains or do they stay at the same price until sold?

I'm starting to really think that this is fools gold
Am I wrong?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why would the OP think inflation would have any noticeable effect on the value of domain names, when there are vastly larger events impacting the domains market?
I think the point was not directly around if inflation influenced domain prices (I agree with you that other factors dominate) but rather the point that investments that do not increase in value at least at rate of inflation lose value in real terms. Within domains the time period under consideration and the type of domain influence which domain portfolios increase in value at more than the rate of inflation.
Bob

•••
Edit Double Post (mods please delete this one)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back