Domain Empire

advice Am I missing something??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tunababa8v

Established Member
Impact
I started domaining last year and I will say I have taken it as a graduate course (domaining 101). Over my eight months of domaining, I have taken three namepros thread as a course; the appraisal section, the domain sale section and the newbie section.. The domain sale section in particular has been used as a beacon of hope to keep working hard.

Now as much as I have been left in awe of some stellar sales I have also been baffled as to why some names are sold.Having spent time in the 'domain beginners' thread, I have learnt some things as a general guiding principal to succeeding in domaining.. Among this things are;
1)Never register too long, meaningless names
2)Dot com is king and always go for dot com
3)Domain age plays its role
4)Before registering a name, think like an enduser, would you brand your business with such name..
..... and so on
I was also reading a thread by Josh R. three days ago https://www.namepros.com/threads/newbie-investors-the-domain-vlog-episode-3.1069124/ where he mentioned some dos and donts in his vlog.
All that taken but not to bore you, Federer posted some sales in the 'domain sale section'. https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-596

According to him

'' Just sold:

BeenThereDoneThat.co - $500 (Undeveloped, incomingoffer); $1.50 cost, promo.
Living-Homes.com - €500 (Sedo, incoming offer); to be completed tomorrow. £4.99 cost.''

Now these sales up there got me confused, this doesn't in any follow what we have been taught as a newbie.

Beentheredonethat.co is 17 character long, not a dot com, it is even a dot co, a long short. It doesn't portry a product and I am not sure if I would be branding my business or my blog on '' beentheredonethat''.

And the second one Living-homes, though a dot com got a spoiler in the hyphen. Livinghomes!??

Is there anything we are missing as a newbie or is approaching domaining the holistic way the right way.. Seasoned domaimers please shed more light on this..
Cc Federer, Josh R, Usernamex, TomCarl, Silentpr, Larrydomain, Kerala, Kate

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The best way to lose money doing this, is by following along with what everyone else is doing, just because they claim they did this or that.

Good point to consider

one needs validation of proclamations, if you consider following, while not being led.

imo...

•••
What I meant is:

A name is purchased for few thousands but the new owner didn't renew it when the renewal time comes...... and so, the domain name is available to be registered

To give you more details on this, I need some time to explore Namebio...... but it is a truth.

•••
There is a reason why you learn the alphabets before you learn words. You have to know the rules before you can break them. You have to learn the basics before you can reinvent them.

This is true for domaining as well as any other business out there.

•••
and they are still not sold

They are meant for one of my ventures and just bought a couple of months back..sale is only a bonus..i can think of other names no big deal:xf.smile:

•••
Not sure what the point of this link is - I think the domain name being linked to has some value - eSports is showing the potential to be absolutely huge over the next 3-5 years and a keyword-rich domain for only $12 doesn't seem a bad investment to me.

I'd have bought it myself at that price, if I'd have seen it - I don't see how the $12 price tag can be used as a negative slight on a fellow member - even the wealthiest people on the planet buy a $4 coffee now and then :xf.smile:

Maybe I'm missing something.

99% of my domain are handregs
a $12 USD domain is pretty close to a hand reg
it could have been worse then esports ;)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/41790148

Last edited:
•••
Not sure what the point of this link is - I think the domain name being linked to has some value - eSports is showing the potential to be absolutely huge over the next 3-5 years and a keyword-rich domain for only $12 doesn't seem a bad investment to me.

I'd have bought it myself at that price, if I'd have seen it - I don't see how the $12 price tag can be used as a negative slight on a fellow member - even the wealthiest people on the planet buy a $4 coffee now and then :xf.smile:

Maybe I'm missing something.

eSportgadgets.com is available to hand reg...synonym for equipment and way shorter:xf.smile:
all other extensions of e sport equipment are open and if someone buys it from aftermarket then it tells you the level.
nice sounding name but esport just needs a lappy or phone...no equipment needed...maybe you can apply your domain course knowledge and counter:xf.cool:

•••
Interesting read for newbies like us...

•••
...maybe you can apply your domain course knowledge and counter:xf.cool:

I just like it for $12 USD

and others do so too

upload_2018-3-19_11-38-32.png

upload_2018-3-19_11-39-39.png

Every pro gamer will spend hours sat down practising and playing in online events, which is why it is important to have a comfortable set up. The most important part of this is the chair you use, a bad chair can lead to lifelong health problems, so investing in a solid option is always a good idea.
One often forgotten area of esports is that of simracing. One of the oldest areas of competition is often overlooked for the flashy MOBAs and shooters, but it is still one of the most competitive and entertaining genres. Of course, anyone serious about sim racing will need a nice setup that works for them, but one of the most impressive options is the Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer Racing wheel.
“Equipment matters when you are competing against the best in the world. A better racing wheel gives me more information, ..."
The one bit of kit that pretty much every esports pro will need, regardless of their game or platform of choice, is a good headset. Being able to hear the in game sounds, and your teammates, is vitally important across all esports, and a good headset is exactly what you will need.
But for esports pros, especially those in the console world where noisy open LAN events are common, the Elite Pro has one accessory that really makes it great. The Tournament Mic is a detachable microphone designed for noise situations such as playing on stage or in a LAN environment. The mic takes the noise in front of it and mutes it, using the mic pointing towards your mouth as the only input. This means you can get near broadcast quality speech while playing on stage.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikest...to-become-the-best-in-the-world/#439e8575d122

Last edited:
•••
•••
This may sound old school but i can't see how taking a 'course' on domaining is ever going to help. It's like those degree courses on things like yodelling...people actually pay money for this. NPs has everything you need to know and for free.

My advice is don't take this too seriously, play at it for fun and if you make some money then great. Don't over invest, turn off auto renew, .com is king but you can make money from other extensions and the hardest one for me personally to follow is.....plan who your end user is, rather than getting reg happy and burning loads of money.

Also......wear sunscreen :ROFL:

•••
And, you will also get confused for the name sold for few thousands dollars and it is available to register now....

•••
And, you will also get confused for the name sold for few thousands dollars and it is available to register now....
Can you provide more details on that please!

•••
There is a reason why you learn the alphabets before you learn words. You have to know the rules before you can break them. You have to learn the basics before you can reinvent them.

This is true for domaining as well as any other business out there.
Well you would have been right but in this case what we call 'the basics' has been sidelined.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back